POLITICAL THREAD

How will they rule ??!

• YES - Qualified

Votes: 41 82.0%
  • NO - Disqualified

Votes: 9 18.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
The dumbest thing I have seen yet. A coach is suppose to be teaching the kids, not pandering to them.

It's a missed opportunity.

BLM is a racist organisation, that hijacks the term blm that everyone agreed with, and it distracts from the very real problem of police brutality and crime, making it about race, which it isn't and has nothing to do with race as any serious analysis can show.

It takes advantage of people, ignorant and naive misinformed people, to promote a hateful, divisive and anti-American ideology that can only destroy. It can only make the very problem it purports to try to solve worse, much worse.

Anyone, from Biden to Calipari, to the protestors to random catpaw fan, who says or supports BLM in any way, is either ignorant, naive or malevolent.

You aren't fighting for civil rights or anything righteous; you are actively promoting lawlessness and the deaths of innocent people in the streets are on you and the stupid sociologists/politicians/journalists who have manipulated into believing these lies. This leads nowhere good, you are much closer to being traitors than freedom fighters and all the suffering that is yet to come, like all that's been, is on you and those like you.

All it ever takes for evil to win is for people to just go along with it and not fight it, and make no mistake about this BLM movement in all its forms is evil.

Pugh Poll says BLM support down from 55% in June to 44% now. We need athletes to move away from Black Lives Matter completely to wash this thing out. I still don't know why they don't unify and use a different terminology (if they must protest) that distances themselves from BLM.
BLM support ended when cities went into flames. Of course we’ve now reached a point in time where sending federal troops to stop US cities and civilian lives from being damaged is “racist”

D379-B272-C337-4-A51-A73-E-164719-C92-D15.jpg
252-EC022-E881-4-B3-B-9-E1-E-A742488-E90-DD.jpg

Hmm... did UKAA pay for those T-shirts?

They have a right to do as they please and the university of Kentucky supports their beliefs and opinions.

They have a right to do as they please as long as they are enabled. (They are actually going against UK policy BUT UK seems to not be enforcing that policy now.) I also have a right to do as I please.... I cannot help if the University of Kentucky turned stupid.... they DO have a right to be stupid...

BLM support ended when cities went into flames. Of course we’ve now reached a point in time where sending federal troops to stop US cities and civilian lives from being damaged is “racist”

No disagreement there. Still think the whole thing would be dead if athletes and teams would separate themselves from the organization. The vast majority only support the equality belief but they keep the movement alive and well by showcasing "BLM".

Guess Romney is going to take the Lyndsey Graham route of looking like the good ole Republican to his constituents when the SCOTUS pick is on the line but go back to undermining Trump after the vote is over with. Funny watching Lyndsey begging for campaign contributions on Hannity last night (no idea why I watched it) because he is being outspent by the Dems 4-1 likely because most SC voters can't stand him and will only vote in spite to keep the Democrat puppet out of the Senate.

Pugh Poll says BLM support down from 55% in June to 44% now. We need athletes to move away from Black Lives Matter completely to wash this thing out. I still don't know why they don't unify and use a different terminology (if they must protest) that distances themselves from BLM.

STRICTLY due to the Chinese money that is influencing people like Lebron and co... AND I am thinking Cal may be involved with the money somehow. (Time will tell but no way Cal embraced these thugs as quickly as he did without a deep reason. UK cannot pay Cal's salary alone...and as I understand, they have not paid Cal's salary alone since inception. Just not sure where the money tree is from. It will come out, it will come out...

Guess Romney is going to take the Lyndsey Graham route of looking like the good ole Republican to his constituents when the SCOTUS pick is on the line but go back to undermining Trump after the vote is over with. Funny watching Lyndsey begging for campaign contributions on Hannity last night (no idea why I watched it) because he is being outspent by the Dems 4-1 likely because most SC voters can't stand him and will only vote in spite to keep the Democrat puppet out of the Senate.

Nah, Ole Mitt is waiting until what he does actually matters. Right now his vote does not matter and he knows it. Watch what the Ole RINO McCain wannabe does when his vote does matter....

I’m sure cal is being political because he has his own set of beliefs but even if he were to tell these kids “hey there’s an organization that’s also called BLM that does such and such things” and then proceeds to tell them of how there’s still a movement that isn’t related to BLM thats called Black Lives Matter the players would still want to wear the shirts because they only care about the statement.

Maybe they would. I'm sure at least some would. But they deserve a factual explanation from their mentor. Not just parroting

Nah, Ole Mitt is waiting until what he does actually matters. Right now his vote does not matter and he knows it. Watch what the Ole RINO McCain wannabe does when his vote does matter....
Yeah..hes probably hoping mitch holds the vote until after the election

Reactions: 55wildcat
Well, then Cal might not be your guy considering how many games he has blown. He should have 4 titles at UK by now.
Cal has proven in his coaching career he must have overwhelming talent to win an NCAA Championship and in 2015 he couldn't do it with a 10 deep squad of talent.

He has one championship in a decade. That is not setting the world on fire. He came close at UMass and Memphis but had a missing piece. An outstanding coach could have certainly had more than one NCAA title in 3 decades of coaching. Cal has under performed in hanging banners.

STRICTLY due to the Chinese money that is influencing people like Lebron and co... AND I am thinking Cal may be involved with the money somehow. (Time will tell but no way Cal embraced these thugs as quickly as he did without a deep reason. UK cannot pay Cal's salary alone...and as I understand, they have not paid Cal's salary alone since inception. Just not sure where the money tree is from. It will come out, it will come out...

I can't argue with you since they've had more than enough time to process it all yet still have BLM stamped on the court, etc.

When did Cal consider removing Rupp????? He said if someone had info that he didn't have, his ears were open...He basically said he was not racist as far as hew knew.

Cal stated Brooks statement was not bad. Cal also stated he would be talking to past players to determine if Rupp was in deed a racist and then stated he'd get the current players talking to the former players. I guess that happens after this coming season? Too busy now I guess.

• Haha
Reactions: Sawnee Cat
Cal stated Brooks statement was not bad. Cal also stated he would be talking to past players to determine if Rupp was in deed a racist and then stated he'd get the current players talking to the former players. I guess that happens after this coming season? Too busy now I guess.

Too much going on for me to worry about Cal or Stoops. Going to enjoy the season and cheer for UK. Probably won't visit here much once things get started as it's just too much.

Cal has proven in his coaching career he must have overwhelming talent to win an NCAA Championship and in 2015 he couldn't do it with a 10 deep squad of talent.

He has one championship in a decade. That is not setting the world on fire. He came close at UMass and Memphis but had a missing piece. An outstanding coach could have certainly had more than one NCAA title in 3 decades of coaching. Cal has under performed in hanging banners.

Yep, that's why he went from "all we hang is championship banners at UK!!!!" to "it's not about wins and losses, it's about DREAMS!!!!!"...

When that mfer said that, and kept saying it, I was heartbroken at first, then I was just sort of indifferent towards our basketball program because we really did start playing like it wasn't about W/L's....it was about individual dreams. That mindset produces some shitttayyy basketball. That gets you players like Trashton Hagans.

UGHHH

Stoops don't gaf about dreams. He's here to win the SEC and pound the opponent into the turf.

Reactions: Sawnee Cat
Yep, that's why he went from "all we hang is championship banners at UK!!!!" to "it's not about wins and losses, it's about DREAMS!!!!!"...

When that mfer said that, and kept saying it, I was heartbroken at first, then I was just sort of indifferent towards our basketball program because we really did start playing like it wasn't about W/L's....it was about individual dreams. That mindset produces some shitttayyy basketball. That gets you players like Trashton Hagans.

UGHHH

Stoops don't gaf about dreams. He's here to win the SEC and pound the opponent into the turf.
Cal is definitely becoming a beta

The only thing BLM has accomplished is creating more bigotry. Normal Americans don’t like beliefs being forced upon them, especially with the threat of rioting and looting.

Louisville is now a city being held hostage by the leftist mobs and phoney causes. Breonna Taylor is the new Joan of Arc. Congrats.

As for UK sports. I can honestly and sadly state that this is the most disinterested I’ve been in basketball in 40 years. Mildly interested in football. Politics has pretty much destroyed my love for sports. Other things in life have taken priorities.

Last edited:
I think being a hypocrite is constantly talking about how you support the first amendment and then getting mad at others for expressing their thoughts and opinions.
You are dense. I support the GOVERNMENT not punishing people for speaking their minds. You clearly need a civics lesson.

Also you really should become a fan of the school about 4 hours northwest of Lexington in a town named Bloomington Indiana. You see their fan base tolerated a coach's behavior for years because he was winning. You fit right in with that culture.

That is just intellectually lazy.
Its not intellectually lazy its the facts of the situation. Look man I don't really want to argue about what you feel is right or wrong. I like Cal and I love our players. In regards to the Rupp situation Cal said that he would talk to the players and explain who Coach Rupp was and then they could decide on how they feel. Well if you've noticed since then the players haven't said anything about Coach Rupp. Do I feel the University of Kentucky basketball players are willingly supporting an organization such as the one you are talking about? No I don't.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT