How will they rule ??!

• YES - Qualified

Votes: 41 82.0%
  • NO - Disqualified

Votes: 9 18.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

How many immigrants have arrived in Springfield​

A section on the City of Springfield’s website gave some context to social media users’ claims that 20,000 Haitian immigrants had overtaken the area. The city government referenced multiple datasets to estimate its immigrant population sits somewhat lower, but called it “impossible” to give an exact number.

“Based on data provided from numerous sources, such as Ohio Bureau of Motor Vehicles, Springfield City Schools, area healthcare providers and social services agencies, the total immigrant population is estimated to be approximately 12,000 – 15,000 in Clark County,” the city’s website read.

The Springfield mayor gave a conflicting number in an appearance on “Fox & Friends,” saying the city’s public services were overwhelmed by 14,000 to 20,000 migrants the city brought in. Prior to the immigration situation, the 2020 census put Springfield’s population at 58,662.

Between the mayor and city’s accounts, the possible thousands have a perceivable effect in certain places in Springfield. The New York Times reported that around 350 new students, mainly from migrant families, enrolled in local elementary and middle schools. With a language barrier in play, Springfield City Schools said they had to hire six Creole translators to assist, bumping district expenses for the services to $436,000, compared with $43,000 four years prior.

• Angry
Reactions: mdlUK.1 and blubo
GXN6rbmbgAQ6lYD
DeWine, who I don't like (RINO), is probably concerned about Springfield. He lives (when not in office/Gov mansion in Columbus) in Cedarville....which is only about 20-30 minutes from Springfield.

Reactions: exemjr and blubo
Those are cases that deserve some sort of expedited status and should be easier.
The Japanese govt recruited my daughter and gave her a full ride scholly (she double majored at UK in Econ and Japanese language). They're actively recruiting kids under the age of 30... while our dumbazz fed govt is keeping them out (her husband is also a smart dude: currently working in hosp admin).

How many immigrants have arrived in Springfield​

A section on the City of Springfield’s website gave some context to social media users’ claims that 20,000 Haitian immigrants had overtaken the area. The city government referenced multiple datasets to estimate its immigrant population sits somewhat lower, but called it “impossible” to give an exact number.

“Based on data provided from numerous sources, such as Ohio Bureau of Motor Vehicles, Springfield City Schools, area healthcare providers and social services agencies, the total immigrant population is estimated to be approximately 12,000 – 15,000 in Clark County,” the city’s website read.

The Springfield mayor gave a conflicting number in an appearance on “Fox & Friends,” saying the city’s public services were overwhelmed by 14,000 to 20,000 migrants the city brought in. Prior to the immigration situation, the 2020 census put Springfield’s population at 58,662.

Between the mayor and city’s accounts, the possible thousands have a perceivable effect in certain places in Springfield. The New York Times reported that around 350 new students, mainly from migrant families, enrolled in local elementary and middle schools. With a language barrier in play, Springfield City Schools said they had to hire six Creole translators to assist, bumping district expenses for the services to $436,000, compared with $43,000 four years prior.

I'm telling you guys here, this is exactly what happened in Rotterdam NY when we allowed a fraction of this amount into a township that has 30k residents. They had to adjust all the area elementary/junior/high-schools. Special language teachers and classes created, aids needed. The motel had round the clock security detail. We needed to secure transporting. Not just for the schools but for adults. Not to mention this displaced several dozen low-income families and individuals living in this motel.

This isn't a story I read.. this is first hand knowledge, I live one township over (Guilderland NY), and many of us have to pass this place to get to the highways around the capital district.

Now the people "seemed" fine. A lot more foot traffic around here, a few police incidents, nothing wild. But it still is a burden for the town. How many different government jobs were assigned to this entire event? It's tax payer money. None of this is free.

I do think there is a need to keep it separate. For example, the Haitians that everyone is so up in arms about are here legally because the government granted temporary protected status to Haitians as a result of the violence in the country. So that is just basic anti-immigrant fervor, of the type we saw in the early 20th century towards Jews, Catholics, etc.
So you're saying that the Biden-HARRIS administration PURPOSEFULLY flooded this poor town with Haitians that will destroy the infrastructure, job market, etc?

Reactions: screwduke1
Are they truly legal, or are they "AS"? I don't think you're going to find any conservative here view "Asylum Seekers" as legal, and you know that.

But it's fine because I can guarantee that you, yourself, wouldn't allow someone to claim to be an "Asylum Seeker" on your own property, so then in turn we all agree on this point together (just, half the nation doesn't seem to know it lol).
There has not been one liberal who has agreed to let them stay at their homes/apartment/dwelling in any video where they were ask. There is always an excuse as to why they can't. However, they are good with letting them come and take over other people's areas. Dims always scream compassion and tolerance all the while never doing it themselves.

There has not been one liberal who has agreed to let them stay at their homes/apartment/dwelling in any video where they were ask. There is always an excuse as to why they can't. However, they are good with letting them come and take over other people's areas. Dims always scream compassion and tolerance all the while never doing it themselves.

And I see I got no follow up from them, either. They're just going by the law that this (for now) is legal, and is therefore "perfectly fine".. They want to scream Asylum Seekers are perfectly legal, but under no circumstance is the process of "Asylum Seeking" normal.

It's probably my biggest hangup with the left, the limousine liberal. I give a lot of credit to the liberal who practices what they preach, because I have respect for people who stick to their convictions, even if I don't believe in them. But sadly, those almost don't exist.

Lox hates New Yorkers now. They all sound just as he described. I wonder, does he think "Seinfeld" just embodied that or did they help create it?
My wife is a New York girl born in the Bronx living there for about 5 years or so then moved to Long Island until 19 when she moved to Oklahoma to help her mother (originally from OK) to raise her younger brother. She had that New Yorker accent and attitude when I met her 4 years after she came to Oklahoma.

Last edited:
I think it's hilarious that because someone shows up and yells "Asylum!" that it just means they aren't illegal, and rather, should just be allowed in.

In no other private place, be it a government building, or your own home, is someone allowed to just open the front door, say the magic word "Asylum" and you're now just forced to make them a bed and feed them dinner.

There's a LOT of debate on whether Asylum Seekers are illegal or legal.. in MY definition, they are illegal, and no one has signed off on them being here. Go through the proper channels.
I heard today the Dem plan is working though. Said Biden sped up getting over 3 million immigrants citizenship and the right to vote in the last few years. Eight years of Kamala making excuses for the open border and 70% of the newbies voting Democrat will about do it. Eying all the swing states.

t's probably my biggest hangup with the left, the limousine liberal.
Flashback....love the sign LOL

Update: Massachusetts Gov Deploys National Guard Over 50 Immigrants on Martha’s Vineyard​

image-19.png.webp

20k is a made-up number from rightwing media.
Looks like it's 15k since 2020. That's a pretty big influx in a city of 60k. 😬Again, I'm not opposed to immigration at all, but it should be better implemented and coordinated between the state/federal government.
The left needs to slow its roll and recognize the financial strain it imposes on local governments while the right needs to STFU with their BS lies and become part of the solution instead of the problem.

I’m convinced there is a significant portion of the population who wants to be conquered or enslaved. Probably a high overlap with people who love English royalty.
Yes, I agree. Freedom takes too much responsibility and a good portion of society just doesn't want that, even though they won't admit it. I suppose that's why we had monarchs to begin with.

Looks like it's 15k since 2020. That's a pretty big influx in a city of 60k. 😬Again, I'm not opposed to immigration at all, but it should be better implemented and coordinated between the state/federal government.
The left needs to slow its roll and recognize the financial strain it imposes on local governments while the right needs to STFU with their BS lies and become part of the solution instead of the problem.

Solution

This is what separates liberals from conservatives. The liberal believes in a solution.

The conservative realizes there is no solution. There are trade-offs. That for every action there is an equal and opposite reaction. Liberals believe that their great minds can come up with panaceas to fix every problem. The solution is there though if we just leave those people in their countries where they belong.

This is paraphrasing Thomas Sowell. He nailed that one.

Twitter fact checked this before the editors at the new yorker... and @Dore95 can't understand why ppl don't accept what the media says

Read this chicks twitter. Almost all of them TDS inspired rants. This person is supposed to be a journalist. Married to a NYT writer. This is what’s wrong with our media.

Last edited:

There is no solution genius. Unless we go back to Trump policies.

This is true of all Trump's "lies," fact checked true the next day at the bottom of the ledger. Or in the case of the fine people hoax, A FULL FOUR YEARS LATER AFTER IF IT WAS THE CENTRAL THEME IN THE DEMOCRATS' PLATFORM< THE ENTIRE IMPETUS OF THEIR CANDIDATES DECISION TO RUN > CLOSE YOUR EYES AND THINK OF THE TIKI TORCHES!

I have no respect for such people, such antics: zero, zip, zilch, nada.

And I see I got no follow up from them, either. They're just going by the law that this (for now) is legal, and is therefore "perfectly fine".. They want to scream Asylum Seekers are perfectly legal, but under no circumstance is the process of "Asylum Seeking" normal.

It's probably my biggest hangup with the left, the limousine liberal. I give a lot of credit to the liberal who practices what they preach, because I have respect for people who stick to their convictions, even if I don't believe in them. But sadly, those almost don't exist.
I have not seen one yet who practices it.

This is true of all Trump's "lies," fact checked true the next day at the bottom of the ledger. Or in the case of the fine people hoax, A FULL FOUR YEARS LATER AFTER IF IT WAS THE CENTRAL THEME IN THE DEMOCRATS' PLATFORM< THE ENTIRE IMPETUS OF THEIR CANDIDATES DECISION TO RUN > CLOSE YOUR EYES AND THINK OF THE TIKI TORCHES!

I have no respect for such people, such antics: zero, zip, zilch, nada.

Agree. How was last night not election interference by the moderators? It never stops.

Kamala did what she was supposed to do, and that was “perform” without any major verbal mistakes. She was however, NOT persuasive, and evaded and did not questions. Trump missed a golden opportunity to attack her on covering up Biden’s decline and mental acuity.

Muir is a little beta Democrat plant within
state-run media, also friends with Harris. Can guarandamn-tee you independents and undecideds were not happy on the 3 vs 1 format. All in all, will have very little impact on the polls or the betting markets.

How in God’s name could you be undecided at this point? Do you live under a GD rock? LOL

There is no solution genius. Unless we go back to Trump policies.
Trump's policies were a useless pile of sh**. For the millionth time.... EOs ARE NOT PERMANENT LAW.
EOs do NOTHING to stop ASYLUM claims.
EOs are no better than toilet paper the second that President leaves office.
We need codified laws passed by Congress that address ASYLUM and the border that are PERMANENT law.

Solution

This is what separates liberals from conservatives. The liberal believes in a solution.

The conservative realizes there is no solution. There are trade-offs. That for every action there is an equal and opposite reaction. Liberals believe that their great minds can come up with panaceas to fix every problem. The solution is there though if we just leave those people in their countries where they belong.

This is paraphrasing Thomas Sowell. He nailed that one.
ASYLUM Law can be fixed.
More border agents can be hired.
More immigration judges can be hired.
More wall can be built in effective places.
More drones can be used.
Better placement of immigrants can be done and better job matching.
Just like guns in schools.... You all would rather bitch like an old lady than do anything about a problem.

Can anybody make an argument why this country needs millions of low skilled people when our manufacturing base is shrinking and most occupations are become more automated? This isn’t 1900.

Freeze and suspend all immigration except for high skilled people. There’s no logical argument to continue it.

Reactions: SDC888
They aren't illegal you idiot. How would tens of thousands of illegal Haitians end up in Springfield, OH?
Same way as 10’s of thousands end up in NYC? Illegal or not. The citizens of that city did not vote to have their city essentially be overtaken by them. They increased the population by more than 30%. Small towns don’t have the resources to absorb that.

Reactions: SDC888
Can anybody make an argument why this country needs millions of low skilled people when our manufacturing base is shrinking and most occupations are become more automated? This isn’t 1900.

Freeze and suspend all immigration except for high skilled people. There’s no logical argument to continue it.

Dion will tell you, literally, "we have plenty of space!"

The fundamental problem with the left today is the complete absences of higher order critical thinking. Once they've deemed something desirable, no amount of reasoning or evidence can dissuade them.

Actually there is. We need more immigration, not less.

Immigrants have to assimilate, fully accept our values and culture. These people won't, atleast not anytime soon, which is why the left is so eager to have them: exploit them in the name of "democracy."

ASYLUM Law can be fixed.
More border agents can be hired.
More immigration judges can be hired.
More wall can be built in effective places.
More drones can be used.
Better placement of immigrants can be done and better job matching.
Just like guns in schools.... You all would rather bitch like an old lady than do anything about a problem.
You create a problem where there is none then come up with a solution. That's just brilliant.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT