POLITICAL THREAD

How will they rule ??!

• YES - Qualified

Votes: 41 82.0%
  • NO - Disqualified

Votes: 9 18.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Not often but occasionally around election time just to hear what the other side is saying. I remember Rush being pretty dead on in 2016. I'll still roll my eyes a lot if I listen, but I do want to know what others are saying sometimes and not just something that closely matches my own views.

I do the same with Louisville too. Week or so before the game I'll check out their board and read how they feel about it. Didn't this year of course.

Listening to what others are saying is not the same as understanding them.

Reactions: AustinTXCat
In a speech to the National Academy of Sciences, Obama reassured the public that he was “closely monitoring the emerging cases of swine flu in the United States,” and while “this is obviously a cause for concern and requires a heightened state of alert…it is not a cause for alarm.”

He added that the declaration was a “precautionary tool to ensure that we have the resources we need at our disposal to respond quickly and effectively.”

However, soon after Obama had emphasized that swine flu was “not a cause for alarm,” Biden remarked on NBC’s Today show that he would tell his family members to avoid air and subway travel amid the outbreak.

Biden’s comment caused public concern and confusion, as it contradicted Obama’s previous message. In particular, Biden was blasted by the travel industry for unnecessary fearmongering.

Obama had claimed that 160 million doses would readily be available in October, and vaccine production would be swift. Yet, in actuality, the amount sent out in October was less than 30 million. As a result, Obama received heavy criticism for his overly optimistic and misleading estimation regarding vaccine supply.

“The fact that there are vaccine shortages is a huge problem,” remarked Sen. Susan Collins in late October. “I believe the administration took the pandemic seriously, but I also believe administration officials were so determined to show that everything was under control that they sent the wrong signals about the adequacy of supplies of the vaccine.”

An HSS Report evaluating the Obama administration’s performance further pointed out that “most of the vaccine arrived too late to vaccinate much of the public before the pandemic peaked.”

The Obama administration also faced scrutiny for how vaccines were distributed. Vaccines were sent out to states based on their population size, and health experts have since argued that the distribution should have been targeted more, such as prioritizing sending the vaccines to hospitals and areas where H1N1 had spread the most.

so you are saying you would have just handled it seamlessly the way Obama handled things?
Rent free

Reactions: jauk11
indeed

you won the battle, not the war

bidenlunch16.jpg
5ca4b9e0c6cc502e6a69a55d

“Whataboutism” is the dumbest goddam word ever created. It was created solely by lefties to excuse their hypocrisy. Was that word created on Reddit or in a democrat think tank?

It’s being used here to point out the right justify raiding the capitol by equating it with the BLM protests. The mechanism is inherently hypocritical. That was my point. But you don’t like the word so it must be a commie.

Don’t help perpetuate the cycle of stupidity. Using one groups misdeeds to justify your own is a race to the bottom. It also inadvertently justifies the very thing you are opposed to.

Misread what I meant, think longer on it.

Don’t help perpetuate the cycle of stupidity. Using one groups misdeeds to justify your own is a race to the bottom. It also inadvertently justifies the very thing you are opposed to.
Agreed.

Please target said idea directly and equally to @nom de plume and @Platinumdrgn, and gain acknowledgement from each. Otherwise, you simply target those on one side, which is unfair as hell if you seek portrayal as a moderate.

It’s being used here to point out the right justify raiding the capitol by equating it with the BLM protests. The mechanism is inherently hypocritical. That was my point. But you don’t like the word so it must be a commie.

No one is justifying them going into the Capitol, we’re saying It they just witnessed months of rioting by mobs that were pissed off.
A riot is a riot, irregardless of the political position of those rioting. They should be handled equally, yet they aren’t. That has to change.

He's not justifying it; he's hinting at what Cosby wrote.

But that's not the entirety of my point.

Agreed.

Please target said idea directly and equally to @nom de plume and @Platinumdrgn, and gain acknowledgement from each. Otherwise, you simply target those on one side, which is unfair as hell if you seek portrayal as a moderate.

I am responsible for their behavior and what they post somehow? Both sides need to stop doing it. I’ve been guilty of it as well. But someone needs to try and make it end.

I am responsible for their behavior and what they post somehow? Both sides need to stop doing it. I’ve been guilty of it as well. But someone needs to try and make it end.

They (left) won't stop, and there's a reason for that.

Reactions: awf
Excellent example of “Whataboutism” Bill, thanks.

What about their riots? WAHHHH...

Thanks for making the point.Crying “ whataboutism” is a cop out.

The media laughed at Trump when the secret service moved him to the bunker when the White House was close to being over ran last summer, a little different tune today isn’t it?
The media and politicians are using photos of the national guard in DC over the Summer to push a racial narrative. What they don’t tell you is that’s after days of rioting, it wasn’t the first day.

I don’t like the word because it’s intellectually lazy and dishonest, and only used to defend hypocrisy.

The etymology can probably be traced right back to Reddit. Has nothing to do with whether I like the word or not, but I’d bet money it originated on that echo chamber to shout down people who were pointing out hypocrisy.

No she wasn't. She was one of the goons that broke the windows out of the doors and was trying to get into the inner chamber. She was shot after the window was broken out of the door and she was the first person that tried to climb in. This is the actual shooting because people need to know the truth. Also, she was not wearing an American flag for a cape she was wearing a Trump flag:

I didn’t have volume on but it appears they shot her thru a closed door before she even got thru ? Are my eyes wrong ?

Isn’t it funny how news descriptions go from “peaceful protesters” to “mob of trump rioters.” nowhere in the “news” during all the summer violence did i see any of it described as “riots” or “mobs.” fox may have been the exception.

It's not even justification. It's recognition of the double standard of labeling one group as a "mob" of "domestic terrorists" participating in an "insurrection"/"deadly riot," while similar violent protests during the summer were never characterized in such a manner. Basically it's a "teachable moment" that falls on deaf ears.

Isn’t it funny how news descriptions go from “peaceful protesters” to “mob of trump rioters.” nowhere in the “news” during all the summer violence did i see any of it described as “riots” or “mobs.” fox may have been the exception.
Like blubo said! lol.

Reactions: AustinTXCat
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT