POLITICAL THREAD

How will they rule ??!

• YES - Qualified

Votes: 41 82.0%
  • NO - Disqualified

Votes: 9 18.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
"The U.S. economy grew at 1.6 percent in the first quarter of 2024 according to the first advance estimate released by the Bureau of Economic Analysis (BEA) on Thursday morning, a significant slowdown from the fourth quarter of 2023 in which GDP increased 3.4 percent. Economists had expected GDP growth to slow in Q1 — but not this much — projecting around 2.5 percent"

Anyone looked at the stock market?
Stagflation on the way. Biden is a total disaster.

SMDH. For someone purportedly so smart with a Nobel Prize in Economics to his name, Paul Krugman says some of the most inane, stupid things day after day. Even on economics issues, he's wrong at least 75% of the time. When it comes to politics, he's so far up the Dems' butt that he regurgitates the talking point of the day without any hint of thinking about it. I mean, the guy is Jewish and he's supporting a political party whose more radical element is all about eradicating the Jewish nation and, if allowed, the Jewish people. And, yet he states that the hatred is coming from the Far Right? I mean, damn, it's a special kind of stupid to be that obtuse. Is sambowieshin also Paul Krugman?
One would hope that even someone as historically wrong as Krugman would have a change of heart at this point compared with that Tweet from 2019. I bet he would love to reel that one back in.

And now we know why they were never going to let an election truther win the governorship in Arizona. Not that it was some secret, but this confirms it.

1: didn’t want the steal to be exposed.

2: so they could move forward with more country-killing lawfare.

Buckle up. This summer is going to be hell.

Can you imagine a true-believer like Nightwish seeing lawfare in real-time and still be all in?

What new info came to light 3.5 years after the fact and 6.5 months ahead of the next election?

I’m curious as to which trump case @Nightwish84 thinks is legit? Or is it, “Just politics. Trump should get better lawyers.”

The same could be asked of the poster. That crap is stupid and reductionist. Advocating for punching trans people is not normal or reasonable discourse and shouldn't just be brushed off. Just like casual racism a few decades ago.
But it's OK for your boy Joe Biden to talk about punching Donald Trump in the face. If you leftists aren't throwing bricks & Molotov cocktails at police you're talking about punching Donald Trump in the face. Such violence.

8o0cut.jpg

Not if the inflation rate continues to increase. Plus the fed does not pencil in rate cuts down the road. It uses data, not political pressure. A lot of folks are doing some wishful thinking. Austin Goolsby said this recently.

Make sure to let Goolsby or others on the board and elsewhere, continue to do your thinking for you dumbass. Perhaps he can also run your businesses for you since he's seldom posting in The Paddock. 🤣

Based on history I was very skeptical. Turns out although Powell was late to raise, he got it done. The bond market itself is so liquid, it's actually done much of the work for the Fed. As far as the next step, the first rate cuts are expected in March as the 10-year bond is down below 4%.

Thankfully Jusslies32 has been awol for a while. As the 10yr pops to above 5%......I am reminded. Every time economic data gets released I continue to recall his calling me a dumbass for stating that essentially we were not going to see rate reductions anytime soon.

Stagflation is a real threat. Buckle up.

"The U.S. economy grew at 1.6 percent in the first quarter of 2024 according to the first advance estimate released by the Bureau of Economic Analysis (BEA) on Thursday morning, a significant slowdown from the fourth quarter of 2023 in which GDP increased 3.4 percent. Economists had expected GDP growth to slow in Q1 — but not this much — projecting around 2.5 percent"

Anyone looked at the stock market?
Yes.

My huge stake in ORI lost about 1%. Banks getting hammered, except my shares of DB.

KDP looking good. :cool:

We'll be fine, despite Biden.

Reactions: mdlUK.1
Only because his insurrection was a failure like almost everything he touches. It wasn't for lack of trying.
You probably think because an attempted murder failed they shouldn't be charged.
Have you been drinking already today? Please tell me you are just drunk.

Reactions: mdlUK.1
Yes.

My huge stake in ORI lost about 1%. Banks getting hammered, except my shares of DB.

KDP looking good. :cool:

We'll be fine, despite Biden.
Good FOR you. Not everyone his having the same experience nor taking today well.

Last edited:
Only because his insurrection was a failure like almost everything he touches. It wasn't for lack of trying.
You probably think because an attempted murder failed they shouldn't be charged.
You say everything that he touches is a failure. Are you talking about the fact that Trump gave us

1. Record low unemployment among blacks, with record high incomes, with almost no inflation
2. Record low unemployment among Hispanics, with record high incomes, with almost no inflation
3. 6,000,000 fewer people living in poverty compared to when he took over for Obama/Biden
4. Incomes growing at an 8x faster pace than under Obama/Biden, with almost no inflation
5. Brokered 4 peace deals in the middle east
6. Peace in Israel
7. Peace in Ukraine
NOW, What were you saying about everything that he touches turns into a failure?

If he had any mental capacity, he'd agree. As it, it's all red meat for his left with zero chance of happening. What will happen though if Biden is re-elected - or elected the first time per MAGA - is that rates will return to pre-Trump as well as bringing back more complicated tax returns due to need to itemize again.

You say everything that he touches is a failure. Are you talking about the fact that Trump gave us

1. Record low unemployment among blacks, with record high incomes, with almost no inflation
2. Record low unemployment among Hispanics, with record high incomes, with almost no inflation
3. 6,000,000 fewer people living in poverty compared to when he took over for Obama/Biden
4. Incomes growing at an 8x faster pace than under Obama/Biden, with almost no inflation
5. Brokered 4 peace deals in the middle east
6. Peace in Israel
7. Peace in Ukraine
NOW, What were you saying about everything that he touches turns into a failure?
You only gave facts for the first portion of Trump's term. Ya completely left off the entire last portion. 🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣
His final numbers are worst since Great Depression.

How do have an insurrection these days w/o weapons & numbers? Just curious.
By deploying lawyers onto Fox News willing to lie about election results, employing talking heads on Fox News willing to repeat the lies, using fake electors in swing states, pressuring a sitting Vice President to disregard the electoral college vote and Constitution, calling state/local officials and asking them to "find" votes for you, using social media to strong arm congressional members to repeat your lies, and inciting a violent riot that puts pressure on Congress to disregard the Constitution and send everything back to Republican friendly state election boards.
It was an ATTEMPTED insurrection that only failed because of a few good men and women.

• Haha
Reactions: jayhovah
Despite cries from the far right not to.

It seems like we've been trending down for almost 25 years.

Either way, the point stands that the US can only "lead" on this for so long, before India and China cancel out our efforts. At that point, are we going to crush our economy just to say "first!" on global warming? No thanks.

Get the rest of the world on board first.

Did Trump leave when he was supposed to?
He ran a giant plot explicitly to try to not. It's so heinous it's been beyond unthinkable for our entire country's history, literally centuries. No matter how bad things got, war, depression, disease, even a pitting of brother against brother, we never gave up our ideals and succumbed to the allure of power. Trump and MAGA did though. The most unAmerican, least patriotic group we've ever had in the history of our country.

Can you imagine a true-believer like Nightwish seeing lawfare in real-time and still be all in?

What new info came to light 3.5 years after the fact and 6.5 months ahead of the next election?

I’m curious as to which trump case @Nightwish84 thinks is legit? Or is it, “Just politics. Trump should get better lawyers.”
Timing is a lame thing to be critical of. If it had happened immediately you would have said it was rushed. How about addressing the actual substance of the charges instead of obfuscating?

Reactions: Stan the caddy
Last edited:
You only gave facts for the first portion of Trump's term. Ya completely left off the entire last portion. 🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣
His final numbers are worst since Great Depression.

Dude.... Why gaslight? Nobody here is that stupid. Give it a rest.

"During the first three years of Donald Trump’s presidency, the economy did quite well. The unemployment rate hit a 50-year low, income growth doubled, and the economic expansion he inherited grew into the longest in American history.

But that all came to a shrieking halt when COVID-19 hit."

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT