POLITICAL THREAD

How will they rule ??!

• YES - Qualified

Votes: 41 82.0%
  • NO - Disqualified

Votes: 9 18.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
And you call yourself a fan. Just laughable. Hey everyone, I don't give a rats hind end about past UK, I just care about future UK.

Hint: I call that a clinger-on. Kind of like a duke u fan...

Geez this is too easy...
I care that they won those titles as it’s a talking point and easy to use in an argument but as of now I want to win titles now and getting rid of cal isn’t going to make that happen.

I was as pro-Cal as you can get. (Thanks for remembering.) I don't make this change easily but his actions dictated my change.

Don't get me wrong. It hurts bad as what Cal had going with his changing lives and players first was never any issue as long as he did the right thing. Do the right thing and all will fall in line. Cal messed up royally but I still hope for the miracle it will take for Cal to straighten out. It may not be at UK but Cal needs to correct his-self.... Just horrible what he did.

Couldn't have said it better myself.

I was all in on changing lives and teaching these kids to be better people. His track record with the money and how the handle themselves in the NBA is incredible.

However, wearing a shirt with the terrorist chant that goes before murder, arson, assault, and how many other crimes sickens me

I don’t want them to shut up lol I hope they keep doing what they’re doing as it’s their right! I’m not the one asking for cal and the players to shut up.

It is NOT their right to do it while representing UK. They can do all they want as private citizens. (I think you know that. If you don't you have way worse problems than arguing on a message board.) Good luck to you...

Adolph Rupp isn’t doing anything to help cal win basketball games right now. I care about winning now I don’t care about what has been won. Basketball titles from 1885 don’t help satisfy my needs for a basketball title now.
Well, then Cal might not be your guy considering how many games he has blown. He should have 4 titles at UK by now.

It is NOT their right to do it while representing UK. They can do all they want as private citizens. (I think you know that. If you don't you have way worse problems than arguing on a message board.) Good luck to you...
They have a right to do as they please and the university of Kentucky supports their beliefs and opinions.

Well, then Cal might not be your guy considering how many games he has blown. He should have 4 titles at UK by now.
He’s won more games than any coach in the country since he’s been here and we’ve consistently been in the title picture. Eventually he will break through again but with him we have better odds to do that than if we didn’t have him.

Reactions: RunninRichie
No it’s just the way it is. The kids know nothing of an organization. They just simply believe Black Lives Matter. It’s just idiotic to call for Cals job because he’s supporting his black players.
black lives matter is a POV. Black Lives Matter is a communist front organization. Do you see the difference? (Even if u do, doubt you care.)

black lives matter is a POV. Black Lives Matter is a communist front organization. Do you see the difference? (Even if u do, doubt you care.)
Yes I understand the difference but these kids and coaches are not out here supporting the organization. You know this whether you want to admit it or not.

He’s won more games than any coach in the country since he’s been here and we’ve consistently been in the title picture. Eventually he will break through again but with him we have better odds to do that than if we didn’t have him.
Ok boss. I do t see it, but happy you believe. Just for reference AD is not walking thru that door.

Reactions: Sawnee Cat
I think being a hypocrite is constantly talking about how you support the first amendment and then getting mad at others for expressing their thoughts and opinions.

I'm all for free speech. But with the murders and crimes that are following the yelling of the words "black lives matter" turns it from speech to terrorism.

It's like someone yelling Heil Hitler or other terroristic nonsense. Look up and do some research on the rise of the Nazis. There are so many similarities to liberal dems and BLM it is way past scary.

Supporting it and parroting it are making people think they can do whatever they want just by saying the magic words. Look what that thug in LA did to those two cops. And the POS who laughed over it.

The more it's said by people, especially famous ones, the more emboldened people become.

Which is why I've given my last penny to UK. Public institutions need to stay the F out of politics.
I get what you’re saying but saying that a black life matters isn’t political. It’s been made political by both sides but to these kids they just want others to understand that they don’t feel safe as black men in America. Whether they have a reason to believe that is what it is but they aren’t doing this to be political. Maybe Cal is? Idk but not the players.

Saying Black Lives Matter and talking about the organization are 2 completely different things. It is not cals job to teach them about an alleged organization that you feel is supporting Marxism. It’s his job to support his players and win basketball games.

His job is to win games and develop young men. I agree his role should never include politics, etc. But...he thrust himself into that ring.

So if he's going there, he at least needs to make sure the players have all the facts, so they came their decision. Real leaders don't just parrot and placate.

I get what you’re saying but saying that a black life matters isn’t political. It’s been made political by both sides but to these kids they just want others to understand that they don’t feel safe as black men in America. Whether they have a reason to believe that is what it is but they aren’t doing this to be political. Maybe Cal is? Idk but not the players.

Not political? Why are they only protesting Trump events?

Biden wrote the law that they claim started the myth of systemic racism. No BLM protests for him

His job is to win games and develop young men. I agree his role should never include politics, etc. But...he thrust himself into that ring.

So if he's going there, he at least needs to make sure the players have all the facts, so they came their decision. Real leaders don't just parrot and placate.
I’m sure cal is being political because he has his own set of beliefs but even if he were to tell these kids “hey there’s an organization that’s also called BLM that does such and such things” and then proceeds to tell them of how there’s still a movement that isn’t related to BLM thats called Black Lives Matter the players would still want to wear the shirts because they only care about the statement.

This is what did it for me. Being on the fence about Rupp showed his lack of character. He should have educated his team on Black Lives Matter. There are plenty of black role models he could refer to to tell them the truth about the organization. But he didn't. He followed down the path of riots, looting and anarchy.

Has he ever come out and denounced the violence of the group? If he has I missed it.
Least we forget, this is Black Lives Matter and the picture below is the University of Kentucky football team. Stoops needs educating also.

enhance

enhance

D379-B272-C337-4-A51-A73-E-164719-C92-D15.jpg
252-EC022-E881-4-B3-B-9-E1-E-A742488-E90-DD.jpg

• Angry
Reactions: Sawnee Cat
Claims he’s in the air force stationed at ft gordon, ga.(?) i believe. i wonder if his ncoic knows he spends so much time on the internet.
Look man I just told others that I’m in the Air Force because people thought I was hating on the military. I love the military and I love my job. I’m not out here attacking you or your job. But to answer your question we’ve been off of work on and off since March. We work in tight office spaces and a couple of people caught COVID and so it’s just been hard to get everyone in each day.

The Air Force did a good job of trying to help high risk individuals and I’m considered high risk because I have a new born

Last edited:
I’m sure cal is being political because he has his own set of beliefs but even if he were to tell these kids “hey there’s an organization that’s also called BLM that does such and such things” and then proceeds to tell them of how there’s still a movement that isn’t related to BLM thats called Black Lives Matter the players would still want to wear the shirts because they only care about the statement.
Got to be a troll. No other explanation.

Pugh Poll says BLM support down from 55% in June to 44% now. We need athletes to move away from Black Lives Matter completely to wash this thing out. I still don't know why they don't unify and use a different terminology (if they must protest) that distances themselves from BLM.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT