POLITICAL THREAD

How will they rule ??!

• YES - Qualified

Votes: 41 82.0%
  • NO - Disqualified

Votes: 9 18.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Good. Prices will be dropping and unemployment rising. You should be happy. Most you guys on here have been wanting this for 4 years.
It's not about being happy, it's about being correct. (in that Kamala doesn't know what she's doing. And make no mistake. Kamala has obviously been the POTUS for at LEAST the last three years)

It's no wonder that she refuses to debate or hold a press conference. She's running scared.

Reactions: parrott and SDC888
Voted for Reagan in 84. Reagan, James Baker, Bush.... Those were real Republicans. Tip O'Neil was a great moderate Dem. Miss those days.
If I was alive and of age:
1960 JFK
1968 Bobby

I’m going to hold my nose and vote for Trump. I wish we had better candidates. I can confidently say my politics have stayed the same.

This is known as the continuum fallacy.

It's also a non sequitur to conclude that he wants to dictate what people can do. And it's spurious reasoning to conclude we can change sex simply because we have medicine.
I was rebutting a statement that there were two distinct sexes. My example was what's usually called a black swan. Someone says there are only white swans (because they are so numerous) and you find a black swan, that undercuts the statement that there only white swans. People born with multiple sexual characteristics contradicts the statement that sexes are always distinct.

Your example wasn't to a "fallacy" but a paradox. A beach is an emergent property of lots of grains of sand. You don't find a beach by looking at its constituent parts. A single hair is not a lustrous mane. Nor are 2 or 10. But at some point if you continue, the head is no longer bald.

Does trueblujr2 want to allow transsexuals to participate in the world according to the way they want to? Fine. Does he want to exclude that in sports where strength and size are exaggerated by 18 years of testosterone and HGH. Fine again. (I also think early testosterone and HGH is an unfair advantage.) That seems to me to be a question for the agencies which administer the competitions.

You appear to want to argue from definition. Arguments from definition seem like a jr high debate tactic.

There are so few areas where transexual concerns overlap with more public concerns that it absolutely seems to be one of the trivial issues ginned up to mountain size as a political strategy.

They’re abusing the asylum system. Isn’t this the exact type of immigrant you usually say you hate? Wonder what’s different about this family? Hmmm…
GUKBlTCWsAAu2gY

I was rebutting a statement that there were two distinct sexes. My example was what's usually called a black swan. Someone says there are only white swans (because they are so numerous) and you find a black swan, that undercuts the statement that there only white swans. People born with multiple sexual characteristics contradicts the statement that sexes are always distinct.

Your example wasn't to a "fallacy" but a paradox. A beach is an emergent property of lots of grains of sand. You don't find a beach by looking at its constituent parts. A single hair is not a lustrous mane. Nor are 2 or 10. But at some point if you continue, the head is no longer bald.

Does trueblujr2 want to allow transsexuals to participate in the world according to the way they want to? Fine. Does he want to exclude that in sports where strength and size are exaggerated by 18 years of testosterone and HGH. Fine again. (I also think early testosterone and HGH is an unfair advantage.) That seems to me to be a question for the agencies which administer the competitions.

You appear to want to argue from definition. Arguments from definition seem like a jr high debate tactic.

There are so few areas where transexual concerns overlap with more public concerns that it absolutely seems to be one of the trivial issues ginned up to mountain size as a political strategy.

No, I am not doing what you think I am doing.

I am explaining to you that you have failed to establish that the sexes aren't distinct by the continuum fallacy. First you must establish that the ambiguity, the "overlap," you cite leads to a change in definition. It does not.

That is a continuum fallacy.

Continuum fallacyThe continuum fallacy (also known as the fallacy of the beard,[9][10] line-drawing fallacy, or decision-point fallacy[11]) is an informal fallacy related to the sorites paradox. Both fallacies cause one to erroneously reject a vague claim simply because it is not as precise as one would like it to be. Vagueness alone does not necessarily imply invalidity. The fallacy is the argument that two states or conditions cannot be considered distinct (or do not exist at all) because between them there exists a continuum of states.

Kamala better hope this IS just a correction (it's not), because the jobs report was horrendous, and if the upcoming CPI is bad then we're probably heading into a recession, and a bad economy is the silver bullet incumbent killer.
And everyone needs to remember that those jobs and inflation reports are massaged to be as rosy/optimistic as possible to help the Left. The real numbers are worse and the reports are almost always revised to be worse in the following months.

Actually, I’m the opposite of you. I want everyone and the country to succeed. Not surprised that you are happy with the crash. Smh
He would have been giddy about a crash or WW3 if it had happened under Trump. I remember Plat/Sammy coming on here every single time the market took a little dip under Trump to Laugh and gloat. Shins would have been no different.

None of us want this.

You’re siding with the police who murdered the kid rather than the protesters upset about it. You’re condoning violence against a segment of the citizenry you disapprove of. Who makes up that segment? Racial minorities. Nonwhites. It isn’t pulling the “race card” when you’re called on literally advocating for violent suppression of racial minorities. It’s just you being racist.

No, I am not doing what you think I am doing.

I am explaining to you that you have failed to establish that the sexes aren't distinct by the continuum fallacy. First you must establish that the ambiguity, the overlap, you cite leads to a change in definition. It does not.

That is a continuum fallacy.

Continuum fallacyThe continuum fallacy (also known as the fallacy of the beard,[9][10] line-drawing fallacy, or decision-point fallacy[11]) is an informal fallacy related to the sorites paradox. Both fallacies cause one to erroneously reject a vague claim simply because it is not as precise as one would like it to be. Vagueness alone does not necessarily imply invalidity. The fallacy is the argument that two states or conditions cannot be considered distinct (or do not exist at all) because between them there exists a continuum of states.

Except that isn't the argument. There isn't a continuum of states. Every collection of items isn't a continuum.

If you said "We only have apples in basket A" and "We only have pears in basket B", inspecting the baskets to see if that is true isn't committing a logical fallacy.

If I were president, DAY ONE, our military would be at the border. Proceed like you would someone breaking into your home.

I'm also going door to door of illegals and shipping them off just as the government snuck them on to planes and into hotels at night. Get them out of here. Get the SCOTUS to look at Birthright Citizenship again as it was an atrocious decision.

Get these people out of the country and off the taxpayer's dime.

There is not a better individual to lead America during these times than Kamala. Iran, Russia, N Korea and others will fully respect her and be scared of her. Her knowledge of economics will bring wealth to all and she will heal this nation as one.

stephen colbert lol GIF by The Late Show With Stephen Colbert

Banker - You probably didn't get the memo. but using the word clown, or clown memes as a pejorative, isn't allowed here. LOL

Reactions: LineSkiCat14

Thank goodness I listened to William Devane, and transferred all of my assets into precious metals. LOL

If I were president, DAY ONE, our military would be at the border. Proceed like you would someone breaking into your home.

I'm also going door to door of illegals and shipping them off just as the government snuck them on to planes and into hotels at night. Get them out of here. Get the SCOTUS to look at Birthright Citizenship again as it was an atrocious decision.

Get these people out of the country and off the taxpayer's dime.
In a war, on our soil or even someone else's soil, we protect our perimeter with whatever force is necessary. This is an invasion led in at least part by some of our own politicians. I hope with the proper leaders in place, after the election, we will do what is necessary on our perimeter.

Reactions: HymanKaplan
I think Kamala needs to hold a press conference, to address the middle east and the economy.

I'm actually being serious. Why isn't the WH getting on this?

Imagine being this desperate to be able to say that men can have vaginas. Enough to go on about it for days on end.
Men with vaginas? You’re the one who flatly said if you’re born with a vagina you’re a woman and should be competing against women. Are you backtracking now?

And Obama and Biden. McConnell was ramming it all through.

Edit: I know he wasn’t always the leader, but he’s never met a 2,000+ page spending bill he wouldn’t coerce republicans into voting for.
Only time McConnell was the Leader & had a Pub House & Pub Prez was under Trump. He couldn't ram anything through with Dims in power.

How many pages should a spending bill be?

• Lin Yu-ting did not appeal the IBA’s decision to the Court of Arbitration for Sport (CAS), thus rendering the decision legally binding.
  • Imane Khelif initially appealed the decision to CAS but withdrew the appeal during the process, also making the IBA decision legally binding.
LEGALLY, THEY DID NOT QUALIFY AS WOMEN.

There's your evidence.

If you move the goalposts, you concede the argument because YOU demanded evidence and it was supplied.
That’s about their chromosomes, not their genitalia, which was the question. And the heart of this question as the thread has maintained for years all of this is obvious, and is now getting a crash course in just exactly how it isn’t so obvious. The two boxers situations are the same, Lin Yu-Ting is not trans either. Which was his question, not whatever you tried to warp it into.

Biden won from a basement while letting Trump rail on. Why wouldn't she use the same strategy?
Well, because it's her f***ing JOB. I'm not talking about campaigning. I'm talking about performing the day to day tasks of the Oval Office, and she IS POTUS at this point.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT