POLITICAL THREAD

How will they rule ??!

• YES - Qualified

Votes: 41 82.0%
  • NO - Disqualified

Votes: 9 18.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Several years ago I attended a FedSoc event where new SD FLA judges spoke about the confirmation hearing process. Though these judges were Trump appointees and largely conservative they spoke in detail about the prep they did, particularly with respect to Sen. Kennedy's track records of questions. It was really fascinating.

But, in general, a federal judge (or attorney practicing in federal court) is not required to know off the top of their head the answers to the questions that Kennedy asked this judge. I assume this judge spent her prep time familiarizing herself with Supreme Court cases and not the Constitution itself.
As a trial judge, you may want to know the major criminal law Supreme Court precedent and I suspect she did, from her state court judgeship. Federal administrative law, tort law, immigration law, mandamus law, securities law, etc. would not have to be known. I personally think Kennedy’s questions were silly and told me nothing about whether they would make good trial court judges.

FnemmvFXoAASQdH

But Dore95, this is basic stuff man. Why shouldn't a Judge know the U.S. Constitution. They swear to uphold it. When she blew the question regarding Article V Kennedy gave her a soft ball. Every kid in America that graduates from high school should know what Article II of the U.S. Constitution provides.

I am not familiar with the current educational system but do they teach Civics anymore as a requirement to graduate?

This woman was living proof that Democrats care about one thing only. Diversity. To hell with knowledge or wisdom in a Judge, do they check the block of diversity or affirmative action. If not Democrats BORK them.
I think it's unfair to in effect blame her inability to answer these questions on her race or ethnicity. I'd prefer to say it's just because she was unprepared. I have no idea whether she is qualified (or not) in general.

As for whether lawyers (or others) should know what is in the various articles of the Constitution, sure that would be great. But that's not really what you study in law school (even Con law). You study cases and particular constitutional clauses (commerce, equal protection, etc.). You don't have to memorize the constitution and you are not quizzed on what is included in each article.

• Haha
Reactions: Girthang
Obama gave all the documents to the archives who then moved the non classifed ones to Chicago. That is how it works now. They are using the warehouse to digitize all the documents for the library. Trumpsters are just immune to reality.

b9x346xbzkea1.png

I think it's unfair to in effect blame her inability to answer these questions on her race or ethnicity. I'd prefer to say it's just because she was unprepared. I have no idea whether she is qualified (or not) in general.

As for whether lawyers (or others) should know what is in the various articles of the Constitution, sure that would be great. But that's not really what you study in law school (even Con law). You study cases and particular constitutional clauses (commerce, equal protection, etc.). You don't have to memorize the constitution and you are not quizzed on what is included in each article.
I can see where her work doesn’t really require memorizing that…still, those are not hard questions, and she should know that he asks those kinds of questions.

For me, it’s just another symptom that our leadership classes don’t really know how to do anything. They regurgitate what they’re told and get promoted rather than prove their ability.

Its the natural outcome when we focus on equity instead of ability.

Those of you so desperate for war against Russia are completely insane. I wonder what you guys will think when Russia starts lobbing nukes into Ukraine...NATO and probably the USA. Itll be too late to wonder what you idiots are thinking at that point.

I think it's very unlikely to happen, nevertheless, that doesn't excuse their ignorance and arrogance.

But Dore95, this is basic stuff man. Why shouldn't a Judge know the U.S. Constitution. They swear to uphold it. When she blew the question regarding Article V Kennedy gave her a soft ball. Every kid in America that graduates from high school should know what Article II of the U.S. Constitution provides.

I am not familiar with the current educational system but do they teach Civics anymore as a requirement to graduate?

This woman was living proof that Democrats care about one thing only. Diversity. To hell with knowledge or wisdom in a Judge, do they check the block of diversity or affirmative action. If not Democrats BORK them.
Again... they're normalizing stupidity.

Its the natural outcome when we focus on equity instead of ability.

It's hard for me to believe the argument coming from the left that diversity is more important than merit. How about we elect/appoint the best people possible and let the diversity of it all sort itself out?

It's hard for me to believe that we as a country have allowed such brazenly racist and unAmerican ideals to infect our modern day discourse and instituions to the degree that it has.

As a trial judge, you may want to know the major criminal law Supreme Court precedent and I suspect she did, from her state court judgeship. Federal administrative law, tort law, immigration law, mandamus law, securities law, etc. would not have to be known. I personally think Kennedy’s questions were silly and told me nothing about whether they would make good trial court judges.
Since the Article 2 of the constitution established the right for the guy who is nominating her, one would think she would know the basic building blocks of the govt. Its first 3 Articles. I'd love him to have asked her about A3 instead. His questions showed that she is not a constitutional scholar much less a casual reader thereof.

Haha holy crap

I happen to agree Hunter Biden will be one of the most consequential artists of the century, if not in the history of the world.

The full consequences of dictators and oligarchs buying favors from the Biden syndicate will take years to unfold.

Heck, I couldn't pass FIFTH GRADE unless I knew all the States Capitals, The preamble to the Constitution, and the Presidents in order up until that time which was about 1980. I bet this judge can't even do that. Teachers suck anymore for the most part. My favorite teacher ever was Soph year in high school. He didn't care how smart or articulate you were, if you misspelled "a lot" or "separate" it was minus 50 for each occurence, no questions asked. "There's a rat in separate", he always drilled in us. Notice how the best teachers are the ones whose teachings we never forget? We need more teachers like that. I'm betting this judge skated by school with zero accountability.
You can look all that up now in five seconds. Why would it be useful to memorize it?

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT