POLITICAL THREAD

How will they rule ??!

• YES - Qualified

Votes: 41 82.0%
  • NO - Disqualified

Votes: 9 18.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Again Im not claiming this to be an end all move by Trump. Just calling out a stupid thing is all. Like Ive said multiple times, Trump's twitter can be a great thing for him, but it can also be a bad thing for him when he puts his foot in his mouth.

This was a dumb political move is all Im saying. You got everyone focusing on defunding police. Trump should've just sat back and let that marinate, would've been much smarter for him to try and poke the bear of Biden not following BLM step for step and trying to grow a little wedge between them.

Again not a career ending move or anything, just a dumb political move. Think its okay to call out a dumb move when he commits a dumb move.

I have already intimated it was a stupid tweet to throw out there. It serves no purpose but to provide a chance for the left to interpret it as they see fit. Don't give them the ammo.

Reactions: duke4life831
I'm actually kind of shocked there hasn't been another martyr in the week of protests. The guy Trump is tweeting conspiracies about was the closest I've seen.

I have already intimated it was a stupid tweet to throw out there. It serves no purpose but to provide a chance for the left to interpret it as they see fit. Don't give them the ammo.
That is all im saying. To me the tweet was twice as dumb because all of the focus was on the defunding cop thing. Why give them any kind of ammo or opportunity to not talk about that. Liberals talking about defunding police is probably the thing that would drive moderates and independents to Trump the most. That should be the only thing Trump is tweeting about.

Reactions: ymmot31
Tucker is maybe even worse. Moore, etc too.

The whole lot are unbearable. Rowland is the only one that has a good take on social issues.

Fentanyl for sure is coming in and coming in big time. Any decent lawyer can get the criminal history in too, given it will be support for their action.

This is far from a slam dunk, but good luck getting a fair trial. If they have any sense at all, they'll let the doj take this so they can make it a civil rights case. That's much easier to prove than actual murder/manslaughter.
Tucker is the worst. He is insufferable. Complete Nancy.

Reactions: bigblueinsanity
mike0609.jpg

Reactions: wildcatcorner
The last presidential election was between the two least popular candidates in modern history, so it quickly became "which of these 2 do I dislike the least?"

This time I think it's going to be "which side scares me more?"

Trump is not presidential. Says crazy things. Broadly viewed as a liar. And since he's been in office, there is a general feeling things are coming unmoored, things are spinning out of control.

On the other side, you have craziness that you generally see at the extreme ends of the political spectrum but has been mainstreamed here. Example - defunding police. It's telling that Biden came out quickly to disavow that yesterday. Tells you where the polls are.

People will want to underestimate how scary the leftist stuff is to middle America. Trump may be doing his best to lose, but I think the left is trying to out do him.
There is an overwhelming reason why things seem to be coming unmoored. The far left and the Medias refusal to accept the fact Hillary lost and have pulled out all the stops to obstruct, defy, ridicule, and oppose every single breath and step Trump takes, to the point of pushing their party even further to the left. their actions are blatant, patently hypocritical, and in some cases treasonous. They have spent so much time trying to destruct Trump that they have failed their constituents, provided practically zero new legislation, outrageous far left insane proposals that no sane person would agree with. They've sabotaged America.

Chicago Mayor Lori Lightfoot said it would take a "Herculean effort" to keep businesses open in disadvantaged neighborhoods after looting and damage that occurred during the first weekend of protests following the death of George Floyd.

Quote from the Chicago mayor:
"I haven't seen s--t like this before," Lightfoot said on the call. "The number of places all over the South and West sides in particular that have been hit today has just been off the charts. Literally hundreds, if not thousands, of locations. Big stores, small stores, strip malls, many corner places, it is all over the city."

I mean who could have seen this coming. Telling people:
  • big business is evil;
  • they don't pay their fair share;
  • capitalism is evil;
  • pandering to every cause;
  • locking people up for months and destroying lives
I mean who could have imagined the powder keg built up by the far left and media would ever explode given a spark?

And no this post is not condoning or ignoring what happened in Minneapolis. But the left has sown the seeds of division via race, economic status, gender, sexual preference etc., to the point that the only thing that had to happen was light the damn fuse.

https://www.foxbusiness.com/politics/lori-lightfoot-alderman-chicago-walmart-looting
She is clueless, but they voted for her so they made a bad problem worse. These places are really hopeless imo unless people really wake and get fed up. But since they seem to like it, it's doubtful.

Guess we can add the PGA Tour to the white people shit list along with UK Sports, the NFL, NBA, NASCAR...you guys need to take up hockey, man. Hardly a black person in sight and they generally stay out of politics.
/QUOTE]
Subban here calling you out.

Reactions: KRJ1975
Wow....per Rowland. I guess he doesn't realize (or maybe he does) that all he did was take a side, and that side can't be questioned. Rather than provide proof of someone or an an example of something that crossed the line, his message became authoritarian. I suppose now any topic that is in the news can't be discussed....Andy's health care issue, BLM, David Dorn, defunding, etc. It's actually accusatory in his tone of calling some of us racists.

""This place has been moderated pretty loosely but not going to allow this place to become obsessed with hot button topics about race. Racist posts will be deleted and offending users will face disciplinary action by the site. Posts about race are now off topic. The reason for this is simple. If there was an easy way to lay out discussion rules and enforce them, we would do that. However, some people are very good (or bad) at walking up to a line, in bad faith, without technically stepping over it. I have asked the moderators to pay special attention to this. It applies to people on all sides of the ideological spectrum.

If the board cannot comply and I have to come down harsher than that's what will happen.""
They will still take your money though if you want to get premium content......[laughing]

All moved in to my new house. I know you broke rednecks missed me.

Watching Republicans try to pretend they don't know Trump has Twitter is comedy gold. The recession started in February before any lockdowns had started. The pandemic just supercharged Trump's destruction Of the economy. Trump has screwed the government up so much even the labor department can't report unemployment without ****ing it up. Trump's polling is so damn bad now he might actually finally fire that moron Kushner.

I'll add on: what about the Irish?

They basically built the eastern US... and were so persecuted in NYC they that were pushed into the Upper West Side... which was a slum in the 1800's.

Even today, they STILL don't have rule over their own island.

I don't see them rioting... instead they busted their azzes and made up a huge chunk of the middle class.

What a dumb@ss post. Only on this site would one even think of comparing Irish persecution/discrimination with African American persecution/discrimination. "So persecuted in NYC they were pushed into the Upper West Side...which was a slum." Lol. Seems pretty similar to the whole slavery/Jim Crow periods of time. I guess Blacks should have just busted their azzes and then at some point those pesky southerners would have ended segregation and given them better voting rights. Basically keep their heads down and hope things change is what they should have done. The only things you have proven is that 1) other groups of people have been discriminated against historically in the United States 2) you are very bad with comparisons.

Watching Republicans try to pretend they don't know Trump has Twitter is comedy gold. The recession started in February before any lockdowns had started. The pandemic just supercharged Trump's destruction Of the economy. Trump has screwed the government up so much even the labor department can't report unemployment without ****ing it up. Trump's polling is so damn bad now he might actually finally fire that moron Kushner.
Don't you have some dishes to put away or some room to paint or something?

Reactions: AustinTXCat
There are European tribes who have suffered significantly worse than any African American today ever has or ever will, and more than slavery ever did too.

THe certain tribe of people I happen to belong to is one of them, and that was as recent as the 1990s.

[

Little premature on that recession, I read the NY Times article as well. We aren't in a recession yet.

Reactions: AustinTXCat
[

Little premature on that recession, I read the NY Times article as well. We aren't in a recession yet.

Don't agree with plat, but don't piss on me and say it's raining. What's your definition of recession, and how does largely shutting down the economy for a quarter not qualify?

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT