POLITICAL THREAD

How will they rule ??!

• YES - Qualified

Votes: 41 82.0%
  • NO - Disqualified

Votes: 9 18.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
You do realize who’s running the current show? It’s not in their interest to do any of that.

The people that could bring about change and bitch the loudest already pulled their kids from public school. That trend isn’t changing either.

Everyone knew it wouldn't change, even if people biched. They have been and it hasn't. Schools are daycare for most parents. They just want them somewhere "safe" and have for 20yrs. That's the real reason schools have gotten this bad.

Impossible now. If you thought this system was messed up before Covid, watch out. This shitshow is just getting started.

Those preK-2 kids that were taught to read/write during Covid are now upper elementary/middle school. The mask bullshit has consequences. When you can’t see your teacher’s face, it’s kinda big deal. Add to that trying to learn over a Chromebook at home.

My buddy has a kid that went through a semester of that, but they tightened their belts and put them in a private school mid stream/covid. The kid fought through it and is doing well now even with the more difficult private school curriculum. Made a huge difference. The kids that went a whole year with it and THEN entered the same school are having all sorts of issues. Night and day difference.

The only answer for the public schools and those kids that fell behind is to scrap part of their useless ("worksheet") curriculum, and spend that time with the kids in intensive reading out loud sessions. Throw away the "10min of teaching, 40min of make work stuff" and really work with them on reading.

I know they won't do that, but they need to do it. It's not impossible, it's just unacceptable for the people that caused it.

Sorry if already posted. Been out on business travel so trying to catch back up knowing that a lot of you depend on my insight and commentary. That said, its good to know that Horse Dewormer/fish tank cleaner appears to be a cancer cure. But the left will no doubt prefer you die of cancer than to be forced to admit that drugs off-label have other benefits.

He said "fair share" is a myth, you moron.
Consumption based taxes, what an idea ... who consumes more? The rich person or the poor person, REGARDLESS of income.

You are truly terrible.
How much more food can Musk consume than you in any given day? Now, how much richer is he, than you? Joey Chestnut can't eat that much.

Kamala and/or her ghostwriter swiped all that and added the word 'additional' haha

They did also change the sign for percent to the word 'percent'

GZ3FpuObUAAwPDs

Not necessarily. Often times where I live, the bad kids got kicked out of public school and have to go to private schools. I've seen many kids in that situation.

Yep. Then the bad kids either got their sht together or they got disciplined/shunned by their peers, or expelled, which public schools don't do and don't allow now.

Reactions: Lost In FL
Everyone knew it wouldn't change, even if people biched. They have been and it hasn't. Schools are daycare for most parents. They just want them somewhere "safe" and have for 20yrs. That's the real reason schools have gotten this bad.

My buddy has a kid that went through a semester of that, but they tightened their belts and put them in a private school mid stream/covid. The kid fought through it and is doing well now even with the more difficult private school curriculum. Made a huge difference. The kids that went a whole year with it and THEN entered the same school are having all sorts of issues. Night and day difference.

The only answer for the public schools and those kids that fell behind is to scrap part of their useless ("worksheet") curriculum, and spend that time with the kids in intensive reading out loud sessions. Throw away the "10min of teaching, 40min of make work stuff" and really work with them on reading.

I know they won't do that, but they need to do it. It's not impossible, it's just unacceptable for the people that caused it.

I’m very thankful I did not have a kid during Covid, and have commented often that I feel very fortunate my son is still a toddler when the MAHA movement and the Anxious Generation have gained popularity.

Hoping Trump gets elected and RFK can push some policies that subsidize healthy living and private school because it’s expensive.

Reactions: vhcat70
Its definitely tricky. Iirc you vote yes if you are in favor of the amendment allowing essentially school choice.

If im wrong someone please correct me. I havent yet saw the wording.
Wording:

"To give parents choices in educational opportunities for their children, are you in favor of enabling the General Assembly to provide financial support for the education costs of students in kindergarten through 12th grade who are outside the system of common (public) schools by amending the Constitution of Kentucky as stated below?

IT IS PROPOSED THAT A NEW SECTION BE ADDED TO THE CONSTITUTION OF KENTUCKY TO READ AS FOLLOWS:

The General Assembly may provide financial support for the education of students outside the system of common schools. The General Assembly may exercise this authority by law, Sections 59, 60, 171, 183, 184, 186, and 189 of this Constitution notwithstanding.

YES NO"

• Love
Reactions: bigblueinsanity
Sorry if already posted. Been out on business travel so trying to catch back up knowing that a lot of you depend on my insight and commentary. That said, its good to know that Horse Dewormer/fish tank cleaner appears to be a cancer cure. But the left will no doubt prefer you die of cancer than to be forced to admit that drugs off-label have other benefits.

Excellent! Tried to post this earlier and couldn't. Be interesting to see what happens to/with this.

Unfortunately it isn't. The schools getting the money rather than the parents receiving vouchers and the schools reducing the parents' direct costs is not the answer. That's why they changed it. Hopefully the schools will reduce costs for the parents.

Without putting the voucher in the hands of the parents, I don't know that this will do what we were hoping it will. Im hoping it's not just another way that the system can be abused by administrators
I don't know who you think "the administrators" are/would be, but they wouldn't be public school boards/supers.

The reason why the younger male numbers are so high for Dems is that they are prey for tail, or begging and praying for tail, instead of hunting it. It's amazing how many males born after 1980 I've seen that can barely talk to women much less get a date. They have no skills. No depth. No cahones.

The only way most will ever date is if they manage to be within reach of a female coworker or classmate on the rebound. Maybe that's why they identify with the cackling hyena. They're scavengers not hunters. They're subservient instead of leaders. We had those in the 60s and 70s, but not to the vast extent they exist today.

They are afraid to disagree with a female. They're afraid to walk away from a bad relationship/date. They just want to sit on the couch making podcasts all day trying to get a response from anyone
The younger folk have always voted more lib than seasoned folk.

You all do know, if they lift the SALT cap, make auto interest deductible, etc. they’re going to bring back AMT at lower limits and wipe out those deductions for most of the middle class, right?
You're talking to Trump there, right? That's what he's saying to do.

One of my kids was in preschool when they shut down for COVID. Then their kindergarten year was remote until February of 2021. Then it took well into 2022 to get the mask mandate bullshit finished. This had negative effects that was less detrimental to their older sibling. I had to spend hours each night to get them better at reading and writing to be caught up to where they would've been if not for the government's interference.

Many teachers will tell you that it had a huge negative effect on the development of kids during that time period especially for kids who did not know how to read or write and need to see a teacher's mouth.
Private schools weren't near that draconian.

You're talking to Trump there, right? That's what he's saying to do.

Yes all these special interest deductions he keeps talking about make for good headlines, and will probably help the low end of the spectrum, but I’m not going to see any benefit as a middle class American.

More structural items, like extension of 199A, keeping corporate rates low, no bullshit unrealized gain taxes, etc. are all things I care more about.

Yes all these special interest deductions he keeps talking about make for good headlines, and will probably help the low end of the spectrum, but I’m not going to see any benefit as a middle class American.

More structural items, like extension of 199A, keeping corporate rates low, no bullshit unrealized gain taxes, etc. are all things I care more about.
You're exactly right. Trump's off the deep end on a lot of this bs.

Last edited:
Tis election season. May I also qualify for these incentives or will I end of footing the bill?

Harris proposes legalizing marijuana, ensuring access to weed industry in outreach to Black men.​

Harris proposes 1 million forgivable loans to Black entrepreneurs, as Trump makes inroads.​

Last, but not least...

VOTE YES if you're for school choice
VOTE NO if you want status quo (aka this is what Democrats/Teachers Unions are pushing for)
Thanks, Only reason i was a bit concerned was because i saw a sign by work that said "Vote Yes on Ammendment 2" but I also work very close to a Ford plant and a UAW Hall, and we all know what kind of political signs they throw up, So just wanted to be certain.

It would be so much easier to fix the public schools.
  1. Require legal status to attend - which would get rid a ton of these foreigners who can't speak the language which impacts the education of American kids.
  2. Push the kids who have severe learning disabilities requiring significantly more time from the teacher to special education classes.
  3. Expel kids who start fights / cheat / continually disrupt classes.
  4. Set up real honors classes again that you have to test well to get in.
Basically, what they did from the 50's through the 90's. Not hard.
all good ideas but i think the biggest problem by far is in the student’s homes where many times ther is no father and no real traditional family setting. i don’t know if that can be fixed thanks to lbj’s war on poverty.

The reason why the younger male numbers are so high for Dems is that they are prey for tail, or begging and praying for tail, instead of hunting it. It's amazing how many males born after 1980 I've seen that can barely talk to women much less get a date. They have no skills. No depth. No cahones.

The only way most will ever date is if they manage to be within reach of a female coworker or classmate on the rebound. Maybe that's why they identify with the cackling hyena. They're scavengers not hunters. They're subservient instead of leaders. We had those in the 60s and 70s, but not to the vast extent they exist today.

They are afraid to disagree with a female. They're afraid to walk away from a bad relationship/date. They just want to sit on the couch making podcasts all day trying to get a response from anyone
So they're cucks in other words.

Tis election season. May I also qualify for these incentives or will I end of footing the bill?

Harris proposes legalizing marijuana, ensuring access to weed industry in outreach to Black men.​

Harris proposes 1 million forgivable loans to Black entrepreneurs, as Trump makes inroads.​

Last, but not least...

Maybe she should stop focusing on race and focus on America and its issues for once.

WIll Biden get credit for curing cancer now?

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT