ADVERTISEMENT

Please Do Not Let Tickets To MTSU vs. UK Football Game Go Unused! Here’s Why.

shadowman4

Junior
Gold Member
Sep 21, 2002
I realize there is a lot of disappointment, anger and frustration over UK’s loss to UT this past weekend. I am as upset as anyone. Went to school there from 1968-1973 and have had season tickets ever since. I have been involved in many fund raisers costing me thousands of dollars for private dinners with coaching staff and one several years ago at coach Mark Stoops home. You could not meet a nicer and more genuine man, He sincerely wants to be successful for the fan base more than most of you can imagine.
My point is this. I don’t think this past weekend’s game was an upset as much as this coaching staff had our lesser rated talent(average rating if 3 stars over last 4 years) playing at a higher level much of the year and UT’s higher rated 4 star talent not playing as well ,but are just coming on under a new coach. Also, as the season goes on, other teams have been able to game plan more for UK and realize we depend on our run game too much and they have put 8 men in the box to take it away.
Look what has happened with our basketball team the last 4 games. We had 2 very lackluster exhibition basketball games, the curb stomping by Duke and lastly a very so, so effort against Southern Illinois, but were not going to give up on the.
There is a very good chance UK could have recruits in for the last game being senior day. We do not want the stadium to look half empty if we are trying to sell them on the fact we are a big time football school. These players have given us an overall good season so far. We would all have taken 9-3 and a possible Peach Bowl in Atlanta and a win over our arch rival Louisville. All of that is still in play.
I am asking and imploring everyone make an attempt to attend this weeks game. Let’s not give any more of the national media a reason to say again “UK Is Just A Basketball School”. We can be both. The game is only on ESPN Alternate so most people won’t be able to watch on line. If u don’t want to go or can’t and u have season tickets, please consider doing this. Give them to a friend, a relative, neighbor, civic group, youth group, church friend or anyone. You can post on this message board you have free tickets and arrange to have them left and “Will Call Ticket Office” Under the person’s name you are giving them to. Let someone get the enjoyment of seeing a UK football game on senior day or otherwise might never get the chance

Their is one option that in my mind is just not an alternative. Please do not your tickets go unused in the bottom of your desk drawer. That serves no purpose whatsoever. Remember, Rome wasn’t built in a day and UK had been making improvement in their facilities, stadium upgrades, better coaching salaries and we have improved our win-loss record each of the last 3 years. I hope our fans will do their part and fill Kroger Field to the extent possible after last week’s difficult loss. Go Cats!!!

I realize there is a lot of disappointment, anger and frustration over UK’s loss to UT this past weekend. I am as upset as anyone. Went to school there from 1968-1973 and have had season tickets ever since. I have been involved in many fund raisers costing me thousands of dollars for private dinners with coaching staff and one several years ago at coach Mark Stoops home. You could not meet a nicer and more genuine man, He sincerely wants to be successful for the fan base more than most of you can imagine.
My point is this. I don’t think this past weekend’s game was an upset as much as this coaching staff had our lesser rated talent(average rating if 3 stars over last 4 years) playing at a higher level much of the year and UT’s higher rated 4 star talent not playing as well ,but are just coming on under a new coach. Also, as the season goes on, other teams have been able to game plan more for UK and realize we depend on our run game too much and they have put 8 men in the box to take it away.
Look what has happened with our basketball team the last 4 games. We had 2 very lackluster exhibition basketball games, the curb stomping by Duke and lastly a very so, so effort against Southern Illinois, but were not going to give up on the.
There is a very good chance UK could have recruits in for the last game being senior day. We do not want the stadium to look half empty if we are trying to sell them on the fact we are a big time football school. These players have given us an overall good season so far. We would all have taken 9-3 and a possible Peach Bowl in Atlanta and a win over our arch rival Louisville. All of that is still in play.
I am asking and imploring everyone make an attempt to attend this weeks game. Let’s not give any more of the national media a reason to say again “UK Is Just A Basketball School”. We can be both. The game is only on ESPN Alternate so most people won’t be able to watch on line. If u don’t want to go or can’t and u have season tickets, please consider doing this. Give them to a friend, a relative, neighbor, civic group, youth group, church friend or anyone. You can post on this message board you have free tickets and arrange to have them left and “Will Call Ticket Office” Under the person’s name you are giving them to. Let someone get the enjoyment of seeing a UK football game on senior day or otherwise might never get the chance

Their is one option that in my mind is just not an alternative. Please do not your tickets go unused in the bottom of your desk drawer. That serves no purpose whatsoever. Remember, Rome wasn’t built in a day and UK had been making improvement in their facilities, stadium upgrades, better coaching salaries and we have improved our win-loss record each of the last 3 years. I hope our fans will do their part and fill Kroger Field to the extent possible after last week’s difficult loss. Go Cats!!!

Very well said Mark.

I’ll be there as usual. I’m turning the page from Saturday and hoping the team and Coaches are angry and come out and kick MTSU and Louisville’s asses.

Very well said Mark.

I’ll be there as usual. I’m turning the page from Saturday and hoping the team and Coaches are angry and come out and kick MTSU and Louisville’s asses.
I'll be there come rain, sleet or snow, because I want to honor the Seniors who chose to come back and make this a memorable season regardless of how the UT game went. They still have a lot of firsts to play for and a potential 10 win season. These seniors are the ones that will come back on anniversaries to celebrate this seasons accomplishments and a couple of them will likely wind up in the Ring of Honor. So yes, I'll be there in my Parka with my hand warmers giving those seniors my support.

Reactions: The-Hack and kev69

Good post and this Army vet would love to get 2 lower arena tickets and drive down from Columbus for this game!

Thank you for your service!

Thanks and appreciated!! My wife and I really enjoyed our 29 years of service—well she didn’t like the 6 months So much when I was deployed for DS/DS when she had to take care of our 3 small children

Reactions: Ky-troutbum
Thank you for your service!

Thanks and appreciated!! My wife and I really enjoyed our 29 years of service—well she didn’t like the 6 months So much when I was deployed for DS/DS when she had to take care of our 3 small children
Btt
Just saw on KSR and Cats Illustrated that Josh Allen is imploring fans to show up for Senior Day. Please fans? think of the 100’s of hours these players put in the weight room, training regiment, practice and games to try to make us proud of the product on the field.
We need to put the sting of the UT game behind us and look at the big picture. We can still finish the regular season at 9-3 and with a Bowl win, possibly 10-3. We essentially did this with mostly 3 star and a few 4 star recruit players. Open your eyes UK fans and realize this has been a good season so far,

Very well said Mark.

I agree; however, I fear that Stoop's idea of kicking asses is to "run it right at them". GO CATS!!

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT