POLITICAL THREAD

How will they rule ??!

• YES - Qualified

Votes: 41 82.0%
  • NO - Disqualified

Votes: 9 18.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
And if a man has sex with his twin brother is it gay or is he just really narcissistic?

Are you asking why can't a brother marry his sister? Why does the argument have to shift to the absurd?
Some people think gay marriage is absurd and killing babies is absurd but, we are being told now that it is acceptable. Who are you to tell anyone that they can't marry their sister? BTW I don't agree with it myself but, if you are going to allow one why not the other?

To most people two men marrying each other is just as absurd as siblings marrying.
Normal is whatever we allow it to be.

How can you raise taxes when spending is out of control. It is like giving more alcohol to an alcoholic in the hopes that he would stop drinking. Just absurd.
My plan is to require taxes to equal spending. If you are voting for spending then you have to vote for the taxes to support that spending. Voting for spending is easy, voting for taxes is not easy. It requires that congress take responsibility for whatever spending they see fit.
Hell, who knows? Perhaps they cut so much spending that taxes can be cut on the first go around...
In essence I'm taking away their credit card. If they want to spend more then they will have to face the political consequences of the tax hikes required to pay for that spending and not kick the can down the road for the next generation to pay.
If you chose to go to war then we must all sacrifice to pay for that war. That is what we used to do and what we should do today.
We will see where their true priorities lay.

My plan is to require taxes to equal spending. If you are voting for spending then you have to vote for the taxes to support that spending. Voting for spending is easy, voting for taxes is not easy. It requires that congress take responsibility for whatever spending they see fit.
Hell, who knows? Perhaps they cut so much spending that taxes can be cut on the first go around...
In essence I'm taking away their credit card. If they want to spend more then they will have to face the political consequences of the tax hikes required to pay for that spending and not kick the can down the road for the next generation to pay.
If you chose to go to war then we must all sacrifice to pay for that war. That is what we used to do and what we should do today.
We will see where their true priorities lay.
War is not the only area in which we are spending way too much on and, kicking the can has been going on for a long time now and so has raising taxes. Stop raising taxes and make them cut in able to meet the payments and perhaps we can get back on track. Does a parent continue to give money to a child that spends all its money on stuff it does not need or do they start reeling them in when the credit cards get unmanagable.

1. I certainly doubt if you were on an expat assignment somewhere in Mexico that you were working with the illegal alien demographic. I didn't say it wasn't hard or there weren't hoops to jump through. There are reasons it's difficult though. We can't just hand any poor asshole who wants to drop a baby on American soil a green card. But that's effectively what we're doing now.

2. I guess to take a page from the left's book...you are a bigot. It's really that simple. You can rationalize it however you want. But why should gay people get certain rights that brothers and sisters don't get? Or is it, you're taking rights away from brothers and sisters and moms and dads? I lose track of the ways the left rationalizes keeping the federal government in marriage, but discriminating against a group of people they don't agree with.
What is the "illegal alien demographic"?

Also, nice straw-man. Gay people can't marry their brothers, sisters, mothers or fathers either. I've yet to hear any group request the ability to do so.

War is not the only area in which we are spending way too much on and, kicking the can has been going on for a long time now and so has raising taxes. Stop raising taxes and make them cut in able to meet the payments and perhaps we can get back on track. Does a parent continue to give money to a child that spends all its money on stuff it does not need or do they start reeling them in when the credit cards get unmanagable.
I don't care if you cut spending to the level of taxation or raise taxation to the level of spending.
BTW, federal tax rates are at near modern day lows. The feds aren't in charge of your state tax, sales tax, property tax, etc bills. Take those issues up with the officials at the appropriate level.

What is the "illegal alien demographic"?

Also, nice straw-man. Gay people can't marry their brothers, sisters, mothers or fathers either. I've yet to hear any group request the ability to do so.
I don't think that was his point. If you allow marriage in that context why not allow marriage for anyone who wants to get married. Who gets to draw the line? The arguement made by some before was that Christians were the driving force behind no gay marriages, now that that is going by the way side, you are now telling other people that it is absurd to want to marry siblings. Why do you get to say no to that?

What socioeconomic class of people were you working with? Dirt poor people willing to risk their lives to cross into the country illegally? Drug smugglers?

And LOL at "gay people can't marry their brothers..." as a reason to argue against incest. You do realize that is the exact same argument that's made as to way gay people shouldn't be able to get married correct? "I'm straight, but I can't marry a man. We all have the same rights."

I don't care if you cut spending to the level of taxation or raise taxation to the level of spending.
BTW, federal tax rates are at near modern day lows. The feds aren't in charge of your state tax, sales tax, property tax, etc bills. Take those issues up with the officials at the appropriate level.
If they are near modern day lows lets cut spending to match it is all many of us are saying. Why is that so hard to understand. Why is the left so hell bent on taxing more?

People will also remember that in the past 50 years there has only been one president produce a budget surplus...last name was Clinton.

Yep, if his term hadn't ran out pets.com would still be booming today. I can't believe there aren't statues of BC and Robert Rubin all across Silicon Valley. GWB created the crazy growth of Apple and Google in the 2000s, right?

I just find discussion about "issues" and POTUS elections kind of funny. The question that Obama dominated Romney in exit polling was about which candidate cared more about them. Pretty much every issue-oriented favored Romney slightly or were toss-ups. The average voter can't name the three branches of govt much less vett candidates and positions. Why do you think the Dems are fighting for automatic voter registration, no IDs, felon voting rights, Rock the Vote, etc etc etc. Pew stats showed voters followed political issues LESS after the financial crisis. They want populistic grandstanding and they get it in spades.

The whole raise taxes issue is the biggest bunch of crap I have ever heard. How much more should the government take from me to spend on others? Fact is our government has a serious spending problem. Many US citizens have a serious entitlement problem. The problem lies with both sides. Making me or someone else pay 5% more in taxes is not going to solve those problems.

The argument will be debated until we are all dead because the way our political system in Washington is setup now really gives me zero hope they will ever get the spending problem under control. The whole system is corrupt and nobody running for POTUS in 2016 is going to fix it.

Reactions: Mashburned
If they are near modern day lows lets cut spending to match it is all many of us are saying. Why is that so hard to understand. Why is the left so hell bent on taxing more?
The problem is both the left and right have spending wants and compromise by passing the spending without the funding. Everyone can talk about cutting spending but agreeing to what spending that gets cut is the difficult piece.

I'm calling for political fiscal responsibility. Not sure how you could disagree.

I am trying to find the story/video but the best example about voters is from one of the 2012 debate where a independent young guy asks a question about jobs and after the debate they ask him about which candidate impressed him. He proceeds to assign Romney's near exact answer as coming from Obama and state he would probably vote for him as a result.

Why can a man marry a man, but a brother can't marry his brother?
I think the shift in public opinion on gay marriage is behind the Supreme Court inching closer to legalizing gay marriage. If support for incest ever cracks 50% you could make your argument. You might as well be asking why can't a cowboy marry his horse.

I am trying to find the story/video but the best example about voters is from one of the 2012 debate where a independent young guy asks a question about jobs and after the debate they ask him about which candidate impressed him. He proceeds to assign Romney's near exact answer as coming from Obama and state he would probably vote for him as a result.
You really want to go there? I think we can find plenty of idiots representing most all political views.

I think the shift in public opinion on gay marriage is behind the Supreme Court inching closer to legalizing gay marriage. If support for incest ever cracks 50% you could make your argument. You might as well be asking why can't a cowboy marry his horse.

Ahhhhhh. Got it. So Constitutional rights should be predicated on whether or not the majority wants to grant those rights to the minority.

Any reasons why a man should be able to marry a man but a brother shouldn't be able to marry his brother other than "because the majority would like to oppress that group"?

Gary Johnson got less than 1%....if only he could replicate his success on catpaw with "moderates" that only post liberal opinions. Liberalitarians? I need to copyright that.

Ahhhhhh. Got it. So Constitutional rights should be predicated on whether or not the majority wants to grant those rights to the minority.

Any reasons why a man should be able to marry a man but a brother shouldn't be able to marry his brother other than "because the majority would like to oppress that group"?
That's the way it works sometimes. The 14th amendment was passed in 1868 and guaranteed equal protection to all citizens but it took another 100+ years to be enforced.
Perhaps whenever gay siblings start to ask for the right to marry they'll start to garner popular support. As for now you have a cause without a need or want.

They weren't exactly the best, rather boring. Point was when Republicans nominated those to the right of those listed, they won. Pointing this out because Fuzz said Republicans needed to nominate a Moderate.

In my lifetime all the Republican presidents were what I would generally categorize as right/center - Eisenhower, Nixon, Ford (unelected), G H W Bush, G W Bush, the only exception is Regan but he raised taxes and greatly increased deficits so I'm not sure he could be truly called right wing either.

The only true right wing conservative that ran for the Republicans that I can recall was Goldwater who was trounced by Johnson.

On the other side of the fence, the lefties have fared no better - George McGovern and Mondale come to mind. They were both hammered.

The problem is that the right wing wishes to impose their mores on everyone else.

Yeah, I guess that's a big problem.

I mean, I guess it's a problem if you aren't the one imposing your mores on everyone else.

Fairly hypocritical, I'd say.

Deee's conceptualization of the left/right spectrum is the greatest bit of running comedy in this thread.

Yes, public opinion has a lot of sway. Society deems what's acceptable and what is not is the best answer I can give you. Your question is absurd and rhetorical - circular reasoning at it's best. If you want to compare incest with gay marriage it's your right, but it's also demeaning to the LGBT community.

The question is in no way rhetorical. And it seems your answer is the majority should be able to oppress the minority. That's disturbing.

If me thinking the government shouldn't discriminate against people in marriage laws offends the LGBT community, then they are a bunch of goddam bigoted idiots.

As has been the point all along, if you think gay marriage is fine, but you draw the line at incest or polygamy, you carry the same level of bigotry as someone who is against gay marriage.

Reactions: P19978
Deee's conceptualization of the left/right spectrum is the greatest bit of running comedy in this thread.
A constant over the 10+ years of this thread.... but it gives a little insight into his "moderate" self-title.

As has been the point all along, if you think gay marriage is fine, but you draw the line at incest or polygamy, you carry the same level of bigotry as someone who is against gay marriage.

Exactly. Can't redraw lines in the sand when it doesn't fit the other's narrative.

Yes, I support marriage rights for LGBT. And I am against incest. I let let your comments speak for themselves.

Last edited:
Reactions: fuzz77
Yeah, I guess that's a big problem.

I mean, I guess it's a problem if you aren't the one imposing your mores on everyone else.

Fairly hypocritical, I'd say.
Policies to allow people the liberty to make decisions and choices on their own is in no way imposing mores on everyone else. Conservatives say they want govt out of people's lives yet they want the govt to dictate behaviors which they don't approve.

The question is in no way rhetorical. And it seems your answer is the majority should be able to oppress the minority. That's disturbing.

If me thinking the government shouldn't discriminate against people in marriage laws offends the LGBT community, then they are a bunch of goddam bigoted idiots.

There are actual biological reasons to prohibit incest between male/female family members. If gay family members want to marry, it's no sweat off of my balls. Hell, if betrothed family members want to marry and at least one of the two is willing to be sterilized...go for it. I've already stated that I have no problem with polygamy.

Yes, I support marriage rights for LGBT. And I am against incest. I let let your comments speak for themselves.

Applaud your efforts to recognize gay marriage. But we don't have that right to define the capacity two consenting adults do with each other. If you're gonna stick up for the LGBT, make sure you don't leave out those incestuous families who have to live in fear because they cannot come out and tell society because of how they will be perceived. That's a shame. I'd hate for any incestuous families to have to live in the same fear as gays and lesbians had to endure while getting their rights to marry. These are good incestuous families who are tax payers and they should have the same tax rights as gays and lesbians.

Yes, public opinion has a lot of sway. Society deems what's acceptable and what is not is the best answer I can give you. Your question is absurd and rhetorical - circular reasoning at it's best. If you want to compare incest with gay marriage it's your right, but it's also demeaning to the LGBT community.
Now this post epotomizes hypocrisy. Why is it demeaning to the LGBT community? Because it is considered taboo by you and others? However, if they love each other, should they not have that right? Afterall, was not homosexuallity considered taboo as well? The left crows about the Christian right trying to impose their will while all the long telling everyone that you must adopt their way of thinking or you are a racist, bigoted, uneducated redneck, domestic terrorist, homophobic trouble maker.

Last edited:
Policies to allow people the liberty to make decisions and choices on their own is in no way imposing mores on everyone else. Conservatives say they want govt out of people's lives yet they want the govt to dictate behaviors which they don't approve.
Only when you agree with the policies. This line of thinking is no different than the way the right thinks about gay marriage and the left blast them for it.

There are actual biological reasons to prohibit incest between male/female family members. If gay family members want to marry, it's no sweat off of my balls. Hell, if betrothed family members want to marry and at least one of the two is willing to be sterilized...go for it. I've already stated that I have no problem with polygamy.
There are also more health concerns to consider when engaging in gay sex than heterosexaul sex as well but, it is allowed with two consenting adults. Hypocrisy knows no bounds with liberals.

For the record, my position comes solely from a tax perspective. And the fact that I love pointing out the stupidity of the left's gay marriage position.

There is absolutely zero logic involved in an argument that says a man and a man should be able to get married, but if those two men are brothers or father and son, they should no longer be able to get married. "Well they might have blue babies." Ha yeah, it's about the kids. Should drug addicts be prevented from getting married because the kids might be unhealthy? Obese people? Bigotry is all it is.

It's 100% as "bigoted" (as the gay marriage proponents would say) as being against gay marriage. Period. You think the majority should be able to oppress the minority you disagree with.

So yes, I think if I have a wealthy client who is a man, he should be able to marry his son if they love each other. Or his daughter. Or both. And enjoy the spousal exemption from the gift and estate taxes. So long as the federal government feels the need to discriminate against/if favor based on marital status, I don't think we should discriminate against anyone based on marital status.

Only when you agree with the policies. This line of thinking is no different than the way the right thinks about gay marriage and the left blast them for it.

Oh lord it's hard to be humble should be the theme song of the DNC 2016

There are also more health concerns to consider when engaging in gay sex than heterosexaul sex as well but, it is allowed with two consenting adults. Hypocrisy knows no bounds with liberals.
The health concerns with incest are for any offspring you idiot.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT