POLITICAL THREAD

How will they rule ??!

• YES - Qualified

Votes: 41 82.0%
  • NO - Disqualified

Votes: 9 18.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Actually, I hope she keeps that loser... just makes it easier to beat them.
Dems had a chance to take advantage of the abortion issue. They then chose a ticket which backs full term abortions. I don’t think the American people are gonna vote for that. Maybe the steal is already secured and they’re just gonna tell us exactly what they plan to do. If so, we have become Venezuela.

And here we are, they'll go on about some weird lie. But then a Democrat lies about his combat experience and they're all "well you know, whatever"

Remember democrats and ppl like @Nightwish84 obssessed over a pine tree flag outside a scotus justice house...wonder if the attention will be the same, or if its a "those darn pubs at it again"

Advice for the future - don't quote someone's name and then say "ppl like..."

Why? Because you don't know me and I don't know what you're talking about with regards to a flag outside of a house. You're trying for attention and it's odd. If I actually say something you have an issue with, then we can talk. You clearly just want to argue with someone tonight and I've been reading a book.

Well then change the laws to represent that a fetus is a PERSON at conception.
You should be able to claim them on your taxes at conception.
The conception day will be the new birthday.
Tombstones should list the conception day till death.
If abortion was explicitly forbidden in the Bible, why is there No direct mention of it being forbidden anywhere at all??
And if you aren't going to grant person hood status to a fetus and all the benefits that comes with being a living, breathing, thinking person.... Then it's NOT a person by any measure of the law or Bible.
You fail.

This is from the Didache, which is codification of early 1st century Church teaching. Teachings of the Apostles. Similar passages are found in the Epistle of Barnabas.

“You shall not murder a child by abortion nor kill that which is born,” and those who do so are judged “murderers of children, destroyers of the handiwork of God.” (Chapters 2 and 5)

Now you may say, that’s not in the Bible! And if that’s your position, then I can only assume you submit to the Bible alone as the authoritative inspired Word of God for all matters of faith and practice which is going to open up a whole other can worms for you on this matter.

My advice, don’t try and speak on Gods behalf on this subject.

What matters is who is determining what is misinformation. Are we going to get another misinformation czar like the Biden admin tried to create?
Yeah, and I don't want that either. It'll invariably be turned against me when wielded by the other side. Just saying that what he said in that clip is true, and not a sign of tyranny. Depends on the context.

This is from the Didache, which is codification of early 1st century Church teaching. Teachings of the Apostles. Similar passages are found in the Epistle of Barnabas.

“You shall not murder a child by abortion nor kill that which is born,” and those who do so are judged “murderers of children, destroyers of the handiwork of God.” (Chapters 2 and 5)

Now you may say, that’s not in the Bible! And if that’s your position, then I can only assume you submit to the Bible alone as the authoritative inspired Word of God for all matters of faith and practice which is going to open up a whole other can worms for you on this matter.

My advice, don’t try and speak on Gods behalf on this subject.
I don't understand your position. You seem to be speaking on God's behalf.

There are literally millions of books which aren't in the Bible for one reason or another. Choosing among the non-canonical seems a bit of hubris. (I'd add On Civil Disobedience by Thoreau and Letter from a Birmingham Jail by King. But who asked me, right?)

The Epistle of Barnabas's chief thrust is that the Jews misunderstood their own sacred writing. Are you just going to pick and choose among the points of this letter? In for a penny, in for a pound.

As has been mentioned before, the only mention of causing the death of a fetus in the OT treats it as a property crime.

Anyone can have their own judgment on the issue, but I don't see how Christians can substitute their own judgment for what they claim is Divine Revelation.

What matters is who is determining what is misinformation. Are we going to get another misinformation czar like the Biden admin tried to create?
The 1A protects all speech, including “misinformation” and “ hate”, whatever these are. But it only protects you from government action or reprisal. It doesn’t stop you from getting your ass kicked for calling someone a racist name, or from being fired by a private company for similar speech. You also can’t utter speech that may cause imminent public disorder or panic, ie, yelling fire in a crowded theater.

Actually, I’m in favor of censoring nothing and leaving it up to individuals to make up their own minds as to what is offensive what is nonsense or bullshite.

That’s the way we used to do it .

Where is trump anyway? Been days since he had an event which is unlike him. Must be sick?

Cant believe the missed the opportunity to blend her and the pole vaulting penis fail into one joke
Maybe waiting for the SS to get their shit together or maybe he’s interviewing outside security teams.

1. Libel is not criminal- not in America. It is in many other countries.
2. The 1st Amendment has many safeguards against libel lawsuits, and certainly libel causes of action have indeed been found unconstitutional. If you're "intentionally lying" against even a public figure, even the First Amendment won't be likely to help you, unless the plaintiff can show damages. Not many politicians bother to sue against lies, because, what's the point.
3. The concern about what Walz said, which I didn't know about until today, because I honestly had barely heard of him, is two fold.
(A) Hate speech is absolutely protected by the 1st Amendment.
(B) "Misinformation" is absolutely protected by the 1st Amendment.
I actually have no idea what kind of hate he wants to outlaw, but I absolutely know what kind of "Misinformation" he wants to. He wanted to hit that Ivervectim crap and anti vaccine crap (which may or not actually be crap, but whatever), and he wanted to hit it hard. But, you can't do that in THIS country. 1st Amendment, see.
4. To repeat, libel laws, which are themselves, in THIS country, are civil, not criminal. And laws against "hate speech" and "Misinformation" are not the same as civil common laws against libel, because they don't even exist.
6. In general circumstances, lying is ABSOLUTELY protected by the 1st. While it is allegedly a sin to tell a lie, it's no cognizance crime.
You're trying to split hairs but the First does not protect lies. To use the classic 'shouting fire in a crowded theater' example that everyone agrees upon, if you shout fire and there is one, and someone is trampled to death in the resulting squeeze for the exits, you're protected by the First. Same situation, but you shout fire and there isn't one, you're lying, the First does not protect and you can be prosecuted for that speech. I agree I don't want a government bureaucrat labeling 'Hilary is a poopyface!' misinformation. But in terms of actual, out and out falsehoods, the First Amendment is not a catchall.

I should probably clarify for the benefit of Dion. There are some times that lying can be prosecuted. Perjury, obstruction of justice, making a false report, etc. Spreading "lies" about the vaccine is ABSOLUTELY not a crime. Making libel against politicians, no way.
Obviously it isn’t because the libs spent every hour of every day during Covid doing just that.

You're trying to split hairs but the First does not protect lies. To use the classic 'shouting fire in a crowded theater' example that everyone agrees upon, if you shout fire and there is one, and someone is trampled to death in the resulting squeeze for the exits, you're protected by the First. Same situation, but you shout fire and there isn't one, you're lying, the First does not protect and you can be prosecuted for that speech. I agree I don't want a government bureaucrat labeling 'Hilary is a poopyface!' misinformation. But in terms of actual, out and out falsehoods, the First Amendment is not a catchall.
Dionsysus, suffice it to say that I'm far more familiar with the "clear and present danger" standard than you are, but this issue is not about not shouting fire in a crowded theatre, and, if you think it is, then your IQ is possibly a few points lower than I would've guessed.
"Hate speech" and "Misinformation" laws have nada, and I mean ZERO, to crowded theaters and fires within, and have EVERYTHING to do with some guy on Twitter running his mouth about vaccines or bitching about whatever religion or race. You can NOT ban "Misinformation". You can NOT ban "hate speech" against whoever you hate. But, yes, you can prosecute some idiot for inducing panic if he yells fire in a crowded theater, probably. So, was Walz talking about false fire alarms in theaters?

All thats true, but he still cant attack him after saying that.

Trump could never attack anyone on covid (because his people formed the plan) or on the riots, because trump allowed them too.

Its on reason i think there were better options IF trump would've thrown his support.
Have you kept up with the way democrats play politics? There are no rules anymore. No one remembers 3 weeks ago. The media change the story every two weeks. Kamala has contradicted herself evertime she opens her mouth. No one cares.

Trump can say whatever he wants at this point. He could defend the earth being round and the sky blue and fact checkers will attack him.

There is no point in caring how the game is played anymore. The stakes are too high and the other side will try and kill you and destroy everyone whoever stood bt your side to win. If your not willing play the same game and just accept losing with dignity then you are still just losing.

The left seems hell bent on burning the whole thing down in order to win. We have to show them we will light the damn match if need be

Reactions: AustinTXCat
I said improve. Court expanding has happened multiple times in our history. The Constitution doesn’t specify the number of justices.
Stop prancing around like a drunk ballerina acting like you're the smartest person in the room. You're not. Every one of us knows that the court has expanded multiple times. Do you know why Presidents haven't TRIED IT since Roosevelt? Hmm, smart guy? Do you even know the LAST time it was successfully expanded? The very fact that you think this is a good strategy shows how stupid you really are.

Reactions: WildcatofNati2
Never had an interest in golf and I heard Trump cheats at it so I'd really be screwed.
"I heard" yeah that's the story of your life, isn't it? You wouldn't know a fact if it struck you square in the ballsack.

I guess you conveniently missed the big discussion and posting of the youtube video of Bryson DeChambeau playing 18 with Trump just a couple of weeks ago. You're a total MORON because you trust what you "hear" rather than actually WITNESSING it. Trump could give you 10 strokes and still kick your flabby ass.

I like you Phil...a great poster. But the Dems would cheat their asses off against them too. Don't underestimate the cheating they will do.
Thanks, I appreciate the kind words. You're cool too. And I agree absolutely they will cheat. That's why I was hoping we could put up a candidate who would win by such a large margin that even cheating wouldn't be enough. I'm worried Trump won't be able to do that. Hope like hell I'm wrong.

Reactions: AustinTXCat
I don;t think he's actually lost his lead. Polls are designed to influence public opinion, not reflect it.

In 2020, he was trailing Baideng by 5-10% in each of the battlegrounds expected to be determinative: WI,MI,PA,and FL. He ended up "losing" those by a percent or two, and even winning FL by like 3%. That's well outside of the margin of error, and for a collection of polls to be so critical and so wrong in the same direction, it can be only due to manipulation. Same is happening now. Kam needs to have a strong enthusiastic start. Perception is reality.
I agree I think he's actually still ahead, but the lead is dwindling and it has to stay ahead of the cheating. That's my concern.

You're misunderstanding. His numbers aren't up with that demographic now. They were up when the matchup was Genocide Joe. They no longer will be now that that's changed. Unless Republicans make a big push to tie Kamala to Joe's Israel policy, which is unlikely because that only highlights theirs which is even more anti-Palestinian, all those young voters Biden was hemorrhaging will come home to Kamala.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT