POLITICAL THREAD

How will they rule ??!

• YES - Qualified

Votes: 41 82.0%
  • NO - Disqualified

Votes: 9 18.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Many, many people in this country have been looking for anyone but Trump for a long time. That's the only reason Biden won in 2020. Now Kamala has a shot because she also fits that bill.
GTXovNBagAEeG7J

let the games begin

CNN found in a polling analysis.—

JD Vance Is the Least Liked VP Nominee in Decades, According to Polls—​

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/poli...nee-in-decades-according-to-polls/ar-BB1qycWG

All it takes to go from adored to "the most evil person ever" is simply to run against a Democrat for office.

I can buy that and it goes to part of my complaint about him. He really adds nothing. Any voter that likes him already loves trump. He is more divisive than trump so he wont win any undecided voters. Plus OH is solidly already for Trump.

The only add he might have is debating the dem vp but that was more clear when it was kamala. Even if he remains an add here, these things dont move the needle.

I get why he was chosen, because he was exactly what trump wanted, but he was a poor choice.
Vance's best attribute, IMO, besides probably being a good debater, is that he has been tremendous on TV defending Trump and Republican policies in general. He is very smart and skilled, and there is really no one better on MTP or similar shows to put out to answer questions. But, that is a far different skill than being able to go out and campaign nationally for office. Maybe he will get better "on the stump".

Reactions: bigblueinsanity
Have to disagree a little here. I agree that a true libertarian wouldn't. Which is what I see myself as. But when I looked into joining the libertarian party I found out that that party is almost as nutty as the libs and some of them absolutely would vote Democrat. Some of them have TDS as bad as the left looneys do.

The party’s current presidential nominee tells you all you need to know.

He also helped throw the GA Senate race to Warnock in ‘22.

You know how the left always likes to use being a woman as some shield from criticism, have 'slut walks', talks about not body shaming or sex shaming women and all of that?

That always goes out the door when it comes to Republican women.

The party’s current presidential nominee tells you all you need to know.

He also helped throw the GA Senate race to Warnock in ‘22.
Libertarian Party isn't anything like they were back in the day. Kind of like the Dem Party. Neal Boortz was a libertarian but I don't think he would go for what they were doing/saying in their convention. Didn't Trump go to it and got booed?

For that matter the Repub Party isn't like the Repubs of back in the day.

Got in the mail today...the second time in the last 6 months, a letter from the University of Michigan to participate in their Survey of Consumers which is always on the news when it comes out. Never logged in and did the first one. This time I will.
Should I tell them the economy is booming? Or tell the truth?
Truth hurts?

:cool:

Crickets from leftists on here.

The tweet is still up

Classic DNC Media 'fact checkers.'

"While parts of Trump's statement are true — Shawn Michael Tillman did murder a man in St. Paul after being released from jail — other parts of the former president's statement are misleading."
Full disclosure: I did not read the article.

Could he be wrong based on the tweet?

She asked other people to donate, promote it, etc.

It would not surprise me if she did not give any of her own money and only asked others to give or if she allocated "government funds."

So, in my opinion, the fact check is misleading.

“kamalot”
😂🤦🏻‍♂️

I don't want anyone to hurt themselves, even people I hate. But I just don't think the Keith Olbermann story ends well. Like we are going to wake up one day and find out he put on a dress and hung himself with the names Donald Trump and Katy Tur written in lipstick on the wall.

Full disclosure: I did not read the article.

Could he be wrong based on the tweet?

She asked other people to donate, promote it, etc.

It would not surprise me if she did not give any of her own money and only asked others to give or if she allocated "government funds."

So, in my opinion, the fact check is misleading.
It's not. She donated her name, and time. That's a donation.

Reactions: 55wildcat
Because the two are not exclusive of one another and the NBA is purely based on physical, not mental abilities.
Our government absolutely should hire people that reflect the broad range of ethnicity in America.
Those different viewpoints/perspectives are an advantage, not a disadvantage.
Why do you hate different races and viewpoints? Why has your party NEVER nominated a person of color for President or VP?? NEVER. NADA. ZIP.
Is it your belief that there has never been one person of color capable of being a Republican President??
DEI and the Whites Only Club are just two sides of the same coin brotha.

Here is Ian example of a truly stupid human being.

Trying to sound as reasonable as possible, yet claims that NBA ability is all physical, not mental at all.

What if the player chokes at the line every time? Can't remember the plays? Can't comprehend a zone defense? Etc etc.

Just absolutisms showing absolute idiocy.

Another Democrat faking threats and pushing hoaxes actually gets arrested for it.

Fort Bend politician arrested for fake Facebook account accused of impersonating judge

Investigators believe Taral Patel may have also created a fake social media profile for 240th District Court Judge Surendran Pattel.

"He was arrested last month after allegations that he used a fake Facebook account to attack opponents and post racist comments under his own campaign page.

After the arrest, investigators obtained a search warrant for Patel's phone. They found a Facebook account on the phone under the name Surendran Pattel, the 240th District Court Judge for Fort Bend County. The account was linked to the email address Taral@movetexas.org."

Look at how much the show has shifted over the years. Used to be a liberal hub with one lone, token moderate conservative on the panel to be the punching bag. Now it's literally completely flipped, with all solid conservatives and one lone, former Republican who switched because she was turned off by Donald Trump representing the entire left. Ana Navarro being the voice to defend progressives is beyond laughable. 90s Maher vs current Maher is such an interesting case study of descent.

They aren't pro-Hamas, they're pro-Palestinian. The Palestinian people deserve freedom and equality just like everyone else. Hamas is a horrible religious fundamentalist extremist group. That does heinous, reprehensible things in the ongoing war. But they're just one faction across millions of stateless and powerless Palestinian people, the entire political spectrum, fighting for their freedom. We need to all be working towards a solution to the problem instead of enabling the most extreme faction to just grow and grow by bombing them a clear path to new members.
Uh, the GAZANS (there are no such things as "Palestinians") elected Hamas with an OVERWHELMING majority. So what have the GAZANS done to "deserve freedom and equality just like everyone else?" The GAZANS OVERWHELMINGLY hate the Jews and OVERWHELMINGLY support Hamas and its efforts to drive the Jews "from the river to the sea." You made an assertion but you haven't bothered to substantiate WHY the GAZANS "deserve" any such thing.

Any "solution" that DOESN'T include REMOVING Hamas from the face of the earth COMPLETELY is an unacceptable solution, since Hamas is bent on EXTERMINATING the Jews.

Look at how much the show has shifted over the years. Used to be a liberal hub with one lone, token moderate conservative on the panel to be the punching bag. Now it's literally completely flipped, with all solid conservatives and one lone, former Republican who switched because she was turned off by Donald Trump representing the entire left. Ana Navarro being the voice to defend progressives is beyond laughable. 90s Maher vs current Maher is such an interesting case study of descent.

Or Maher is the same ignorant lefty he’s always been, opining on topics he doesn’t know anything about or understand, but you guys have shifted so far left that seems reasonable in comparison to your normal shit.

Reactions: trueblujr2
Or Maher is the same ignorant lefty he’s always been, opining on topics he doesn’t know anything about or understand, but you guys have shifted so far left that seems reasonable in comparison to your normal shit.

Sadly, Maher is a rare voice of occasional reason the left has to listen to. Most of his takes are awful/leftist, but at least he said things like Islam is violent and far worse than Christianity. Kimmel or Colbert are just democrat propagandist all the time, Maher at least has some brain cells working.

You mistake my political preferences with analysis.

JD Vance being a liability for Donald Trump is fact. It's a questionable move that will cost him votes. I will be very transparent and say it's very unlikely I vote for Trump regardless of his VP, but despite that unlikeliness I cast a vote for Trump (who I believe was a terrible President), the bigger question is if I vote for Kamala Harris.

Because many of you are binary partisans, you can't comprehend that vehement criticism of Donald Trump andthe GOP is not equal to vehement support of the DNC. You simply aren't going to get it.

I am an independent voter. Libertarian in nature. But I think political labels are just a method of giving up freedom of thought. That's exactly what I think. There are no games.
Political labels are a function of parties which are a natural outgrowth of our first-past-the-post, instead of proportional, system. When all anyone needs in a given district is to get the slimmest majority, that's all the goal is. This naturally leads to parties being big tent enough to win, favoring vague inclusion and membership over firm policy positions. All smaller, policy-based parties are driven out as they can't get a strict majority so lose ALL power, the only thing we're left with being the party currently in power and their opposition, both fighting for that 50.000001% majority(or if third party spoilers actually stay in for no reason, even less than that. Thank you @Marleydogg).

Call yourself an independent, a Libertarian, or a unicorn. But all political power in America has been consolidated in our two parties because of the structure of our system. A third party cannot rise, they will just replace one of the current two even if they beat the odds and are successful, repeating the cycle. As has always happened in American history. We are forced to pick a side in this country, and anyone who tells you they haven't is either smugly lying or completely ignorant.

I don't defend Kamala so comparisons like this don't resonate with me. I'd be good if Democrats ran Mitt Romney.

Typically when I am stuck with two candidates I strongly dislike, I don't vote for either. I am trying to keep an open mind on what is best for America, but the only way I actually cast a vote is if Beshear is VP most likely -- it's the only path I see my vote could even be relevant in Kentucky.
Haha! That tyrant's strings are attached to the same puppeteers as Bush, Clinton, Obama, Biden, Kamala etc.

Because the two are not exclusive of one another and the NBA is purely based on physical, not mental abilities.
Our government absolutely should hire people that reflect the broad range of ethnicity in America.
Those different viewpoints/perspectives are an advantage, not a disadvantage.
Why do you hate different races and viewpoints? Why has your party NEVER nominated a person of color for President or VP?? NEVER. NADA. ZIP.
Is it your belief that there has never been one person of color capable of being a Republican President??
DEI and the Whites Only Club are just two sides of the same coin brotha.
^^^Never watched the NBA, just implied that NBA players (who are mostly black) don't have the smarts to play other sports

A libertarian would never vote for a Democrat. They are diametrically opposed to one another. Unless you're confused about what, you know, libertarianism actually MEANS.
One of my close friends is one of the 0.3% of the population actually registered Libertarian. He's voting Kamala(really anyone but Trump, which at the moment looks like Kamala).

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT