Votes: 9 18.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
craig morton
Peyton manning
And kurt warner

DAMNitALLTOHELL - forgot about earl morral

so - sorry AND thank you, Sgt K
Morral doesn't "technically count" because when Griese got back from his injury, he started in the SB, but in the spirit of things, I think we can agree he probably should.

I see people on social media complaining they cant do cleanup because the epa has to approve removal of debris from waterways.

Same thing happened in eky. The temporary funding on those contracts started running waiting on epa approval to haul debris out of creeks and lakes.

We're from the government and we're here to help.

Actually it is very possible and it does not requiring locking, whether outside or in. The latch itself can break with no way to retract it, locked or not.

Fact Check: Possible
I know. I was just messing based on the the original premise of locking himself INSIDE the room. I figured there had to be a malfunction in there somewhere.
But also. Almost every window screen ever made has been removable or operable in some capacity. More than likely a spring clip of some sort. So I’m still gonna razz him for cutting the screen. lol.

Even tho tomorrow is oct 7 and an anniversary of the worst attack on jews since the holocaust

What's the over/under democrats and the press say we must condemn Islamophobia tomorrow bc they gotta pander for those votes
What's the over/under we see some type of violence in the US on October 7th that is started by the Pro-Palestine/Anti-Israel crowd?

OK, the Dodgers are headed into the bottom of the 9th only down 10-1. Thank goodness the run rule doesn't apply in the MLB!

Oh, Joe Biden only had a quart of ice cream today. Sorry if I got my numbers wrong earlier.

• Haha
Reactions: HymanKaplan
Back when I played PeeWee football at Southland Park, we used to have "halftime games" It's self-evident what they were. All of the crappy players, like me, got to play a scrimmage game while the starters (CatiIL, for instance) rested/got chewed out by the coach.

I started at QB for two "halftime" games. I went 2 for 8 (my receivers sucked) and ran a naked reverse in for a TD. Then my coach, Greg Taylor got the bright idea to put me in second half at MIDDLE LINEBACKER. Where I had NO BUSINESS BEING!!!! Allen Douglas ran a FB dive, trucked me, and all I could do was grab his facemask which resulted in fracturing my hand. As Allen was crossing the goal line, I looked down, and my left pinky and ring fingers were pointed straight down, and were actually touching the ulnar side of my wrist. My Dad threw up when I ran to the sideline and he saw it. LOL

I know. I was just messing based on the the original premise of locking himself INSIDE the room. I figured there had to be a malfunction in there somewhere.
But also. Almost every window screen ever made has been removable or operable in some capacity. More than likely a spring clip of some sort. So I’m still gonna razz him for cutting the screen. lol.

I expected to see the little aluminium latches you know?

They were seamless - like alien technology abruptly presenting itself outside Roswell - or a new car that you're unaccustomed to - or whatever

And I am trying to downplay a reputation for being "accident prone" - i was afraid I would break something

Which I actually DID anyway but - by then i had to - I actually have pics of the screen configuration on my phone not sure how to post them here

BUT I BET - yall would see why it was confusing

Reactions: trueblujr2
I ALWAYS lose track of baseball and forget this time of year is the title run
LOVE watching baseball pitchers - pitching is always fun to watch
The rest isn't interesting and the sport scared me as a kid and the coordination required to HIT a ball - maybe the hardest feat in sports?

About politics though - it seems like any political discourse or proposed policy - from elected officials down to armchair bureaucrats - should always be somehow couched in the context of where we are historically - right?

Some basic mutual understanding the US assumed a radically different posture and philosophy and opa tempo after 9/11 - AND the post WW2 dollar dominance globally - isn't a permanent fixture of the geopolitical landscape

Because it seems like there are no voices of restraint - and there's almost an assumption we can and should continue functioning more like an empire - and one that uses coercion and military force in situations that often serve other nations or corporate/banking interests vs genuine threats to our citizens or states

We have generated a LOT of resentment and done some pretty haphazard things since 9/11

I think acknowledging that plus the systematic migration of nations fm the dollar and the obvious needs for attention in our backyard - should be the jumping off point for a healthy discussion about how we make foreign policy decisions -

Are you SURE we need to deploy to nation-x at this time?
It really HAS to be us?
New congressional budget and NDAA's - are we REALLY maintaining the configuration of military resources where we left them after WW2?

Do we REAAAALLY want to allow the insane flow of unchecked foreign masses into a country without any logical evaluation of economic or epidemiological impacts?

Just feels like we have no national dialogue on some things that REALLY matter & may soon become critical -

It would be a wonderful if the sane people all acknowledged that we have differences BUT we need to STOP electing ANYONE fm the professional political classes

Start radically voting - even drafting - each other
It wouldn't be overnight- but that would be a political exodus worth taking together

I WILL edit this down later -
Will be up late 💪🤓
Funny story. Sort of. My Son who is 25 now, took up golf while a senior in HS. He is now out of college and working at a golf store. He’s starting to play in some local tournaments now as well. He’s gotten pretty good at the game. He also played what amounted to about 15 seasons of baseball growing up between, rec ball, fall ball, school team ball, etc. he gave it up when he got to high school.

He told me they had a rep in the store doing swing analysis. This guy had done analyses for some high profile guys. He told my son he had as strong of a swing as Ken Griffey Jr. (he can hit the ball OUT of Top Golf), So I asked him “why the hell couldn’t you swing a bat like Ken Griffey Jr.?” He just laughed at me and said “because for about 14 of those 15 seasons, I was afraid of the ball.”

That Colts team Earl won with was after Shula, Marchibroda and Chuck Noll departed - and Ed McCafferty gor the SB win?

Over Dallas?

Suddenly Im sure of NOTHING, Airman
You're spot on. Shula had left, and the Colts beat the Cowboys. Morral STARTED the game IIRC, but either got injured or sucked, and Unitas came off the bench. That is all before even MY time, for the most part.

Back when I played PeeWee football at Southland Park, we used to have "halftime games" It's self-evident what they were. All of the crappy players, like me, got to play a scrimmage game while the starters (CatiIL, for instance) rested/got chewed out by the coach.

I started at QB for two "halftime" games. I went 2 for 8 (my receivers sucked) and ran a naked reverse in for a TD. Then my coach, Greg Taylor got the bright idea to put me in second half at MIDDLE LINEBACKER. Where I had NO BUSINESS BEING!!!! Allen Douglas ran a FB dive, trucked me, and all I could do was grab his facemask which resulted in fracturing my hand. As Allen was crossing the goal line, I looked down, and my left pinky and ring fingers were pointed straight down, and were actually touching the ulnar side of my wrist. My Dad threw up when I ran to the sideline and he saw it. LOL
The good old days at Southland Park.

FYI to all you folks reading the @HymanKaplan stories, only believe part of it. He was better than he leads on.

• Haha
Thats a lot of - inner journeys, mamba

Bet it would eliminate fights though -

There's NO WAY the batter is making it all the way to that mound without getting distracted by seagulls/melted fan faces/insanely bright grass and confused giggling

this LSD discussion reminds me that baseball has an unreasonably long season - HOW does anyone stay focused on that mess?
Just watch Banana Ball, it’s about as close as you’ll get, lol.

Reactions: paulcalhoun
Ahhh, the Dodgers just lost...that's too bad.

🤣 🤣 🤣 🤣 🤣

Sorry to all the Political Only posters for tossing in a little baseball chatting tonight...well, not really.
@TheFrontRunner and I used to have some Reds/Cardinals (not so) friendly banter a while back, but his Cards have sucked almost as much as Cincy the last couple of years so he’s scaled back his rhetoric.

@*CatinIL*

You are the alien expert. Who are the aliens with the toilet seat looking ship in Canada?

Should we worry about them?

iu

Look at the image in your post and from the movie Prometheus...Nutty Hollywood is close on their heels...

👽👽👽👽👽👽👽👽

• Wow
@TheFrontRunner and I used to have some Reds/Cardinals (not so) friendly banter a while back, but his Cards have sucked almost as much as Cincy the last couple of years so he’s scaled back his rhetoric.
Unfortunately my StL Redbirds have been pooping in the cage TOO much lately.

I miss being able to go to a Cardinals game whenever I wanted...especially the weekday afternoon games. The joy of skipping out of work and heading down to the stadium. Fun times.

Unfortunately my StL Redbirds have been pooping in the cage TOO much lately.

I miss being able to go to a Cardinals game whenever I wanted...especially the weekday afternoon games. The joy of skipping out of work and heading down to the stadium. Fun times.
I'm surprised they're bringing Mo and Marmol back. I really want Yadi to manage them, but I'm starting to think that won't happen.

Reactions: *CatinIL*
Oh - TBlu - good stuff and having that little baseball flying at your face/head - especially if you have poor vision - taking a couple of shots on the head corrected me from that sport, man

and I've been told the batting mechanics and motions resemble golf swings -

But anticipating what pitch is coming and timing the swing seriously has to be the most difficult sport related skill. -

I'm surprised they're bringing Mo and Marmol back. I really want Yadi to manage them, but I'm starting to think that won't happen.
Yadi would be the perfect solution IMO. Maybe they don't think he's ready yet? But the guy lived and breathed StL baseball and was the DUDE for a lot of years. I would think that Yadi will take the reigns at some point.

sweet baby jane - Hyman - the image of you playing quarterback at any level- in any capacity --- that just makes me smile, sir

And running a naked bootleg 🥉😂

you had to have been - huskier? Than the other QBs?

I feel like Hort Elvison suddenly - IM SO HAPPY RIGHT NOW!!

CatinIl - other than Jeff Parrott, who was the best baseball player in our neighborhood (around our age) You? Ben Hulette?
Let me think. Ben played Connie Mack baseball. I played against Ben when I played for South Lexington and Man-O-War. My brother Scott was pretty dang good. The Taylor boys, Danny and Greg were pretty solid.

Oh - TBlu - good stuff and having that little baseball flying at your face/head - especially if you have poor vision - taking a couple of shots on the head corrected me from that sport, man

and I've been told the batting mechanics and motions resemble golf swings -

But anticipating what pitch is coming and timing the swing seriously has to be the most difficult sport related skill. -
the hardest part about the golf swing is learning how to not swing "hard", if that makes any sense. Ball striking and tempo. Of course, I'm a 12 handicap so... LOL

Let me think. Ben played Connie Mack baseball. I played against Ben when I played for Man-O-War. My brother Scott was pretty dang good. The Taylor boys, Danny and Greg were pretty solid.

David Vest was pretty good. If you needed somebody to come out of the dugout in a fight. LOL

Steve Baker and I were playing long toss in the street in front of his house one time, and Jeff Parrott walked over. We were just talking and he told me take a few "tosses" from him. After three or four I said **** this. I didn't even have a mitt. that was terrifying. This was when he'd graduated from UK and had played a season in Cape Cod.

• Haha
@HymanKaplan Jeff Parrot was the cream of the crop. I get to brag that I got a base hit off a Major League pitcher! 🤣 🤣 🤣 Jeff was a good guy. The last time I saw Jeff was at my dad's funeral.

Danny Whelan lived just outside of the hood. We grew up playing baseball together and he pitched for UK. He was drafted by the Reds I think right out of high school but chose college instead. College saved him from spending years playing in the minors with a dream of the majors. He and I talked about that years ago.

sweet baby jane - Hyman - the image of you playing quarterback at any level- in any capacity --- that just makes me smile, sir

And running a naked bootleg 🥉😂

you had to have been - huskier? Than the other QBs?

I feel like Hort Elvison suddenly - IM SO HAPPY RIGHT NOW!!
No, I was a runt, and terrible. That's why I played in the scrub game. That's why I switched to skateboarding in pools etc. I just wasn't big enough after about 4th grade to play competitive sports like that.

@HymanKaplan but Jeff Parrot was the cream of the crop. I get to brag that I got a base hit off a Major League pitcher! 🤣 🤣 🤣 Jeff was a good guy. The last time I saw Jeff was at my dad's funeral.

Danny Whelan lived just outside of the hood. We grew up playing baseball together and he pitched for UK. He was drafted by the Reds I think right out of high school but chose college instead. College saved him from spending years playing in the minors with a dream of the majors. He and I talked about that years ago.
I forgot about Danny Whelan, and you're right. Jeff was about as nice as they come. You were at Catholic, but Jeff picked up a decent amount of minutes off the bench, on that 1979 Lafayette Basketball Team, with Dirk, Tony Wilson, Junior Johnson etc.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT