POLITICAL THREAD

How will they rule ??!

• YES - Qualified

Votes: 41 82.0%
  • NO - Disqualified

Votes: 9 18.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
I posted this in GYERO, but an armed lunatic showed up in front of my kids school in body armor. Kentucky has no red flag laws. Y’all know I’m conservative, but it is flat out insane we can’t at least take these losers’ guns away. My question is - especially for you guys who think lunatics should be able to own guns - what do you want me to do with this guy?
You know where they are going with the red flag laws, right? Do you think they forgot about pushing your pcp to ask about gun ownership during checkups? I mean that was a decade ago during Obama so maybe that's in the rearview now.

If you trust government to not abuse it's power, i guess support away Wayne.

What would lead you to believe that the government will get it right this time?

Hell, the uk is banning ****ing knives and won't address the real problems.

Go ahead compromise. They'll stop, be appeased and never comeback for more.

Have you noticed that in addition to the "weapons of war" phrasing they are also working in "semi automatic" into the conversation? They are coming and they are coming hard.(edit: that's what she said)

I posted this in GYERO, but an armed lunatic showed up in front of my kids school in body armor. Kentucky has no red flag laws. Y’all know I’m conservative, but it is flat out insane we can’t at least take these losers’ guns away. My question is - especially for you guys who think lunatics should be able to own guns - what do you want me to do with this guy?

In just body armor? If it could be interpreted as threatening, that amounts to a few different misdemeanors and potentially a felony or two. Probably violations of federal law as well.

If the person has emotional health issues, there can be a warrantless arrest for a 72 hour hold to evaluate.

If there was a family member or love interest there, there could be an epo/dvo issued which would prevent them owning a gun.

Most every state, including ky, already has ample laws to handle these situations. The problem is finding the family, friends, or loved ones willing to do the hard thing and make the call

You 100% nailed it. The state has 22 million residents, plenty of jobs and is family friendly. The only thing that would cause a huge change in Florida would be the outlawing of air conditioning. Take out AC and you would see a mass exodus back to the Northland. But even those folks would be back after Thanksgiving, then leave again after Easter.
Where in the hell do people think Disney would relocate that is blue and would offer what Florida does as far as weather and other recreational advantages?

They’re never, ever leaving. Unless there are enough idiots to prop up a New England magic kingdom.

They should have never picked a fight with him.

Reactions: Lost In FL
In just body armor? If it could be interpreted as threatening, that amounts to a few different misdemeanors and potentially a felony or two. Probably violations of federal law as well.

If the person has emotional health issues, there can be a warrantless arrest for a 72 hour hold to evaluate.

If there was a family member or love interest there, there could be an epo/dvo issued which would prevent them owning a gun.

Most every state, including ky, already has ample laws to handle these situations. The problem is finding the family, friends, or loved ones willing to do the hard thing and make the call
...or a DA and judge to apply the law.

• Love
Reactions: bigblueinsanity
Protect your child.

As the saying goes, I didn't leave the Democrat party, they left me. And burnt rubber at 130 MPH in doing so.
You've a strange idea of the Democratic Party. Have you ever actually gone to a party function and met the people you're talking about? We were at a fund raiser this evening and a nicer group would be hard to imagine.

You've a strange idea of the Democratic Party. Have you ever actually gone to a party function and met the people you're talking about? We were at a fund raiser this evening and a nicer group would be hard to imagine.
Bullshit. Prove it. Names videos, etc.

New Mortgage rate structure, LOL!!

740 or higher FICO: 1% Surcharge, 15-20% down
679 or Lower FICO: 1.75% Fee Discount, 5% down or less.
Plus pay a much higher interest rate and very expensive PMI. Don't act like it is easier or cheaper to borrow money with bad credit, because it is not.

I really miss the days of democrats arguing against unjust and forever wars.

What happened to them? Now, they are worse than Bush-Cheney neo-cons.
Lots of Democrats objected to Iraq. And making a sweeping statement doesn't make it so.

People acting like Florida will go broke if Disney leaves, haven't paid attention. If Disney left tomorrow, the only thing that would change would be Disney left. Everything would continue on as usual. Except Disney.

Disney had a valid contract with the state of Florida.

No State shall enter into any Treaty, Alliance, or Confederation; grant Letters of Marque and Reprisal; coin Money; emit Bills of Credit; make any Thing but gold and silver Coin a Tender in Payment of Debts; pass any Bill of Attainder, ex post facto Law, or Law impairing the Obligation of Contracts, or grant any Title of Nobility.

Good news you sheep! Trump's new health care plan is to give Congress till next year to come up with a plan. And when they fail miserably he will tell have his people to spend 4 more years trying to come up with a plan. So he plans to at some point have people plan out a plan. Lmao! 4D chess.
21wddb82y3va1.png

Yeah bc ppl that want you to give them money are generally mean. Lol

Let me guess, a lot of, we'll make a difference for ppl we know nothing about, haven't considered any nuance to anything, and any disagreement is actually bc those other ppl are awful not bc they have a different experience

Yeah bc ppl that want you to give them money are generally mean. Lol

Let me guess, a lot of, we'll make a difference for ppl we know nothing about, haven't considered any nuance to anything, and any disagreement is actually bc those other ppl are awful not bc they have a different experience
So, no

This was mocked by 2 posters. Neither of whom backed up their yocks.
FDR's policies unnecessarily extended the depression much longer than it would've been. Just bc we finally came out of it doesn't mean he turned it around. Actually he didnt even end it, the war did. He did guide us thru the war, so credit for that for sure. I'm sure it was hard to look bad when hitler, mousilinni, and Stalin existed. Pre-war tho he's recorded as admiring economic fascism, the term fascism wasn't the catch all for "everything I don't like" it is now or what it was when the war started. He himself was considered somewhat of a tyrant you know bc breaking norms and trying to be president forever, trying to pack the court and put friends on it, poll intimidation, buying off newspapers, refusing to acknowledge checks and balances, not allowing the other branches of govt to individually function, ignoring the constitution, eliminating other power functions withing the govt and giving them to himself, etc etc etc etc. But hey we're still paying for some of these welfare programs today so win I guess. And of course to return to the original question...if ww2 doesn't happen, what's his legacy? I mean I get it, the left loves monarchy and needs direction on how to live daily life.

LBJ...congrats on the Vietnam War

FDR's policies unnecessarily extended the depression much longer than it would've been. Just bc we finally came out of it doesn't mean he turned it around. Actually he didnt even end it, the war did. He did guide us thru the war, so credit for that for sure. I'm sure it was hard to look bad when hitler, mousilinni, and Stalin existed. Pre-war tho he's recorded as admiring economic fascism, the term fascism wasn't the catch all for "everything I don't like" it is now or what it was when the war started. He himself was considered somewhat of a tyrant you know bc breaking norms and trying to be president forever, trying to pack the court and put friends on it, poll intimidation, buying off newspapers, refusing to acknowledge checks and balances, not allowing the other branches of govt to individually function, ignoring the constitution, eliminating other power functions withing the govt and giving them to himself, etc etc etc etc. But hey we're still paying for some of these welfare programs today so win I guess. And of course to return to the original question...if ww2 doesn't happen, what's his legacy? I mean I get it, the left loves monarchy and needs direction on how to live daily life.

LBJ...congrats on the Vietnam War

And the Japanese internment camps. Great guy. 👍

LBJ. 🤣

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT