POLITICAL THREAD

How will they rule ??!

• YES - Qualified

Votes: 41 82.0%
  • NO - Disqualified

Votes: 9 18.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
But would that require the feds to track my purchases? How would they know when I reached 30K?
Tracking purchases, digital currency, etc were all things that have changed totally since Fair Tax was first envisioned. Friend of mine when I lived in Georgia, John Linder, proposed it when he was a U.S. congressman back in the 90s. Him and radio host Neil Boortz wrote a book on it in the early 2000s.

Little trivia, first time John ran for Congress (had been in the Georgia legislature for years), he was beat by then Congressman Ben Jones. Better known my most people as 'Cooter' from the Dukes of Hazard.

Well, if you think the end result should drive the legal analysis, don’t complain about Roe and other super legislative decisions of the court.
Roe v Wade. My wife = pro-choice and damned adamant, nearly fanatical about it too. Oh, and she despises Biden and Dems more than I.

My position sits squarely in the middle.

Last edited:
Yes. Beyond evil. They mirrored this painting side by side. Morloch is there. Luciferians love symbolism.

images
Yep. Certainly doesn't dispel the speculation that he may be the AC.

• Haha
Reactions: Stan the caddy
Somebody bring me up to speed. What is that painting, and why is it the anti-christ?

Also, for the post police; I'm bored today, so expect the whole 9 yards from me. Ignore as necessary (but it's your loss. My posts are almost all winners)

But would that require the feds to track my purchases? How would they know when I reached 30K?
NO. You get a prebate that would be equal to the sales tax on 30K. Let's say ... you spend 20K in a year ... you still get a prebate up to the sales tax on 30K.

This is the most equal plan anyone could devise. Poor folks buy a 1,000 car (ha), they pay 23%. Rich folks pay for 200,000 high-end performance car, they pay 23%. everyone wins.

Somebody bring me up to speed. What is that painting, and why is it the anti-christ?

Also, for the post police; I'm bored today, so expect the whole 9 yards from me. Ignore as necessary (but it's your loss. My posts are almost all winners)
That is the official painting of King Chuck. It has since been desecrated by climate activists. The painting looks evil and is supposed to represent the hell is has gone through or is going through, or something to that effect. When you transpose the painting, you see Baphomet. so, in essence they purposefully put baphomet on one side. There are several other rumors that he is the AC ... I'm not confirming nor denying. All i'm saying is having baphomet in half your official portrait doesn't squash those rumors lol.

Read the concurrence. It’s very short and shows that if the court was in the lawmaking business, the decision would be different. Alito informs that he thinks the legislators who passed the machine gun act would have barred bump stocks, but that the language of their statute does not.

OTOH, Sotomayor criticizes the majority because she thinks more people will die because of the decision. The activist side of the court that wants to legislate can be right and scary at the same time. It’s not the Court’s job. It’s Congress’s job. Sotomayor gives you decisions like Roe. Even if you like the outcome of the Roe decision, you must realize it represents an abuse of power.
make sure I understand... alito based on reason and law and sotomayor based on emotion. that about right?

If this is like the current Ky sales tax, the retailer would be required to collect the tax during sale and remit to the fed gov’t. A millionaire currently paying income taxes at 35% rate might benefit if this sales tax rate is only 23%. I am still researching this.
depends how much the millionaire consumes. If he's married, he probably wants the income tax.

• Love
Reactions: Bill - Shy Cat
Tracking purchases, digital currency, etc were all things that have changed totally since Fair Tax was first envisioned. Friend of mine when I lived in Georgia, John Linder, proposed it when he was a U.S. congressman back in the 90s. Him and radio host Neil Boortz wrote a book on it in the early 2000s.

Little trivia, first time John ran for Congress (had been in the Georgia legislature for years), he was beat by then Congressman Ben Jones. Better known my most people as 'Cooter' from the Dukes of Hazard.
That is the plan I'm familiar with. Was in GA at the time, used to listen to Boortz and read the Boortz news every day.

Reactions: OHIO COLONEL
unfortunately, this is a recipe for disaster for trump. biden will be pumped FULL of stuff and will be marginally coherent for an hour, but will go into a near coma to recover. The REAL test would be to have another 2 hour debate the NEXT day.

Funny...I was just talking with a friend a couple of weeks ago about Israel/IDF and how everyone there HAS to serve, and that it would be a good idea for the US of A. But also, as @blubo pointed out, many/most of our present day youngsters would just say FU....and nobody would do anything about it. But....it would be good for them and the country. Maybe the country wouldn't have so many college/brainwashed/indoctrinated/libs running around.
That is the plan I'm familiar with. Was in GA at the time, used to listen to Boortz and read the Boortz news every day.
Listened to him as well going back to the 70s. I think he's 'lost in Fl' now too. Retried to Naples I think?

Funny...I was just talking with a friend a couple of weeks ago about Israel/IDF and how everyone there HAS to serve, and that it would be a good idea for the US of A. But also, as @blubo pointed out, many/most of our present day youngsters would just say FU....and nobody would do anything about it. But....it would be good for them and the country. Maybe the country wouldn't have so many college/brainwashed/indoctrinated/libs running around.

Listened to him as well going back to the 70s. I think he's 'lost in Fl' now too. Retried to Naples I think?
Theoretically, it would be a great thing. The military showed me a great deal about how to get along with others and how other parts of the world lived. It taught me about responsibility and sacrifice. However with all the crazies in the world today, lawsuits over everything, and people thinking they are owed everything, I'm not sure it would work. It would take old time soldiers like warriorcat with the authority to do what was necessary to make it work. I doubt we have the gumption to give that authority. It would take a change in the mindset of our nation as a whole.

Roe v Wade. My wife = pro-choice and damned adamant, nearly fanatical about it too. Oh, and she despises Biden and Dems more than I.

My position sits squarely in the middle.

It’s not about the law, but about the integrity of the law and separation of powers. Legislate the crap out of it, just don’t make law in the courts, by EO, or by rogue agency action.

make sure I understand... alito based on reason and law and sotomayor based on emotion. that about right?

Thomas writes majority opinion. Alito, concurring, essentially says the gun attachment has done harm, but that it is not prohibited under current law and that legislation must prohibit, if that be the will. Sotomayor pens the dissent and adds that the majority view is sure to get more people killed. Pleasant.

Reactions: Lost In FL
IDK if it is the same concept from 2000, but IIRC that plan called for monthly checks for something like $500, for every American. That would've covered all taxes up to $30K per year.

Many other benefits ... one I recall was those who make "non reportable income" (think illegally...) would have to pay taxes on everything they purchase.

Also, if someone wants to improve their life and get a 2nd job, they are not penalized by the fed gov't for doing just that, with a higher income tax bracket.

Edit: just looked up the website and it says each family of 4 would get $7,328 per year in prebate checks. Never file a federal tax return again. Keep 100% of your paycheck (even commies should like workers keeping 100% of their check...)
No one is ever penalized for getting a second job with “a higher income tax bracket”. Tax brackets are graduated. You're only taxed at the higher rate on the income in that bracket. All your original income is at the original rate.

Last edited:
NO. You get a prebate that would be equal to the sales tax on 30K. Let's say ... you spend 20K in a year ... you still get a prebate up to the sales tax on 30K.

This is the most equal plan anyone could devise. Poor folks buy a 1,000 car (ha), they pay 23%. Rich folks pay for 200,000 high-end performance car, they pay 23%. everyone wins.
Fair tax is the ONLY "Fair" tax.
Bull. Nothing "fair" or "equal" about that. What percentage of a lower income person's budget goes to essentials, food and housing? What % are they of yours? Now, how much are they of an Elon Musk's budget? It just shifts the burden to the middle and lower classes who have to participate in consumption but don't have enough capital to participate in finance.

Bull. Nothing "fair" or "equal" about that. What percentage of a lower income person's budget goes to essentials, food and housing? What % are they of yours? Now, how much are they of an Elon Musk's budget? It just shifts the burden to the middle and lower classes who have to participate in consumption but don't have enough capital to participate in finance.
Dion, this is also my main concern with this concept. I can’t locate anything to convince me that the ultra wealthy won’t benefit tremendously from a “fair” tax.

Dion, this is also my main concern with this concept. I can’t locate anything to convince me that the ultra wealthy won’t benefit tremendously from a “fair” tax.
They openly admit it themselves with the prebate. They give a "prebate", really a rebate but less complicated because it's a fixed amount, up to what they say is "poverty level" exactly because of this. If they didn't it would be catastrophic, and they themselves fully acknowledge that, so they had to come up with a patch to try fix the most glaring flaws. But the entire flawed premise remains the same, just with tax breaks for the lowest incomes just like we already have. Still overburdens the lowers classes who have to rely on consumption.

You can think about it another way, using @Lost In FL's own car buying example. If a lower income person buys a car, that's a huge expenditure that takes savings and a significant chuck of their current income as payments. For one car that is a tool they need for transportation, both personal and most times for work. Compared to Elon Musk buying cars. Elon Musk is also one person, same as the other. He can buy the same one car for use, or twenty cars for fun. And even when he buys those twenty cars just for absurd fun, that still doesn't touch anything like the % of his overall like it does the lower income person. AND he's still just one person, so even if he buys a ridiculous twenty cars that no one person needs, that's still basically a finite upper limit, because what's the difference between twenty cars and two hundred cars to one person? No one is buying two hundred cars. Not even the uber rich. And with how much richer the rich really are than the rest of us, it would take them buying way more than two hundred cars to have the same sort of % impact.

Reactions: Bill - Shy Cat
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT