How will they rule ??!

• YES - Qualified

Votes: 41 82.0%
  • NO - Disqualified

Votes: 9 18.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

From the announcement:

Texas Attorney General Ken Paxton secured a stay from the U.S. Court of Appeals for the Fifth Circuit, enabling a key provision of Senate Bill 1, a Texas election integrity law, to remain in effect for the November 5, 2024, elections.

SB 1 increased safeguards to prevent ballot harvesting and instituted additional protections to strengthen election integrity. However, shortly before early voting was scheduled to start in Texas, a federal district court ruled that such provisions violate the First and Fourteenth Amendments. The judge also banned the Office of the Attorney General from opening investigations into potential violations.

Attorney General Paxton immediately appealed the ruling and obtained a temporary stay from the Fifth Circuit on October 4. He has now secured a full stay pending appeal from the Fifth Circuit, blocking the district judge’s injunction and permitting the Office of the Attorney General to conduct investigations into illegal vote harvesting.

I’m about 10 pages behind in this thread so forgive me if already posted but on the Amendment 2 issue:

1) 46 states currently have a charter school law on the books that allows for government dollars to go towards charter schools.

1a) In other words…Kentucky is only 1 of 4 states that currently doesn’t have a law on the books regarding charter schools (which is all Amendment 2 is)

2) 43 states currently already have charter schools in operation where government dollars go towards the charter schools

3) Zero states have had any schools, rural or otherwise, that have gone broke or been ruined by having a law that allows government dollars to go towards charter schools

So…as per usual…Kentucky is miles behind the rest of the country when it comes to education. This isn’t unprecedented law. It’s basically just another case of Kentucky catching up to the rest of the country.

Not sure why the pro-Amendment 2 ads don’t merely state the info above but sane people should…

Vote “yes” on Amendment 2

I’m about 10 pages behind in this thread so forgive me if already posted but on the Amendment 2 issue:

1) 46 states currently have a charter school law on the books that allows for government dollars to go towards charter schools.

1a) In other words…Kentucky is only 1 of 4 states that currently doesn’t have a law on the books regarding charter schools (which is all Amendment 2 is)

2) 43 states currently already have charter schools in operation where government dollars go towards the charter schools

3) Zero states have had any schools, rural or otherwise, that have gone broke or been ruined by having a law that allows government dollars to go towards charter schools

So…as per usual…Kentucky is miles behind the rest of the country when it comes to education. This isn’t unprecedented law. It’s basically just another case of Kentucky catching up to the rest of the country.

Not sure why the pro-Amendment 2 ads don’t merely state the info above but sane people should…

Because bureaucrats in Louisville and Lexington are screaming to the heavens that it’s bad.

Then I kid you not there are anti-A2 people that think the private schools indoctrinate students and tax dollars shouldn’t go towards that’s lmao

From the announcement:

Texas Attorney General Ken Paxton secured a stay from the U.S. Court of Appeals for the Fifth Circuit, enabling a key provision of Senate Bill 1, a Texas election integrity law, to remain in effect for the November 5, 2024, elections.

SB 1 increased safeguards to prevent ballot harvesting and instituted additional protections to strengthen election integrity. However, shortly before early voting was scheduled to start in Texas, a federal district court ruled that such provisions violate the First and Fourteenth Amendments. The judge also banned the Office of the Attorney General from opening investigations into potential violations.

Attorney General Paxton immediately appealed the ruling and obtained a temporary stay from the Fifth Circuit on October 4. He has now secured a full stay pending appeal from the Fifth Circuit, blocking the district judge’s injunction and permitting the Office of the Attorney General to conduct investigations into illegal vote harvesting.
If Trump wins and beats the fraud...Paxton would be a fantastic AG.

The Associated Press:

The comment section was great though:

GaBGNmlXsAAD8tF

This should be front page news and on every commercial run for the election. Biden/Harris f'd up the withdraw from Afghanistan, getting 13 heroes killed by a terrorist he'd released from prison. Then Biden/Harris vet this terrorist in the same way they vet Venezuelans...who is ushered into the interior of the US and plans to do a mass casualty terror event. Luckily the CIA somehow stumbled on to the guy or he got careless....before being able to stop him. Biden/Harris should be exposed for what they are. This guy is one of many. Remember this when you pull the lever.

Security sources said it was “their understanding” that Nasir Ahmad Tawhedi had received a special immigrant visa as a consequence of work carried out for US authorities in Afghanistan.

Tawhedi entered the US on Sept 9 2021, three weeks after the Biden administration’s botched emergency withdrawal from Kabul before it was overrun by the Taliban.

The Bush family came after him, in Texas, and Paxton came out on top

USAG works for me.
Paxton has proven amazing resilient. He made the right friends and allies. I have it on excellent authority he's a relentless, yet energetic taskmaster. Many at state AGs office despise him, but respect the hell out of him.

He's filed well over 75+ lawsuits against Biden Admin and won a few. He'd give hysterical Dems absolute hell in a federal capacity.

Lack of push confused me too. All i can guess is its politically damaging because much of the state is rural where the school board is the largest employer. If they feel their reps are attacking their jobs, they will turn in a hurry.

The teachers union here wields an incredible amount of political clout for exactly that reason.

So according to Dave Ramsey, 49% of Evangelicals plan to stay home and not vote. This is extremely disappointing.

The demo☭rats don't need your help bringing on a self-fulfilling apocalypse.

Get your ass out and vote for Trump and help us save the country. Please. Hold your nose if you must. This is our last chance folks.

It must be too big to rig!

So according to Dave Ramsey, 49% of Evangelicals plan to stay home and not vote. This is extremely disappointing.

The demo☭rats don't need your help bringing on a self-fulfilling apocalypse.

Get your ass out and vote for Trump and help us save the country. Please. Hold your nose if you must. This is our last chance folks.

It must be too big to rig!
I watch a show called FlashPoint. A faith/bible based show on current events and politics. They talk about this all the time.....how christians/evangelicals stay home rather than voting. Say (and when you look at the numbers it's true) that IF they did vote in a large percentage this and any election would be a landslide. But so many Christians don't want to get involved...think that politics is beneath the church...won't vote for someone who's not 'perfect'....and so on.

I think there was just that much dislike/hate for Hillary by a large enough group of people, that she couldn't win. Bernie was the media darling, but I'm saying just pick any random Dem from the House or Senate or Governor, who had more than 1 term in office, and that person would have done better than Hillary.
Well, actually I think you would have seen less votes for both candidates, less for the Dem because Hillary did have her extremist supporters some of whom may not have voted because it wasn't her; and Trump would have gotten less, losing the anti-Hillary votes.

Personally, I was so appalled by both of them, I voted for every other office, but either left the President blank or voted for the Libertarian. I admit, Trump wasn't as bad as I had feared. I don't care about tweets & what someone says, I care about what they do (or don't do).

All this analysis is interesting, I guess, but all I want to hear is that you're voting for Trump. It must be too big to rig.

I watch a show called FlashPoint. A faith/bible based show on current events and politics. They talk about this all the time.....how christians/evangelicals stay home rather than voting. Say (and when you look at the numbers it's true) that IF they did vote in a large percentage this and any election would be a landslide. But so many Christians don't want to get involved...think that politics is beneath the church...won't vote for someone who's not 'perfect'....and so on.

If this causes us to lose our Republic and drown in leftist shit then they're no better than demo☭rats, IMO.

That's what you call a stupid b**** right there.
I can't tell, but you know that was a Babylon Bee headline making fun of the idiot saying 'only a few apartment complexes' had been commandeered by Venezuelan cartel gangs, right? She didn't actually say that about 9/11. I think you know and know where the parody came from and were commenting on the actual statement she made.

It's sort of reminiscent of Hillary's 'at this point, what does it matter?' comment. So unashamedly stupid that it's difficult to respond quickly as most people's brains would just get caught in a loop of 'what? what did she just say? what?'.

Reactions: AustinTXCat
I can't tell, but you know that was a Babylon Bee headline making fun of the idiot saying 'only a few apartment complexes' had been commandeered by Venezuelan cartel gangs, right? She didn't actually say that about 9/11. I think you know and know where the parody came from and were commenting on the actual statement she made.

It's sort of reminiscent of Hillary's 'at this point, what does it matter?' comment. So unashamedly stupid that it's difficult to respond quickly as most people's brains would just get caught in a loop of 'what? what did she just say? what?'.

Most people go a lifetime without defending. Martha Raddatz.

My point was her implying that taking over just a few apartment buildings invalidated the rights claim that this had happened.

I guess now you can write your defense of Whoopi Goldberg.

You mean like Ted Cruz (you may be correct on Kari Lake)?
Cruz is the incumbent in a red state. These others are challengers that MM is trying to have pickup seats for Pubs. You have a problem with that? If Cruz can't win with his own resources & Trump pulling him, he's the problem.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT