ADVERTISEMENT

POLL: Beating Louisville or Final Four

What is more important to you as a UK fan for any given season?

• Total voters

Shawn (uk7spd)

All-American
Gold Member
Nov 2, 2006
Simple poll question: Would you rather beat Louisville and not reach the Final Four, or would you rather lose to Louisville but reach the Final Four (but go no further).

EDIT: I realize these two things are not connected in any way. That is not the point. The point is to assess how much value UK fans place on the Louisville game. So the question is looking back on any given season, with everything else in the season being equal, would you feel better about beating Louisville but losing in the Elite 8, or losing to Louisville and reaching the Final Four (but losing that game).

If you vote, please also respond to the thread with your vote, so that we can verify the legitimacy of the results (i.e., avoid drive-by trolls voting).

Also, if you do choose the Final Four option (again, this means getting to the Final Four but getting no further), then in your post if you are so inclined, I would like to know what "achievement" would be the line where the Louisville game becomes more important. For example, for you, is beating Louisville more important than reaching the Sweet 16, making the tournament, etc.

This is for research purposes. Thanks.

Last edited:
If you vote, please also respond to the thread with your vote, so that we can verify the legitimacy of the results (i.e., avoid drive-by trolls voting).

Also, if you do choose the Final Four option (again, this means getting to the Final Four but getting no further), then in your post if you are so inclined, I would like to know what "achievement" would be the line where the Louisville game becomes more important. For example, for you, is beating Louisville more important than reaching the Sweet 16, making the tournament, etc.

I think at least a third question would help. As it is I'd vote none of the above. (The reason is the (But no further) UK can always go further until they can't. :)

I think at least a third question would help. As it is I'd vote none of the above. (The reason is the (But no further) UK can always go further until they can't. :)
It is a simple question. With all other aspects of the season being equal, would you choose beating Louisville and not reaching the Final Four, or would you choose losing to Louisville and reaching the Final Four (but losing that game).

Does Lewisville reach the final four? :) Sorry, I'd just rather not answer that question without some qualifiers but that's just me. Be Good

Hmm. The question is, if we were to beat Louisville, how far would we go? 1st round exit? Or whatever happens, happens? If it's lose to Louisville and guarantee a final 4, or beat them and let the chips fall as they may, I say beat the Tards and damn the torpedoes.

I guess my main issue with this poll is we are not in the mode now to "settle" for a final four at this juncture. Some years may be easier to answer than other years. This ride has been good. I'll stop being contrary but it is the premise of the poll I guess is where I have the issue. (No offense OP)

Some of you are making this entirely too complicated. Again, with everything else in the season being equal (meaning same results in every other game), would you rather beat Louisville and lose in the Elite 8, or lose to Louisville but reach the Final Four (but go no further)? Simple question. Thanks.

I guess my main issue with this poll is we are not in the mode now to "settle" for a final four at this juncture. Some years may be easier to answer than other years. This ride has been good. I'll stop being contrary but it is the premise of the poll I guess is where I have the issue. (No offense OP)
Again, you are overthinking this. I am not talking about going into a given season. I am saying, if you are looking back on the season, would you feel better about the season if we beat Louisville but lost in the Elite 8, or if we lost to Louisville but reached the Final Four (and then lost).

Some of you are making this entirely too complicated. Again, with everything else in the season being equal (meaning same results in every other game), would you rather beat Louisville and lose in the Elite 8, or lose to Louisville but reach the Final Four (but go no further)? Simple question. Thanks.

Wasn't trying to make it complicated but I voted final four as Lewsiville is not relevent. (See, it took me a while but i figured it out...)

No offense but it's not a simple question...it's a dumb question.

First of all one thing doesn't have anything to do with the other. But in your fantasy world...Is there really a UK fan out there who would rather beat UofL during the regular season at the expense of not making it to the FF? I doubt it.

No offense but it's not a simple question...it's a dumb question.

First of all one thing doesn't have anything to do with the other. But in your fantasy world...Is there really a UK fan out there who would rather beat UofL during the regular season at the expense of not making it to the FF? I doubt it.
Of course they don't have anything to do with each other. That is not the point. I am sorry you feel it is a dumb question. It is for research. The point is to examine the value that UK fans place on the Louisville game. That is why I asked it in these terms. I am curious whether, in looking back on a given season, UK fans value reaching the Final Four more than beating Louisville.

Final Four. It's not even a difficult choice for me. And I hate UofL as much or more than anyone.

We're about to pass UNC and UCLA for most FF appearances. Give me more Final Fours. Louisville can treat us like their Super Bowl. They're not ours.

I only want to see one team win......that team is Kentucky.I am a Kentucky fan football and basketball,can't understand why all fans can't pick A team.

Final four all the way. I would much rather win in March/ April then in December. Don't get me wrong I hate Louisville but if UK beats them then all our team did was beat a city college that will be in middle of the acc standings for the forseeble future.

UK fans showing they value Final Fours over a meaningless game in December...imagine that. What a silly poll OP.

Reactions: brianpoe
UK fans showing they value Final Fours over a meaningless game in December...imagine that. What a silly poll OP.
According to Zipp, and all the card guys...We, UK fans, value our annual victory over them more than FF's E8's or NC's.
oh....FF
you do know AF cat is a troller?

I couldn't' care less about beating Louisville. They are a Kentucky team, Pitino did great things for UK, I wish them well. I never got to vote about whether or not they are a hated rival and kind of resent that someone else has decided that I should hate them.

Simple poll question: Would you rather beat Louisville and not reach the Final Four, or would you rather lose to Louisville but reach the Final Four (but go no further).

EDIT: I realize these two things are not connected in any way. That is not the point. The point is to assess how much value UK fans place on the Louisville game. So the question is looking back on any given season, with everything else in the season being equal, would you feel better about beating Louisville but losing in the Elite 8, or losing to Louisville and reaching the Final Four (but losing that game).

Beating Louisville is a given.

Lewisville is just a blip on the radar compared to going to the final four. The Championship is what everybody would like to have.

If we are good enough to go to a final four......chances are we smack lil bro in the process. No brainer its final fours!!

If we are good enough to go to a final four......chances are we smack lil bro in the process. No brainer its final fours!!
What if we beat louisville to get to the final 4? Do we really lose? I'm really confused.

This past season, beating Wisc would have been much better than beating UL
Just give me the UL loss and a W over Wisc.

The part I don't understand is in the chance that time travel is possible, could one have a different outcome of the went back in time? Until that is answered in not sure how to answer the poll!
Seriously though, no true Cat fan would ever say beating UL is more important than a FF.

I voted Final Four. UL is not really important. We beat them on a normal basis so....

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT