POLITICAL THREAD

How will they rule ??!

• YES - Qualified

Votes: 41 82.0%
  • NO - Disqualified

Votes: 9 18.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Tweaker, smacking around low IQ leftists, such as yourself, is the primary reason I come here.

It's sort of like playing JUMBLE, or doing a crossword puzzle. It fills the void when I'm working, or just bored.

BTW - did you manage to find all of your teeth that I knocked out the other day? (figuratively speaking...)

I'm eagerly anticipating your next post about how I don't understand fascism and what not. You seem to really favor that one I've noticed.

It's a big hit with Dion as well. His "go to" is to start mumbling on about some sort of Y axis. LOL
Speaking of which, I nailed you pretty directly on that when you had me on ignore the other day:
Conservatism literally means to conserve things. Societal institutions. Not the destruction of those institutions(anarchy).

Liberalism means individual freedoms. If taken out to its logical extreme it is the anarchy you're talking about, literal individual freedom to do whatever you want.

Your entire scale is made up nonsense. You just took how those words are used colloquially in America and shoehorned them onto a straight-line continuum. Nothing about it fits or is accurate.

? It's exactly what it says it is in the opener, a hero's journey set in a snapshot of 90s American culture. "Now thisa here story I'm about to unfold took place back in the early 90s. Just about the time of our conflict with Saddam and the Iraqis. I only mention it because sometimes there's a man, I won't say a hero, cause what's a hero? But sometimes there's a man, and I'm talking about The Dude here, sometimes there's a man...well, he's the man for his time and place. Fits right in there. And that's the Dude. In Los Angeles." The Vietnam vet and the Hippie, the Warrior and the Monk, on their journey to spiritual enlightenment. As the ending succinctly sums up. "Yeah well, the Dude abides." "The Dude abides, I don't know about you, but I take comfort in that. It's good knowing he's out there, taking it easy for all us sinners." There are college courses taught on the philosophy/politics of The Big Lebowski at this point, it's a classic for a reason.

It was an indulgence project because the Coen brothers were keen to make a noir movie, set in the 90's. It was inspired by Raymond Chandler's The "BIG" Sleep. The themes of nihilism, bowling, etc. were just throwbacks to the hippie and beat era. The point of the movie is that there WAS no point. The characters were based on an unproductive political activist that they knew, and John Milius, the bombastic writer/director. They wanted to make an homage to film noir, and at the end, nothing was resolved, there was no message. Things just cycled exactly back to the starting point. (Which was a common theme in Raymond Chandler's novels)

If somebody needs a college course to figure that out, then they've got bigger problems that need to be addressed, and shouldn't be wasting their time on a course like that.

It's like I've always said about you. You have a burning desire to try and over complicate things, and dig for phantoms that don't exist.

Now, if you disagree with what I wrote, don't take it up with me, take it up with the Coen brothers, because everything I wrote are the views that they have expressed.

And, as I said at the beginning, it is an apt description, IMO, of Democrats: a lot of talking, but in the end, nothing ever changes. In THAT respect, it's actually an INDICTMENT of the flower power generation.

All of that typing, just to inform you, once again, that you've completely missed the point. LOL Bless your heart.

Last edited:
Reactions: exemjr
No more Big Lebowski quotes from the righties. The Dude has officially spoken.

the-dude-abides-kamala-harris-2024-v0-06it0vg2gwgd1.png

He didn't write the movie.

Dumb as dirt.

Dion reminds me of Walter in the coffee shop, when the waitress asks him to keep his voice down, and his response was, "For your information dear, the Supreme Court has roundly rejected prior restraint!" I mean, LOL, it's almost PERFECT. 😄 😄 😄 😄

It is SPOT ON DION! (in that it is obliquely applicable, but not really, and it's delivered with so much "enthusiasm") LOL

It was an indulgence project because the Coen brothers were keen to make a noir movie, set in the 90's. It was inspired by Raymond Chandler's The "BIG" Sleep. The themes of nihilism, bowling, etc. were just throwbacks to the hippie and beat era. The point of the movie is that there WAS no point. The characters were based on an unproductive political activist that they knew, and John Milius, the bombastic writer/director. They wanted to make an homage to film noir, and at the end, nothing was resolved, there was no message. Things just cycled exactly back to the starting point. (Which was a common theme in Raymond Chandler's novels)

If somebody needs a college course to figure that out, then they've got bigger problems that need to be addressed, and shouldn't be wasting their time on a course like that.

It's like I've always said about you. You have a burning desire to try and over complicate things, and dig for phantoms that don't exist.

Now, if you disagree with what I wrote, don't take it up with me, take it up with the Coen brothers, because everything I wrote are the views that they have expressed.

And, as I said at the beginning, it is an apt description, IMO, of Democrats: a lot of talking, but in the end, nothing ever changes. In THAT respect, it's actually an INDICTMENT of the flower power generation.

All of that typing, just to inform you, once again, that you've completely missed the point. LOL Bless your heart.
None of what we said is mutually exclusive. Other than you saying the point is there was no point. There are many complex themes interwoven. That's the point, the complexities and variance of life. Exactly like I said, the classic hero's' journey in search of enlightenment. Just because they intentionally haven't spelled it out for you doesn't mean it doesn't exist. Were you an engineer?

Dion reminds me of Walter in the coffee shop, when the waitress asks him to keep his voice down, and his response was, "For your information dear, the Supreme Court has roundly rejected prior restraint!" I mean, LOL, it's almost PERFECT. 😄 😄 😄 😄

It is SPOT ON DION! (in that it is obliquely applicable, but not really, and it's delivered with so much "enthusiasm") LOL
100%. lol "Hey Dude, don't go away man. Come on, this affects all of us man! Our basic freedoms!"

• Haha
Reactions: HymanKaplan
Yes. That's been my point the whole time. Exactly what I had posted before I edited it because I thought it was too vague. Exactly what it is now. There is no need for the WNBA. We have the NBA. What we need are activities women would actually enjoy that are equivalent to the NBA.
So basketball should be strictly a male sport and any woman who wants to play is SOL in your scenario. They should stick to what exactly? What women’s sport would get women engaged and watching at the same level as men? We just inventing new games now?

It's so telling that y'all's lizard brains go directly to "cooking" and "birthing". Almost everything worth being done in today's world is an intellectual pursuit. Do you dig ditches by hand at your job every day? No, they have backhoe operators for that. We've replaced physical biological power with mechanical. Women are just as capable of everything important in our society, it's time we restructured our social priorities to reflect that reality.
What “Intellectual Pursuit” is going to fill a 70K seat stadium?

Reactions: Lost In FL
It’s a stupid question. It ignores reality, and specifically what McConnell did to screw Republican voters and America at the end of 2022, among other things.
Haters gonna go on hating when they can't face the reality of what was happening & fall back on their ideal unreal world. Geez.

So basketball should be strictly a male sport and any woman who wants to play is SOL in your scenario. They should stick to what exactly? What women’s sport would get women engaged and watching at the same level as men? We just inventing new games now?

Dion is the personification of JD Vance’s childless cat lady.

Dion hates the nuclear family, like a good lefty, and doesn’t care that allowing girls to compete in sports against other girls, with generally similar physical capacities, is good for their personal development as opposed to blocking them out of physical competition based on physical capacity differences that can only be mitigated, but never overcome, with extreme medical intervention. It’s much more important to the lefties to destroy family and childhood.

If you care about the future of the country, and/or have children or nieces/nephews, you understand why Dion’s position is moronic.

There’s no sense in having the discussion with Dion because his value system is completely different than anyone who wants a future for America and its children.

Of course we don’t, because the NBA sole purpose is to make money and provide entertainment. If you’re arguing the WNBA shouldn’t be around because it does neither, I won’t attempt to debate that but that’s not my money financing it.

On the amateur level, we divide sports up into all sorts of categories. There is a North American Chinese Basketball Association. I just don’t see the harm in letting females have their own space to do what they enjoy in a more safe, fair, and competitive environment when the biological gap (proven by science and years of trial and error) is to big to overcome in these men’s spaces. I also don’t take issue with a Chinese Basketball League, Catholic Youth Baseball, or Hispanic Schools Soccer League, Special Olympics, etc if the interest and popularity calls for it so people are able to participate and more enjoy a sport.
About 20 fing pages summed up in one post. This one should end it.

Reactions: Lost In FL
Democrats have sold their souls and their intellectual credibility to support men trampling women's rights. They've yet again revealed their irrational twisted depravity which makes them unfit for any serious voice in a civilized society.

The liberal mind f**k is not simply a different perspective to be considered. It is a clear sign of applied mental illness.

He misses the point on purpose. Just so you'll argue with him for days on pointless issues and frankly ... you fall for it. No one IRL wants to talk to him, this is all he has! Just point out where he is wrong or stupid and move on.

Reactions: HymanKaplan
Blinken to France in 1940, "It's important that we don't escalate this."
Harris in 2024: "I believe it is peace in our time. Let's start with this. Peace is...a time when there is no war. And people all over the world love peace and don't want to be in a war. In a war, some people end up dying. And that's bad. Our administration is for all people living in peace without war. It's a high priority."

Democrats have sold their souls and their intellectual credibility to support men trampling women's rights. They've yet again revealed their irrational twisted depravity which makes them unfit for any serious voice in a civilized society.

The liberal mind f**k is not simply a different perspective to be considered. It is a clear sign of applied mental illness.
And for some reason we debate the pigeon's on here ...

Reactions: berniecarbo
Tim Walz, MN governor is apparently the VP pick.

Not the way I would have gone, considering MN is a lock for her. I would have thought Shapiro.

I don't see that helping her in the more important states of WI, MI, and PA.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT