ADVERTISEMENT

Please allow me to explain how these things work

half baked boo GIF

(You could be right).

In order to save face...when you are not the guy getting the job.....you say publicly that you turned the job down.
Except that Drew has never once “publicly said that he turned the job down.” in fact, to my knowledge, he’s declined to publicly speak about this at all. Instead, the public has figured out what happened via other sources and means.

It helps one’s takes if they align with the actual facts. But yours rarely ever do.

• Haha
Reactions: DrH. Lecter
Except that Drew has never once “publicly said that he turned the job down.” in fact, to my knowledge, he’s declined to publicly speak about this at all. Instead, the public has figured out what happened via other sources and means.

It helps one’s takes if they align with the actual facts. But yours rarely ever do.

Reactions: DrH. Lecter
In order to save face...when you are not the guy getting the job.....you say publicly that you turned the job down. This means that someone else has received and accepted the job. Trust the process. You will be happy. The woe is me crowd is tiresome.
Based on this and some of the other posts you've made, you might not be the best one to be explaining things.

Based on this and some of the other posts you've made, you might not be the best one to be explaining things.
I am unfamiliar with your book of work....but I am pretty much found directly over the target. Time will tell.

Reactions: MbergCat
"You people are crazy!" - Arkansas HC John Calipari. Let's just let this play out and see what happens. If we sign a crap coach then we can sharpen the pitchforks and freak out.

“Will be landing shortly” means it still hasn’t happened.

My statement is correct. He hasn’t publicly said a word about it yet. Suggesting he has is inherently dishonest. When that statement comes, THEN we can talk about what he said about it. Not before.
I normally don't get in the middle of these arguments, however it is all over the internet that Drew has passed on the UK job, by credible sources. Just because he hasn't announced it publicly yet doesn't negate the fact that it has happened.

I think it's pretty clear that Drew passed on the job, but what you're describing happens all the time. For example, with Rick Barnes last time

“Will be landing shortly” means it still hasn’t happened.

My post is correct. He hasn’t publicly said a word about it yet. Suggesting he has is inherently dishonest. When that statement comes, THEN we can talk about what he said about it. Not before.
allow me to explain. If you read my opening post and its title...I am making a general statement as to how PR works. I make no mention of Drew although you can infer that. From a PR standpoint and to keep your good will with your fanbase....whether offered or not....if you do not get a job you state that you DECLINED the job. If you had your family fly to Lex it is hard to deny that you were not in discussion.

Those who were at a high level in discussion, the losers in the process, will all claim they turned it down in order to save face and viability with your fanbase. Stoops is an example of not getting that option and it has hurt him in our fanbase.

From a PR standpoint and to keep your good will with your fanbase....whether offered or not....if you do not get a job you state that you DECLINED the job. If you had your family fly to Lex it is hard to deny that you were not in discussion.
This is clueless nonsense. No coach is gonna publicly issue a statement declaring that he declined another school’s offer if there never was any such offer. The other school would instantly expose the truth, and the ensuing fallout from telling such a blatant lie would be disastrous for the coach’s reputation and future prospects.

It’s funny that you titled this thread with the patronizing “let me explain to you how things work” tone, when it appears you’re the one who doesn’t seem to understand how the real world works.

I normally don't get in the middle of these arguments, however it is all over the internet that Drew has passed on the UK job, by credible sources. Just because he hasn't announced it publicly yet doesn't negate the fact that it has happened.
He made his statement that does not say that he was offered, declined, pursued etc.... That is a very good statement that says noting about where he was in the process. His family on a plane....says more than his statement.

This is clueless nonsense. No coach is gonna publicly issue a statement declaring that he declined another school’s offer if there never was any such offer. The other school would instantly expose the truth, and the ensuing fallout from telling such a blatant lie would be disastrous for the coach’s reputation and future prospects.

It’s funny that you titled this thread with the patronizing “let me explain to you how things work” tone, when it appears you’re the one who doesn’t seem to understand how the real world works.
LOL. So you know that he was? Wasn't? Candidate real or just internet chatter? Only Mitch (decision makers) and Drew know....but time will tell. Beyond that, with the rest of your post. You aint real smart..... I'll leave it at that.

On edit: As to my patronizing title.... that is why there are Headline Writers. To draw clicks. You bit. Thank you.

Last edited:
LOL. So you know that he was? Wasn't? Candidate real or just internet chatter? Only Mitch (decision makers) and Drew know....but time will tell. Beyond that, with the rest of your post. You aint real smart..... I'll leave it at that.
No, I don’t either way. And I’ve never claimed that I do know for sure what has happened.

I was merely taking issue with your ludicrous suggestion (delivered in a laughably condescending tone) that “how these things work” is that coaches just pretend that they declined offers that they never received.

No, they don’t. If a coach ever says he got an offer, you can bet it’s true. Because that’s the sort of thing he knows will end very badly for him if tells such a blatant lie. As for Drew, he hasn’t said anything yet. So nobody should be falsely suggesting or implying otherwise.

No, I don’t either way. And I’ve never claimed that I do know for sure what has happened.

I was merely taking issue with your ludicrous suggestion (delivered in a laughably condescending tone) that “how these things work” is that coaches just pretend that they declined offers that they never received.

No, they don’t. If a coach ever says he got an offer, you can bet it’s true. Because that’s the sort of thing he knows will end very badly for him if tells such a blatant lie. As for Drew, he hasn’t said anything yet. So nobody should be falsely suggesting otherwise:
Good lord dude. Please read my OP and look for the word Coach. Athletics. Anything. I made a GENERAL statement as to how things work in the world of business, politics everywhere. Its classic PR advice. It is also topical with Drew. If you are publicly assumed to have been a candidate along with a couple others...and come up short, it is CLASSIC advice to get on top of the story and say that you turned THEM down. Stop digging. Its PR 101.

Reactions: DDMatUK=NBA
I would appreciate that. Three kids and I still don't all the ins and outs, so to speak. Hot dog in donut has gotten me this far.
Basically, mommy and daddy love each other very, very much. From this love, a white stork is notified of this love. An order is placed and 9 months later a happy bundle of joy is delivered into the newly prepared nursery by said white stork. True story.

Reactions: MissingWCC
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT