POLITICAL THREAD

How will they rule ??!

• YES - Qualified

Votes: 41 82.0%
  • NO - Disqualified

Votes: 9 18.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Rachel Maddow not shutting up about Gary Johnson makes me smile. He had nothing to do with Hillary losing, but I'll gladly play along just to piss her off

ugly bulldog Maddow contributed to Hillary loss more than Gary Johnson - her wretched, ugly, booming loud, fat head rudeness . . . no telling how many women decide to immediately disassociate themselves from feminism each time she takes the air. Keep up the good work, Rachel

Howard Fineman column after Bush beat Kerry. Maybe the death is complete now?

WASHINGTON — A political party is dying before our eyes — and I don't mean the Democrats. I'm talking about the "mainstream media," which is being destroyed by the opposition (or worse, the casual disdain) of George Bush's Republican Party; by competition from other news outlets (led by the internet and Fox's canny Roger Ailes); and by its own fraying journalistic standards. At the height of its power, the AMMP (the American Mainstream Media Party) helped validate the civil rights movement, end a war and oust a power-mad president. But all that is ancient history.

http://www.nbcnews.com/id/6813945/ns/politics-howard_fineman/t/media-party-over/#.WCK1M5A8KrU

Reactions: ymmot31
Yeah, a little worried about an R Prez and Rs controlling both houses - historically, that's when you have some mischief, when one party has all 3. Human nature and all that...

It is just insane how close all of these states are. FL, PA, MI, WI, and NH were basically all coin flips (proportionally, of course).

Yeah, a little worried about an R Prez and Rs controlling both houses - historically, that's when you have some mischief. Human nature and all that...
I'm still unsure about that stat. Didn't Bush have all three branches for 2 years?

**EDIT: GWB

Reactions: Midway Cat
I'm still unsure about that stat. Didn't Bush have all three branches for 2 years?

**EDIT: GWB
You know what, that sounds right - think 2004 went that way. I'm quoting Rove on that stat, maybe I've bastardized it somehow.....

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT