POLITICAL THREAD

How will they rule ??!

• YES - Qualified

Votes: 41 82.0%
  • NO - Disqualified

Votes: 9 18.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
And not that it matters, but everything you watch on tv has a director. The debate will have a director. The cameramen aren't just doing their own random thing on live tv. Live news broadcasts have directors too, that doesn't make it "fake news." If you want your political pep rally to look amazing, wouldn't you hire the best director you could? Or would you go without a director or hire Charlie from down the street who used to work at Radio Shack?

I worry about some of you.

Listen to a clip of Trump's speech today in Michigan. The one I heard was buried in a liberal commentator's sarcasm so I won't link to it. But I will assume you've heard it or yesterday's speech in Pennsylvania.

If Trump spoke like that in the first debate with Biden, who would have been his replacement? Is he suffering from dementia? Is he on drugs? Has he had a stroke? This is not mere mockery. Yesterday in York, Pennsylvania, his voice was just as weak. And I'm not referring to his obsessions. I mean his strength. He doesn't sound long for this world. He reminds me of William Jennings Bryan, the 19th century populist. Bryan's last hurrah was the Scopes Trial in Cleveland, Tennessee where he went head-to-head against the famous defense lawyer Clarence Darrow. Bryan was at that point a shadow of his former self. Even though his testimony only lasted 2 hours or so, he was spent by the effort and suffered a fatal stroke a few days later. [I wasn't there. I'm not that old. I got that from HL Mencken's Account of William Jenning Bryan at the Scopes Trial]

Anyway, some of Trump's physical weakness is probably depression, but in all the furor about Biden's age, Trump's age got glossed over. He's very old himself, and he hasn't exercised since school. His clothes hang on him because he's either undergone a radical diet; or his appetite has disappeared, and he no longer eats. Many old people just quit eating. My great-grandmother. My wife's aunt. It's Time whistling the game over. Yes, armchair diagnoses like mine are worth what you pay for them, but there's no denying that Trump does not have the energy or stamina for the office. Will he even make it to September? Who knows? Meanwhile, the election machinery schedule is written in stone. Ballots must be printed. Machines programmed and put in place.

Somewhere people are thinking about that. Republican people. If you think I'm exaggerating find a clip and listen for yourself. Whataboutism won't fix Trump's frailty.

-edit-

I'm not the first to compare Bryan and Trump, but Mencken -- from whom I got my picture of Bryan -- despised Bryan as much for his liberalism as for his religious fundamentalism. If you've ever seen the movie Inherit the Wind, you'll know my image of Bryan. Apparently, the man was somewhat different than the punching bag of Mencken and the movie.

Last edited:
😄 😄 😄 😄 😄 😄

sadkam.jpg

Trump tried to draw the path of a hurricane
The great thing about your post is there are countless examples, including yours, of Trump doing or saying things that make no sense that normal people wouldn't do or say; things that everyone outside of the bubble have laughed about...but no one here will ever address any of it. They ignore it and move past it and then wonder after an election how their guy, or his chosen candidates, could ever possibly lose.

Reactions: Dionysus444
Listen to a clip of Trump's speech today in Michigan. The one I heard was buried in a liberal commentator's sarcasm so I won't link to it. But I will assume you've heard it or yesterday's speech in Pennsylvania.

If Trump spoke like that in the first debate with Biden, who would have been his replacement? Is he suffering from dementia? Is he on drugs? Has he had a stroke? This is not mere mockery. Yesterday in York, Pennsylvania, his voice was just as weak. And I'm not referring to his obsessions. I mean his strength. He doesn't sound long for this world. He reminds me of William Jennings Bryan, the 19th century populist. Bryan's last hurrah was the Scopes Trial in Cleveland, Tennessee where he went head-to-head against the famous defense lawyer Clarence Darrow. Bryan was at that point a shadow of his former self. Even though his testimony only lasted 2 hours or so, he was spent by the effort and suffered a fatal stroke a few days later. [I wasn't there. I'm not that old. I got that from HL Mencken's Account of William Jenning Bryan at the Scopes Trial]

Anyway, some of Trump's physical weakness is probably depression, but in all the furor about Biden's age, Trump's age got glossed over. He's very old himself, and he hasn't exercised since school. His clothes hang on him because he's either undergone a radical diet; or his appetite has disappeared, and he no longer eats. Many old people just quit eating. My great-grandmother. My wife's aunt. It's Time whistling the game over. Yes, armchair diagnoses like mine are worth what you pay for them, but there's no denying that Trump does not have the energy or stamina for the office. Will he even make it to September? Who knows? Meanwhile, the election machinery schedule is written in stone. Ballots must be printed. Machines programmed and put in place.

Somewhere people are thinking about that. Republican people. If you think I'm exaggerating find a clip and listen for yourself. Whataboutism won't fix Trump's frailty.

-edit-

I'm not the first to compare Bryan and Trump, but Mencken -- from whom I got my picture of Bryan -- despised Bryan as much for his liberalism as for his religious fundamentalism. If you've ever seen the movie Inherit the Wind, you'll know my image of Bryan. Apparently, the man was somewhat different than the punching bag of Mencken and the movie.
That reads like a TDS fever dream. I bet you were sweating uncontrollably when you typed it.

“We need to be able to kill for healthcare!!!”

“The ‘patriarchy’ won’t let us kill our babies so that the men who get us pregnant don’t have to pay childcare or be responsible for their actions and can have unprotected sex!”

“I told my child she was my body, my choice, when I killed her and suctioned her parts of ‘my body’ out of my body!”

Ummm...it's a week long pep rally. That's how conventions work and it's what the RNC was too. This happens every four years to gin up excitement for either side. You're just complaining about the DNC to get a few likes here lol. Both conventions are political theater. How do you not know this?
I did not single out any particular party with my observation. It was a universal criticism. They all look goofy as hell when they do it.

And frankly, I’d be happy if they did way with the party conventions… at at least with making them such a spectacle. Cringy for both parties.

The great thing about your post is there are countless examples, including yours, of Trump doing or saying things that make no sense that normal people wouldn't do or say; things that everyone outside of the bubble have laughed about...but no one here will ever address any of it. They ignore it and move past it and then wonder after an election how their guy, or his chosen candidates, could ever possibly lose.

Let’s vote for word salad Kamala now that mumbling bumbling Joe has been dismissed by the elites!! Democracy!!!

And not that it matters, but everything you watch on tv has a director. The debate will have a director. The cameramen aren't just doing their own random thing on live tv. Live news broadcasts have directors too, that doesn't make it "fake news." If you want your political pep rally to look amazing, wouldn't you hire the best director you could? Or would you go without a director or hire Charlie from down the street who used to work at Radio Shack?

I worry about some of you.
Frankly I would rather they be less pep rally-ish. But that’s just me.

I knew a number of kids when I was a freshman at UK who claimed to be pre-Med.

Like me, they ended up getting a business degree.

When someone tells you they are pre-Med, place 99% of the emphasis on the “pre” and maybe 1% on the “med”.

That was the point of my mocking of Dion, but it went right over his head, and he immediately went to the lame ass excuse that her dad died blah blah blah.

Everyone who went to college met a ton of 'pre-med' majors. Until they took the intro classes.

I did not single out any particular party with my observation. It was a universal criticism. They all look goofy as hell when they do it.

And frankly, I’d be happy if they did way with the party conventions… at at least with making them such a spectacle. Cringy for both parties.
"This is John Chancellor, somewhere in custody."

My parents had me cheering for Ike in '52, but I don't remember it. 1964 with the arrest of John Chancellor during the Republican convention is the first I remember.

That was the point of my mocking of Dion, but it went right over his head, and he immediately went to the lame ass excuse that her dad died blah blah blah.

Everyone who went to college met a ton of 'pre-med' majors. Until they took the intro classes.
Organic Chemistry was the great winnowing fan for the spiers and the buyers. You either had the memory capacity or you didn't. It couldn't be faked.

Little andy is a Hypocrite. Claims to be a devoted Christian. Yet he celebrates abortion.
Judgment day is coming.
Causing the death of a fetus is treated as a property crime in the OT and not mentioned in the NT. Now, you can pretend to be better than God, but it's not advisable. Jewish tradition treats life as beginning with the first breath outside the mother.

The Catholic Church treats abortion as a sin, but when a bishop wanted to excommunicate a Democratic politician - Biden? Pelosi? I can't remember - the Pope called out the bishop for trying to prioritize sin.

Dion, you made a sad face when I was talking about playing the drums for the benefit of my neighbors this morning.

Were you taking their side, or do you just hate Ironman?
Sabbath is great, you suck. Of course some conservative chode is going to have a pointless feud with their neighbor and wake them up early in the morning with loud music. Completely reasonable adult behavior for someone 50+ to be engaging in.

• Haha
Reactions: HymanKaplan
First off ... so what?
Second, and more importantly ... that should tell you ALL you really need to know in WHO to vote for. One "candidate" has the backing of the uniparty deep state and the other candidate elected by the PEOPLE does not. And you, being a mindless NPC, will follow your programming and cheer for the uniparty. DA.
So what? It's a "so what" because it's an obvious sign that ANYONE who has worked under and/or with Trump in the previous administration thinks he is a dangerous POS that is a threat to our democracy.
Ask Mike Pence what he thinks about his former boss that almost had him hung.
That's so what.

What does that have to do with candidates pretending to point and wave at people just for the sake of optics?

And I don’t care which side of the aisle you’re on, Hulk Hogan is awesome.
This hulk hogan? Dude is a horrible racist POS. Don’t forget the comments he made about black people too. He’s got a long history. But yeah it was cool when he body slammed Andre at Wrestlemania 3 brother!

Sure they’re both old and say dumb stuff.

The difference is Biden has hardcore dementia. The shaking hands with thin air, shuffling gait, the clenched fists, forgetting where he is/wandering, jumbled speech, etc. He hasn’t been mentally there for years. I literally see these people everyday.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT