ADVERTISEMENT

Stoops "Handcuffs" the OFFENSE

HoptownCat93

All-American
Gold Member
Dec 7, 2015
Ok so I'm not doing this as a more pro-Stoops guy, I'm not a football expert even though I make long posts and pretend to be lol.

But I do have some questions about Stoops hand-cuffing the offense and what people see....because I have skepticism that it's fully true....but I don't want to interject or argue. I genuinely want a reasonable "FOOTBALL" explanation. Because I do want the side of it that I can look at it. I'm not going to argue just to argue, I really do want to know what's the deal on it? Clock management is terrible, but

Because the last few years it's seems like we've gone too far into pro-style and passing mode when going old school "typical Stoops" was the better option. Like in 2022....it seemed like thing were better when we gave Chris more carries....or 2023 when the passing game was putting us being the sticks and we needed to give Ray Davis more touches. It does seem like he did try to change when he fired EG and brought in Liam Coen the first time....and it wasn't so bad in 2021 because Coen wanted to come back and be our OC in 2023. But that's just my opinion, I'm not an expert.

I just want to know the football part of what he's doing to hinder the offense....like what is it you all see the issue that's holding our teams back on offense that he may have too much of a hand in....

Discipline and clock management are terrible....but can poor OL recruiting and bad QB development over his time be the bigger issue rather than the play calling or system?

There are big issues right now...but I want to know the football part you guys are seeing. I won't argue or anything....I really just want to get a good view from some better football eyes. Please don't let this devolve into a bash Stoops fest, I just want the football argument.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT

Go Big.
Get Premium.

Join Rivals to access this premium section.

• Say your piece in exclusive fan communities.
  • Unlock Premium news from the largest network of experts.
  • Dominate with stats, athlete data, Rivals250 rankings, and more.