POLITICAL THREAD

How will they rule ??!

• YES - Qualified

Votes: 41 82.0%
  • NO - Disqualified

Votes: 9 18.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Oh, yeah? That bill was signed a while ago. Can you point to one massive infrastructure project or upgrade yet?

I mean something big. Hoover dam, new interstate, anything?
Why are your panties in a wad? I'm not keeping a list. Why do I need to? I just said the money was authorized vs. the claim of nothing being authorized for infrastructure. That's demonstrably false as I noted.

Which massive government projects in the last 25 years have been finished in less than 10 years from funding? I know the new Ky-Cincy bridge that was funded to $2B early this year isn't expected to complete till 2029 which probably means 2031-32.

Reactions: trueblujr2
Damn. 🤡 🙄

FyZ144paQAA3ZIj

It’s all part of the “reset.” huge spike in goods and services creating huge shock effect, then after a while prices fall back and plateau, but still much higher than before the shock and awe, but giving consumers some feeling of relief. a shell game.

What do you imagine was the cause of inflation?

I certainly can. I have a confession-your arguments are so silly I almost feel guilty making fun of them..but..not for long ;-)

In the first place you are using Bill as something of an authority because you posted his entire monologue. I'd never post a Rush Limbaugh monologue, (unless I was ridiculing him or his ditto heads) no matter what incidental points he might make with which I agree.

In the second place, Bill Maher is a freaking old, rich, white (half Jewish) ENTERTAINER. Not only that, his "shtick" if you will, is going against the grain of political correctness. It's right there in his show titles. His work is funny, and like with many great comedians, Is littered with examples of truth that resonate with his audience. That said, I would look to Bill for political insights the same way I listen to Howard Stern for a guide on Sexual Behavior. That is to say...with a grain or two of salt.

But now the biggest hole in your Titanic of an argument, The clip you posted was a monologue. That means no one is going to challenge him or push back on any particular claim. In this monologue, he's using the word "woke" in the same way conservatives use it-as a pejorative attack, void of actual definition or historical context. What would Bill say if someone were to ask him to define woke in say, an actual argument, or even a. court of law. Best case, he might give anecdotal answers on how he thinks woke people behave. (e.g. tearing down statues of Abraham Lincoln) but at the end of the day, he doesn't want to address the racial/social justice meanings of the word, nor the historical context of the word which speak specifically to systemic racism.

Ya know I’m kinda surprised you or your handful of lib pals haven’t addressed the racist I-95 overpass collapse in Philly on here yet. I mean after all that’s in a significant black part of Philly where it went down and haven’t seen Buttigieg demand outrage yet or you guys 🍺

They can build that thing back within a month or so if they do what Atlanta did back in 2017 and cut the BS redtape and allow the contractors and engineers to get in there immediately and get to work. Believe the state of GA dangled a nice bonus over the contractors head that got bigger the quicker they got it done. What do you know, they had I85 back open in less than 2 months. Well ahead of schedule.

This type ^ of ignorance is both frustrating and hard to believe. That some people think the higher the tax rates, automatically the more $ you can make. It's a well known economics fact that tax revenue when graphed vs tax rate is in an upsidedown U shaped curve. Obviously is the tax rate is 0%, the tax revenue is 0. If the tax rate is very low, say 1%, then the tax revenue is also very low. On the other end if the tax rate is 100%, then tax revenue would also be 0 because there would be no incentive to try and earn $. And if it were very high, say 99%, then the tax revenue would still be very low.
Many people believe that most tax rates, are past the peak of that upsidedown U. Now there are exceptions, because of the many many tax loopholes in the 75,000+ pages of tax code/regulations/rulings/caselaw that have been written much with the intent to create these loopholes for a very small subset of people.

This type ^ of ignorance is both frustrating and hard to believe. That some people think the higher the tax rates, automatically the more $ you can make. It's a well known economics fact that tax revenue when graphed vs tax rate is in an upsidedown U shaped curve. Obviously is the tax rate is 0%, the tax revenue is 0. If the tax rate is very low, say 1%, then the tax revenue is also very low. On the other end if the tax rate is 100%, then tax revenue would also be 0 because there would be no incentive to try and earn $. And if it were very high, say 99%, then the tax revenue would still be very low.
Many people believe that most tax rates, are past the peak of that upsidedown U. Now there are exceptions, because of the many many tax loopholes in the 75,000+ pages of tax code/regulations/rulings/caselaw that have been written much with the intent to create these loopholes for a very small subset of people.
Like the billionaire? 🤣

Reactions: MadaboutBlue
Well, it doesn't say "Constitutional Republic" either.

Democracy has a technical meaning -- everybody votes for everything -- and a colloquial one: we vote for our leaders.
"I pledge allegiance to the flag of the United States of America, and to the REPUBLIC for which it stands, One nation under God, Indivisible, with liberty and Justice for all."

Don't see the word in there either.

We are a Republic that operates with a Binding Constitution, hence forth we are a Constitutional Republic.

Nobody ever claimed warming was going to be always upward. When the Pacific is in a La Nina phase, warming eases. Look up a graph of temps over the past hundred or so year. There's fluctuations, but the trend is upward. Dramatically upward.
And I guess sacrificing a few thousand kids in African Lithium mines is a small price to pay to curb this perceived climate calamity.

The President that you voted for displayed a flag celebrating the literal people in that video.

You are a lost soul. The worst part is reading these lies you tell yourself about what you support.
The Dodgers just honored a bunch of evil statanic Trannies at one of their ball games. The City of San Fran gave the same group an award. Cities all across the country are having festivals and parades all this month celebrating this debauchery. Louisville will be holding theirs this coming weekend. Seems to me like the debauchery is being celebrated and forced upon society.

Maher is a classic liberal with common sense. He is NOT one of them.
He was at one point until the woke nonsense of the past few years escalated to the point of absurdity. He was all in on Hillary and Biden, but I think the surge in absurdity caused him to actually draw his line in the sand. something many of the so called progressives have no intention of doing. I now put Maher in the category with guys like Joe Rogan, Russel Brand, etc. I feel like those guys could stay true to their being Democrats while eschewing the nonsense by backing RFK Jr.

Very few Liberals are ok with videos like that. Saying all liberals feel that way is no different than saying all Republicans are Nazis or racists because some are.
Yet you vote for people who ARE in favor of those things. This makes them think you are for it too. Why not vote Republican for a while until we can clear this shit up. By then, there will be a moderate Democrat that I can vote for. Seems like our pool of candidates is coming from the polar opposites of the political spectrum. More so than it used to be.

I'm old so I can use adages. Be careful what you wish for, you just might get it. You have to see that the current administration is causing what might be irreparable harm to our country. Help us straighten things out. It won't mean that we'll become a theocracy. It will mean that we'll come back the Constitution and the ideas and ideals it was founded on.

People can be gay. People can dress any way they want. This is America. What people can't do is force other people to have the same beliefs they do, or to accept a lie as truth. No one can force another to discard their innate sense of self worth. My opinions are just as important to me as yours are to you. Neither of us get to take the others away, because, this is America.

When I was younger there was a saying about America. "united we stand, divided we fall". You may have heard it. There's even a song. There are forces at play that are keeping us at each other's throats while they steal both of our horses. We are stronger than they are but only if we work together, with a purpose, the same as they do. They are organized, we have dudes dancing naked for children to deal with.

Come on man! Join me and help me MAAAA! Make America American America Again!

The Dodgers just honored a bunch of evil statanic Trannies at one of their ball games. The City of San Fran gave the same group an award. Cities all across the country are having festivals and parades all this month celebrating this debauchery. Louisville will be holding theirs this coming weekend. Seems to me like the debauchery is being celebrated and forced upon society.
Then, they had a player remind everyone that Christian fan day, or something, was on the calendar, as well. As if that balanced having trans bigot day at the ballpark. Maybe they should find a group that mocks trans satanists and atheists and celebrate THAT group.

He was at one point until the woke nonsense of the past few years escalated to the point of absurdity. He was all in on Hillary and Biden, but I think the surge in absurdity caused him to actually draw his line in the sand. something many of the so called progressives have no intention of doing. I now put Maher in the category with guys like Joe Rogan, Russel Brand, etc. I feel like those guys could stay true to their being Democrats while eschewing the nonsense by backing RFK Jr.
He was accepted and celebrated as one of them, but when they went bonkers for even him, he had not yet folded to alphabet cult.

Well there you have it.

Now that Bill is an acceptable source of political authority on the right, why not post samples his 30 years of attacking and excoriating Republican policies and behaviors, including very recently saying that they are acting and talking like Nazis, ridiculing Trump and MAGA nation for acting like "Ding Dongs" on January 6th, calling for the imprisonment of the seditious traitors on January 6th? Or how about his ridiculing Religious Conservatives and outright mocking of Republicans for for playing the "persecuted Christian Card?"

Or did you just want to pick and choose a random isolated sequence that supports your narrow agenda?
You see, that's where you liberals lose your credibility, because you have the inability to think, listen and reason for yourself. We don't agree with every word Maher says. it's not an all or none thing like you liberals do with your media. we can admit when somebody like Maher makes sense, but we can also deride him when he doesn't. just becuase he makes good points on one topic doesn't mean he's now a voice for the right. That's just nonsense.

What evidence do you have that these guys aren't staffers for any number of closeted gay senators or congressional representatives? Or are you under the illusion that only liberals are gay? I don't endorse their behavior but your total failure of rhetorical skills means that you have to resort to anecdotal evidence to attack fellow posters.

Are the guys in the video clowns? Sure. But if you want to talk about obscene, let's go back to Ronald Reagans tax cuts for the richest Americans that are still chiseling away at the Middle Class, Or maybe Mitch McConnells life long campaign to equate money with "Free Speech" to ensure most of the posters on this board never have a real voice in our government. Or how about the Bush/Cheney/Rummy war on weapons of mass destruction that never existed? Or Donald's Trumps war on American Democracy by claiming to win an election for which he has produced to this day, no viable evidence.

Now those are all truly obscene!
Way to absolutely not answer the question at hand. I'll just put you down for advocating for lewd behavior in front of children.

Reactions: Lost In FL
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT