• YES - Qualified

Votes: 41 82.0%
  • NO - Disqualified

Votes: 9 18.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Not political but I got a good laugh out of it

GZJ-hFwWsAApsWk

I'm not religious, but find it weird the following around kjv. Man would have written any version meaning its all flawed, thus believing that God has somehow preserved His word in an exacting manner that is 100% infallible in one particular version or another would be wrong. They ppl choose a version, claim that the version they have chosen is God’s only infallible word, and condemn all others as being of the devil. This leads to a cult-like mentality and very poor theology imo. Which i think you admitted yourself...youre under the impression the scripture must be ruthless or something as opposed to anything being "sugary sweet"...says who?

Let's just look at Genesis 1:1 for a right off the bat example.
"A land wherein thou shalt eat bread without scarceness, thou shalt not lack any thing in it; a land whose stones are iron, and out of whose hills thou mayest dig brass."

I'm sorry, how does one dig brass in hills it doesn't exist?

There's just a complete lack of care in the translation , not to mention how complex translation is, you're talking about translating words that dont perfectly match and may have a completely different meaning based on the area or context they are used. It's as simple as me saying "wow that's really cool" and translating it to another language thinking im saying "im surprised the temperature is low"

Here's another:
Deuteronomy 33:17

Lol it literally says unicorns, which of course don't exist. But even if the old English word speaks of a rhino or something else with one horn, the Hebrew word is singular – “unicorn.” And so, no matter what, the translation is wrong because a unicorn has only one horn.

These are of course innocent translation errors, but its caused tons of contradictions and improper story application throughout. I'm pretty sure anyone in scholarship says you SHOULD pull from various translations and not a single source. Not to mention the kjv of today isn't even the 1611 version.

Anyway, I know how this goes...not an attack on your faith. Carry on.

Don’t consider it an attack at all, as stated above I’m not I KJV only guy. You’re entitled to your opinion of it. None of the ancient languages translate perfect to English. But I honestly don’t think brass and unicorns (simple explanation for both btw) are tripping people up from a salvation or a sanctification standpoint unless they want to be tripped up.

The following is just one example of why I prefer the KJV over other more modern translations.

“In whom we have redemption through his blood, even the forgiveness of sins,” (Colossians 1:14, KJV).

“in whom we have redemption, the forgiveness of sins,” (Colossians 1:14, NIV).

if we’re just pulling a verse, obviously the omission here leaves out the importance of Christs shedding of blood necessary for atonement. This is a singular example but there are others.

Reactions: Girthang
That Kamala Lebanon tweet might be the most tone deaf and disconnected tweet I have seen. For a group who has a ton of handlers and runners, it shows how disconnected they are from actual people to write that.

Has there been a more tone deaf admin than this one?

Don’t consider it an attack at all, as stated above I’m not I KJV only guy. You’re entitled to your opinion of it. None of the ancient languages translate perfect to English. But I honestly don’t think brass and unicorns (simple explanation for both btw) are tripping people up from a salvation or a sanctification standpoint unless they want to be tripped up.

The following is just one example of why I prefer the KJV over other more modern translations.

“In whom we have redemption through his blood, even the forgiveness of sins,” (Colossians 1:14, KJV).

“in whom we have redemption, the forgiveness of sins,” (Colossians 1:14, NIV).

if we’re just pulling a verse, obviously the omission here leaves out the importance of Christs shedding of blood necessary for atonement. This is a singular example but there are others.

"KJV has its flaws, but not nearly as many as the NIV, NJB, or LB. If you want to know which version is the most accurate for each topic, read the information about who sponsored each translation and think about their possible motives for mistranslating or omitting parts.

For example- the NIV has a heavily Rabbinical input. You would expect the role of "the blood of Jesus" to be minimized. What's also interesting is that that version tends to emphasize human works over God's and His son's mercy and deliverance. It also uses the Septuagint's changes to the post-flood instructions. A lot of bias in that one.

KJV- There are errors you would expect from a Christian authority wanting to establish itself as legitimate among adherents to Catholicism and their symbology. 1 John 5:7-8 adds what is not there in the Greek manuscripts until after about 1k years. Acts 12:4 suddenly uses the word Easter where every previous translation (17 of 18) of the same Greek word is Passover. Again, makes sense from a traditional, Christian viewpoint, but is clearly an error of bias.

There are plenty of errors in the other translations I've read and studied, but these were easiest to recall offhand. The point is not throwing the baby out with the bathwater. There is enough available to believers to find the correct translations and what has been added well after the fact, such that it doesn't mean we should discard the KJV. Just learn what is bias and what isn't. Learn was is poorly translated for a purpose, and what is an actual mistake in understanding. If the truth really matters to you, then you'll do this anyway."

From a friend who studied this stuff more than I do.

It's hard to get a good read on the polls at this point because they are all over the place (and based on the 2020 polling errors they are not to be trusted anyway) but I feel like the immigration and hurricane response issues are creating some late momentum for the Trump campaign.

Fake News.
Not one GD dime should go toward supporting foreign invaders. Not one.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT