POLITICAL THREAD

How will they rule ??!

• YES - Qualified

Votes: 41 82.0%
  • NO - Disqualified

Votes: 9 18.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
So how did scotus ruled that assault rifles can be banned? Are they not guns? They stated that assault weapons and high capacity magazines weren't In the scope of the amendment. How did they come up with a completely arbitrary scope? They made it up because the amendment let's them decide the scope. It says arm's and then doesn't define arms and it never says all arms. So as long as you have a right to at least 1 type of arms then it leaves scotus a lot of wiggle room. So at any point a different scotus can make all rifles or handguns or shotguns outside the scope. Hell, Trump went and unilaterally banned bump stocks by having the agency change the definition of assault rifle in a existing law which is clearly not constitutional. So far scotus has refused to take up any of the AR ban cases. Most of the appeals rulings were in favor stating that the government can infringe on the right if its in the interest of saving lives. Which is why it should be amended to precisely define legal arms as times change.
GMbz224bUAAI8Ku

Sad news here locally:

So far, officials said at least four people have died in 30 suspected overdose cases. Initially, officials said the calls started between Sixth and Eighth streets, but the situation escalated to all parts of Austin.

What the hell has happened to this city?
To oversimplify: Austin chose to elect and re-elect Far Left Democrats to positions of power and they've managed to wreck the city. See: just about every other big city in the US.

those struggling businesses can start selling weed.
Apparently, many will.

Buy more votes, Uncle Joe.

Hint: 2020 was covid, you moron. I don't agree with any of that nonsense, but you sure did, so shut up, coronabro.

Get over your self AND your TDS.

We all know, and we're kind of tired of hearing it every day.

Don't vote for the guy. Give it a rest.

I don't agree with how Trump handled that bs covid, but he played the hand he was dealt, and lied to by medical professionals he thought he could trust.

And he was much better than Biden and all his mandates and 'winter of death' bullshit.

If you can't see that, you're an Idiot, perhaps on the level of sambowieshin.
After all that, you're fine with Trump's spending. Got it.

I'll shut up when I stop hearing praise of Trump here & discussion of his trials.

Summer of 2020 all over again. Ain't 2024 been grand so far?

And Dion?, What is all of this violence, vandalism, and blatant Anti-semitism and denying AMERICAN Jewish students their civil rights to freely move about their campus going to do to resolve the problems happening literally on the opposite side of the globe? Most of those entitled morons protesting have ZERO skin in the game and are just cosplaying resistance and revolution and have no real clue about the cause they are fighting. They just spout their talking points like mindless indoctrinated sheep. They are solving ZERO. If it's awareness you want to raise, so be it. This isn't the way. Violence and threats against Jewish students who are oppressing NO ONE is not the answer. These agitators are being paid and funded. This is not an organic cause. It's yet another Election year mayhem.
We've had many exchanges here over the years. Sorry but you're just a dumb person. You're never correct about the underlying causes of anything. I, repeatedly, carefully lay out the current political climate and its ramifications, then when those inevitably come to fruition you invariably come up with some WEF Illuminati BS. People who know what's going on with Israel do not like it. That has been true since long before 10/7, but 10/7 brought the issue to the forefront of American politics. Gen Z has a different view on the conflict than old people. That is not a global conspiracy against Jews run by y'all's favorite boogeyman Jew, Soros.

All of this has the potential to totally wreck Biden's candidacy so your insinuation that it is somehow anti-Trump in its origins makes no sense. This is similar to 1968 when the left wing of the Democratic party seemed hell bent on swinging the election to Nixon.
Yup. Very good comparison.

OK, Vespa, so why was MAGA so stupid in wanting to get rid of McCarthy & reduce the Pub majority (Hint: very easy answer(s))?

"I'm sure you've heard the news: House Democrats will ensure Mr. Mike Johnson remains Speaker of the House. That gavel isn't leaving his hands. Representative Marjorie Taylor Greene (R-GA) was prepping a motion to vacate, but even Republicans think that window has closed, as everyone on the Hill is shying away from antics that could create a circus.

It's not shocking this happened. Was Johnson going to be a better speaker than McCarthy? No, and it certainly didn't warrant McCarthy's ouster if this was the endgame."

I propose they stop embracing violence and terror, as a start.

The problem is that those two things are inseparable from their religion and culture.
There are millions of Muslims on this planet. They aren't all fighting for their independence in Gaza. Your assertion that this conflict is happening just because of who they are is insane(and obviously extremely bigoted). It's happening because of the specifics of the decades-long conflict over who controls the land in that area. Not because one side is Muslim. Christians and Hindus and Jews and everyone else are also violent and terroristic for their causes. I think fundamentalist Islam is as ridiculous as you do, but that doesn't mean the other side is in the right just because they aren't that. There's, you know, the actual facts to consider. (And just btw, you think some of the Zionist settlers aren't radical fundamentalist religious zealot terrorist nuts?)

We already have the laws to shut down the border. It's up to the executive branch to, you know, "execute" those laws. What does passing legislation have to do with it? LOL

This is the amusing part, how The Village Idiot can't comprehend we have all the border laws we need.

They are actually quite dense and extensive.

Enforce them and shut up about new legislation.

You're a broken record. There is no NEED for legislation. LOL The laws are already there. All that is lacking is the will by the Biden administration to make full use of them.

Please don't keep making me have to explain this.

He's like a toddler, covering his ears and wailing and gnashing his teeth.

Posts the same drivel every day, no matter how wrong he is.

Same as he did during covid, when he was scared to death of an upjumped China cold.

Reactions: mdlUK.1
Republicans should not lift a single finger to stop these lefty clowns from burning down their colleges.

They should spend every minute talking about how Biden is trying to illegally forgive their loans and covertly fund court cases to stop Biden’s illegal attempt at a trillion dollar vote buying scheme.

There are millions of Muslims on this planet. They aren't all fighting for their independence in Gaza. Your assertion that this conflict is happening just because of who they are is insane(and obviously extremely bigoted). It's happening because of the specifics of the decades-long conflict over who controls the land in that area. Not because one side is Muslim. Christians and Hindus and Jews and everyone else are also violent and terroristic for their causes. I think fundamentalist Islam is as ridiculous as you do, but that doesn't mean the other side is in the right just because they aren't that. There's, you know, the actual facts to consider. (And just btw, you think some of the Zionist settlers aren't radical fundamentalist religious zealot terrorist nuts?)
So why won't any muslin countries take in these wonderful residents of Gaza, since, you know, genocide and all.

Maybe because they also know exactly what a death cult that bunch is.

No clue what all you’re saying. Don’t care about whatever it is for trump either. What I can tell you tho, is these protestors have fallen for a lot of disinformation from TikTok. Iranian disinformation campaigns, probably Russia too..to cause chaos. They’re doing more than protesting a war…some of them are outright supporting Hamas, keeping Jews off campus that having nothing do with anything, waving hezzbollah flags, etc

Or are you under the impresssion disinformation is only a right wing phenomenon?

How many of them are protesting for the Kurds? What about the purges currently happening in Pakistan? Huh…wonder why

However, I do think it will help trump. The press is oblivious bc they support this type of disinformation, and Biden is worried about losing votes in Michigan in Tlaibs district
Ok since you go straight for the "disinformation" line lets clear some of it up that you're spewing yourself:

1) Students have been controlling access to campus sectors for everyone as part of the protests. Nowhere have they singled out or specified Jews, it's just made-up propaganda BS. "Disinformation". It is flat out not true and you are intentionally being an evil asshole spreading it. So take your "disinformation" and shove it.

2) They're protesting this and not those other current conflicts because those other examples aren't running modern apartheid states being funded and supplied by their own American government. I agree with you we need more activism and education about everything going on in the world, not just one topic. But as we've seen that education is sadly so lacking that the only places we even see significant engagement with this issue are the very centers of education themselves.

3) The press is run by the same establishment Biden represents. They're as aghast at these protests as y'all are. Not because they're Islamophobic like y'all, but because they think they're damaging to Biden. You're all paid and seduced by Israel though(each in their own unique ways, can get into how if required) to ignore their apartheid. Definitely the media too.

After all that, you're fine with Trump's spending. Got it.

I'll shut up when I stop hearing praise of Trump here & discussion of his trials.

Well, since you're a liberal, and have TDS, that's expected.

I will say, as I would to anyone triggered by such microaggressions as trumps legal cases being discussed, in a political thread, that if it's too triggering and you can't handle it, you could always log off, and not subject yourself to it.

Reactions: exemjr
We've had many exchanges here over the years. Sorry but you're just a dumb person. You're never correct about the underlying causes of anything. I, repeatedly, carefully lay out the current political climate and its ramifications, then when those inevitably come to fruition you invariably come up with some WEF Illuminati BS. People who know what's going on with Israel do not like it. That has been true since long before 10/7, but 10/7 brought the issue to the forefront of American politics. Gen Z has a different view on the conflict than old people. That is not a global conspiracy against Jews run by y'all's favorite boogeyman Jew, Soros.

Boy, you have a mighty high opinion of yourself.

What, may I ask, have you ever actually accomplished in life to have such a lofty opinion of yourself?

So why won't any muslin countries take in these wonderful residents of Gaza, since, you know, genocide and all.

Maybe because they also know exactly what a death cult that bunch is.
No, because they have a hard stance that they shouldn't be refugees in the first place. If Israel would stop taking their land they wouldn't be refugees. Almost Gaza's entire population are stateless, do you understand that? Why and what does that mean? Because Israel killed many of them and drove the rest out of their homes into a concentration camp known as Gaza. There to forever remain in limbo, having nowhere to go and no legal status. Want to attend a family wedding? Nope, sucks for you, you were born Palestinian. Israel says you have to stay in Gaza, not attend that wedding. Why? Because you were born Palestinian, not Jewish, that's why. Duh. Nothing about this is just and the depths to which you're sinking to attempt to defend it are revealing.

And again, What skin do any of these anarchists have in this war happening on the opposite side of the globe? Are they going to be drafted to fight in it? Well maybe, if it escalates into a World War like we're on the brink of due to the ineptitude of the Biden Administration. But that's NOT what these clowns are protesting and denying the civil rights of American Jews on their own college campuses over. Those Jewish students have no more control over what's happening over there as the morons protesting do. Again, if you want to bring awareness, there are other ways. acting like Nazi's and Terrorists isn't the way here in AMERICA!
They are peacefully protesting an apartheid regime. That is very American. As The Dude would say he spent his college years "occupying various administration buildings" in the 60s.

Apparently, many will.

Buy more votes, Uncle Joe.
Bout time!!!!!!!

What a wholesome atmosphere our college campuses have become. Truly a rich and diverse environment where all ideas are welcome, bastions of free speech. You’d be hard pressed to find a richer environment that promotes education and growth for our best and brightest. Makes me so proud I felt like sharing !!!

For one who claims to embrace reason and fact, you quickly turn a blind eye to both when reality intrudes.

Where is the predominantly Muslim society that allows religious minorities, but especially Jews, to have the same legal and social status as Muslims, Karl?

Sad news here locally:

So far, officials said at least four people have died in 30 suspected overdose cases. Initially, officials said the calls started between Sixth and Eighth streets, but the situation escalated to all parts of Austin.

What the hell has happened to this city?
Now up to 8 dead and over 50 calls. Narcan saved lives. Two in custody for distributing the illicit drugs. Investigation ongoing.

I would hope not, especially down in Florida. I would hope they would detain and hold them accountable to the maximum extent of the law, then not cut them any slack until they reveal the sources funding the outside agitators. Then I hope Florida starts going after those organizations.
This is the response everyone of those freaks should be prepared for 🍺

For one who claims to embrace reason and fact, you quickly turn a blind eye to both when reality intrudes.

Where is the predominantly Muslim society that allows religious minorities, but especially Jews, to have the same legal and social status as Muslims, Karl?
There are plenty of multicultural and multireligious majority Muslim places. None of them have hardly anything to do with the conflict in Israel/Palestine, other than a few periphery, knock-on effects. Thanks for illustrating my point.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT