POLITICAL THREAD

How will they rule ??!

• YES - Qualified

Votes: 41 82.0%
  • NO - Disqualified

Votes: 9 18.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Probably, but what if Dems take both houses in the inevitable midterm backlash to Trump and pass protections? The difference between a D pres to sign or Trump to veto is massive. Abortion is a top issue in American politics and will be for the foreseeable future. There’s no arguing with that.

I don’t even know what you’re saying now. If the Ds take congress in response to Trump, having Trump will be massive as opposed to a D? Well yeah, but in your hypo the Ds only take congress because of trump. The counter would be republicans taking congress if kamabla wins.

In either of those cases, it stays with the states.

If Trump wins, I think the issue goes away. Rs will be on notice not to make it a federal issue. I think the multi-partisan anti establishment coalition will do real damage to the uniparty establishment, and manufactured issues like federal control of abortion will take a back seat.

Reactions: screwduke1

Love this statement.

Weed smokers have come to think Weed is no different than smoking cigs. The amount of cars that drive by smoking weed is alarming, ESPECIALLY in cities.

You should never get arrested for buying and smoking MJ.. BUT, you can't just do this stuff everywhere. If I can't crack a beer at the farmers market, then you can't smoke a blunt either.

Love this statement.

Weed smokers have come to think Weed is no different than smoking cigs. The amount of cars that drive by smoking weed is alarming, ESPECIALLY in cities.

You should never get arrested for buying and smoking MJ.. BUT, you can't just do this stuff everywhere. If I can't crack a beer at the farmers market, then you can't smoke a blunt either.
Wearing masks during a worldwide pandemic = government overreach, tyranny! Smoking weed = no way! we must ban!!! So silly.

Dems doing everything they can to try to make abortion a focus point for the election. Never mind all of the other massive and pressing challenges facing our country.
I agree with your last sentence. With that being said, just look thru this thread or any other political thread for that matter, and see the amount of time people will spend arguing about abortion, trans people, etc. it is a hot topic in American politics even if there are more pressing matters

Reactions: Cowtown Cat
I agree with your last sentence. With that being said, just look thru this thread or any other political thread for that matter, and see the amount of time people will spend arguing about abortion, trans people, etc. it is a hot topic in American politics even if there are more pressing matters
Because Dems have nothing else to run on. Identity politics and Donald Trump is literally all they have. Their policy is absolute garbage!

Reactions: TheFrontRunner
True… but I would submit it is predominantly those on the left doing whatever they can to instigate such arguing as they try to keep the topic front and center. It is vital to their hopes to drive turnout for the election.

• Love
True… but I would submit it is predominantly those on the left doing whatever they can to instigate such arguing as they try to keep the topic front and center. It is vital to their hopes to drive turnout for the election.
Yes but isn’t that politics? Finding issues that your constituents are passionate about in hopes of getting voter turnout. Pubs have been using abortion for years to get their more conservative voters out

Yes but isn’t that politics? Finding issues that your constituents are passionate about in hopes of getting voter turnout. Pubs have been using abortion for years to get their more conservative voters out
Yep. Those on the right have to be more disciplined and not allow themselves to get drawn in to the quagmire. Must focus strictly on the most important issues at hand.

• Love
Yep. Those on the right have to be more disciplined and not allow themselves to get drawn in to the quagmire. Must focus strictly on the most important issues at hand.
Don’t disagree but who are we to say what the most important issues are? Abortion is an issue I have an opinion about, but I can think of five others that I feel are more important. I don’t like that some (on both sides) focus more on identity politics but I guess I have accepted it

lol “it was a setup”. He even said it might’ve been the families fault. Yeah just throw them under the bus too. What an asshole.
You have sunk to a new low. Your candidate killed these kids and now you want to punish Trump for actually showing the parents some compassion and attention. I hope you reap what you sow some day.

@screwduke1

Finally game time:

c1e18bff06f52d668b64c298ee0a3c9a.gif

Not if you think I ever respected Nate Silver .. He's been wrong forever in political polling. Check with Rich Baris .. educate yourself.

I get your point that Dems are unhappy with his new reports but don't lop me in with them
100% on this. Baris has been outing Silver left and right. He isn't doing math or science polling. He's just doing betting polling like odds. He passes it off as polling when he's really just handicapping a race.

I love seeing us run the QB...but Brock is gonna get himself killed not going down or sliding on some of those runs. Love overall how the offense looks though besides that fluke INT. Really like the tempo and trying to make sure Brown gets a lot of touches

Reactions: TheFrontRunner
Reagan was a solid conservative. Trump no so much. Reagan never much bragged on himself or criticized opponents endlessly. Trump? I'll let you decide.
They both got shot and were both hated by dems. Why do you help dems so much on the Trump hate? I bet you'd have hated Reagan if you were older back then.

Don’t disagree but who are we to say what the most important issues are? Abortion is an issue I have an opinion about, but I can think of five others that I feel are more important. I don’t like that some (on both sides) focus more on identity politics but I guess I have accepted it
Different people have different priorities. Your top five won’t be my top five or that many others. This thread is over 90% male. Probably going to have abortion as a much lower priority than the general public.

So
1. NPR
2. Because federal law prohibits Army employees from being involved with any political campaign, the staff at the cemetery did not deal directly with the Trump campaign about his visit there.
3. "was abruptly pushed aside," but chose not to press charges.
4. Nothing actually done by Trump himself.

Man if I had the time, which even if I was on a deserted Island all by myself with internet access I still would choose to do something else, I would go back a month and look at all the links you posted claiming that Biden was sharp as a tack.

I will continue to post TDS after your TDS posts.
Like I said, just trying to help.
Disrespectful asshats

A threat. They fear him because he does not appease them. He makes them pay their share instead of letting them steal from our treasury. I say now and then... eff Europe and their Beta lumpwristed social states. We should stop carrying their lazy asses.
Madam President coming your way

Lol at the idiot lefty who suddenly gives a hot sht about fallen military! Hahahahaha how conveeeeeeenient! Didn’t give a rat’s ass when Bidumb hung them out to dry but now it suddenly matters 😂
I've always supported the military. Had a family member almost lose his life in Afghanistan buddy.
Trump's disrespect at Arlington pisses me off more than I can say. And the family giving thumbs up over graves and defending his BS can KMA. The US ARMY has spoken idiots.

It’d already be legal if Republicans didn’t filibuster. And weed is weed. Not alcohol.

Ok. Well it is illegal.

Seems like “legalize weed, but restrict it’s use in public, exactly like alcohol,” is a pretty reasonable position.

But once again, the proverbial childless cat lady, Dion, thinks drug use needs to be allowed in all public places, regardless of the impact on society.

Ok. Well it is illegal.

Seems like “legalize weed, but restrict it’s use in public, exactly like alcohol,” is a pretty reasonable position.

But once again, the proverbial childless cat lady, Dion, thinks drug use needs to be allowed in all public places, regardless of the impact on society.
There is a legal limit for driving and other responsibilities while under the influence. We sell alcoholic drinks in public establishments. Weed is far less inebriating than alcohol. I’m not saying someone should be smashed while driving, but a responsible amount of public use is perfectly acceptable.

There is a legal limit for driving and other responsibilities while under the influence. We sell alcoholic drinks in public establishments. Weed is far less inebriating than alcohol. I’m not saying someone should be smashed while driving, but a responsible amount of public use is perfectly acceptable.

Ahhh gotcha. You’re confusing licensed private businesses as “public spaces.” I know som are called “pubs” so it’s reasonable it would confuse some people.

But yeah, there are businesses that are licensed to sell alcohol. Yes, some are called “pubs.” They aren’t public spaces. I know there are some spots in KY and OH where public use of alcohol is specifically authorized, but those are exceptions.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT