POLITICAL THREAD

How will they rule ??!

• YES - Qualified

Votes: 41 82.0%
  • NO - Disqualified

Votes: 9 18.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
You have basic supplies unavailable and police saying they are no longer on duty. This is the logical next step. My guns are loaded for the first time in quite a while when I'm not going to the range.

This feels like its out of a movie...
Now the police thing is bullshit. But what supplies are not available. Yeah the shelves are spotty but I went to Kroger today and got everything I wanted.

At what point do the health benefits of isolation and quarantine outweigh economic devastation? Unemployment in this country is going to skyrocket to Great Depression levels if this keeps up. And many of the jobs won’t come back because it’s mostly small businesses that will fail. Most employees in this country work for small businesses.

So, at what point is the curve flattened? I believe we can handle 30 days but anything beyond that will be catastrophic.
I heard the question put this way today: what is a reasonable number of deaths to accept in order to keep the economy from supposedly tanking?" I think it was dennis? Prader. Imo, that is an inhuman question to ask. For any leader or person to say "We willingly sacrifice 10k people if it means getting the economy back in order, is as misguided as the ancients that sacrificed virgins to change the weather.
I don't know if this is an overreaction or not. Regardless no one has the right to knowingly jeopardize or sacrifice lives of others for the sake of the economy. If you want to volunteer ,go ahead but don't support willingly endangering others.

Anybody looting or otherwise taking advantage of the situation should be at risk of eating hot led end of subject

Anybody looting or otherwise taking advantage of the situation should be at risk of eating hot led end of subject

Only looting would be in liberal cities. But MSM won’t cover that. Prolly blame it on Trump supporters

I heard the question put this way today: what is a reasonable number of deaths to accept in order to keep the economy from supposedly tanking?" I think it was dennis? Prader. Imo, that is an inhuman question to ask. For any leader or person to say "We willingly sacrifice 10k people if it means getting the economy back in order, is as misguided as the ancients that sacrificed virgins to change the weather.
I don't know if this is an overreaction or not. Regardless no one has the right to knowingly jeopardize or sacrifice lives of others for the sake of the economy. If you want to volunteer ,go ahead but don't support willingly endangering others.

Obama lost 18k and no talk of this. Just effing crazy

Maybe we need to bring the draft back. Maybe this generation will learn what sacrifice for country and fellow man is all about.

The unseen result would be self-sacrifice, caring for others more than yourself, gumption (The real kind not the fake bravado.) It would bring about better marriages, more focused children, true confidence...yadda yadda yadda....

There would still be knuckleheads but darn would they be weaded out...

84616168_1553651554799548_4171422823723565056_n.png

Agree Trump is handling this situation as well as it can be handled. Nothing he does,nothing will result in libs admitting as much. If he waved a wand and cure the virus, libs would find some reason to be critical.
Yeah firing the people that prepare the country for this very calamity was a stroke of genius. LOL What an idiotic take. LOL

Having a good economy isn't something you strive for just for the sake of it. It has a major impact on everyone's lives and well being. A good economy keeps people employed, employment puts food on the table. It also helps us buy medicine and other life necessaties. It helps to prevent violent crime as well. So a poor economy can cause death too. Just because people care about it doesn't mean we don't care about those dying from coronavirus. We are just trying to figure out which course is best to lose as few lives as possible.

Yeah firing the people that prepare the country for this very calamity was a stroke of genius. LOL What an idiotic take. LOL

You act like a handful of people would have stopped this from happening.

Also, once again, they were not fired they left.

People leave the military, FBI, CIA, DOD, NSA, HHS, QRS, XYZ, LMNOP, etc all the time...nobody cares and life goes on...

If a handful of Marines go AWOL the entire military doesn't shit its pants nor does America get invaded or lose a war.

If the CDC can't do what is in their job description...they ain't worth the money that's being spent on them and I hope Trump starts to roll heads.

This shit didn't happen overnight, it's been around since last fall.

The second China reported some flu outbreaks as a result of some bad "bat soup" the CDC should have assumed things are worse than what China is saying and that the world, especially countries with close ties to China are about a month or two behind. Should have been all hands on deck and recommending all the shit Trump had decided to do himself.

They basically ran a worst case scenario. Noticably they left out Germany who has very very good results..

The other key factor is there is finally an admission here they know most everyone will get it. Despite what msm preaches to us, nothing done is to prevent us from getting it. Since we know they'll get it, this approach was a death sentence to the vulnerable.

The best chance we had at minimizing the deaths was to mandate the vulnerable quarantine, while the rest of go about our business and wash our hands. We'd all caught a cold in and three weeks it would be over and vulnerable people could emerge.

That was the only chance at avoiding exposure to the vulnerable. So every time someone says "think of the elderly" you'll know they're brainwashed parrots who don't understand every "flatten the curve" social media post they made was another nail in the coffin of an old person

Should we no longer be able to drive since people die in car wrecks every day? No longer have the right to free speech since people may get bullied? Institute a new prohibition on alcohol? Etc.

People die every day. We don’t shut the country down.

You act like a handful of people would have stopped this from happening.

Also, once again, they were not fired they left.

People leave the military, FBI, CIA, DOD, NSA, HHS, QRS, XYZ, LMNOP, etc all the time...nobody cares and life goes on...

If a handful of Marines go AWOL the entire military doesn't shit its pants nor does America get invaded or lose a war.

If the CDC can't do what is in their job description...they ain't worth the money that's being spent on them and I hope Trump starts to roll heads.

This shit didn't happen overnight, it's been around since last fall.

The second China reported some flu outbreaks as a result of some bad "bat soup" the CDC should have assumed things are worse than what China is saying and that the world, especially countries with close ties to China are about a month or two behind. Should have been all hands on deck and recommending all the shit Trump had decided to do himself.
Liberal idiots like Levi need a little controversy to find something wrong with Trump otherwise, they would have nothing.

We would have been no more prepared for this than Obama was when he was faced with a similar situation. How many died while he and his people tried to come up with answers? The press did not constantly work to degrade him.
You are a smart person,but you are so biased that no matter what Trump does, you will find fault with it. Unfortunate.

A whole lot of assumption and summation but little else. It is better than most junk on the subject.

Yep, quarantine the elderly that's the best way.[eyeroll] Forget the carriers.. Live and let live except the elderly....target this crisis and obliterate.

Answer these questions...

...At what point does the self-inflicted economic destruction currently taking place cause far more damage than this version of the flu virus would? How many businesses will be wiped out and shut down before people say enough is enough, regardless of where the virus percentage is? How many people will be out of work because of that? How many bankruptcies and foreclosures need to take place?

How many elderly people are suffering huge losses in their retirement accounts and will have a far lower standard of living and sense of security because of it? How much additional unnecessary government debt is going to be added that has to be paid back by future generations? How many suicides will result of all this? I have not heard a single word about the people “in charge” taking all these very real costs into consideration.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT