ADVERTISEMENT

Playoff…… Timberwolves??

The match ups in the Mavs-Wolves series will be interesting. Does PJ guard KAT? Or do the Mavs put PJ on Gobert, and try Gafford/Lively on KAT? Who guards Luka for the Wolves? Who does Luka guard, and who do the Mavs put on Edwards? Tough match ups for both teams.
I think it will be Mcdaniels on Luka

Derrick Jones Jr on Edwards

Reactions: FtWorthCat
I think PJ will have to guard KAT and vice versa. A tough match up both ways. Is KAT too big for PJ? Is PJ too quick for KAT? PJ mostly hangs at the three point line waiting to fire, and that would get KAT away from the basket. That match up could decide the series.

I'm a Mavs fan, but I think the match ups kind of favor Minnesota in this series. Minnesota is a weird team to match with two bigs. Luka is a tough match up for anyone, because he is essentially a PF size-wise, playing PG.

Last edited:
I cannot root against either team.

I love the fact P.J. came back a second year and tried to win a title.

How can you just flat out not like KAT. He's a tremendous player and human being that has gone through quite a bit the last few years. I just adore him as a former Wildcat.

I cannot root against either team.

I love the fact P.J. came back a second year and tried to win a title.

How can you just flat out not like KAT. He's a tremendous player and human being that has gone through quite a bit the last few years. I just adore him as a former Wildcat.

I'm just rooting for Boston to wipe that smirk off of Hali's face along with the pacers, because I'm a huge hater. Other than that, I have no rooting interest, and sometimes that makes the playoffs so much more fun.

It's like in the tournament. If UK loses, the. I just the remaining teams, are ones I don't mind. It's not fun when you're watching your rivals win.

It's been a LONG 20 years since we have made the Conference Finals! What a fun night Sunday was, couldn't believe that comeback! So proud of KAT, he's had a long and tough road to get here but this season he's become more of a leader that this team has needed and he stepped up MASSIVELY in game 7!! LET GO WOLVES!!

i think nearly every team i’ve pulled for in this playoffs has lost their series. Suns, Lakers, Nuggets, Heat, Sixers, Thunder….

I need to find a way to pull for the Celtics in the finals and actually make myself believe I want the Celtics to win. so they’ll lose.

• Haha
Reactions: Cold Stout Beer
i think nearly every team i’ve pulled for in this playoffs has lost their series. Suns, Lakers, Nuggets, Heat, Sixers, Thunder….

I need to find a way to pull for the Celtics in the finals and actually make myself believe I want the Celtics to win. so they’ll lose.
Former Celtic Rick Carlisle is doing a helluva job of making sure Boston will sweep their way into The Finals. The coaching malpractice in Game 1 and then pulling his starters down 11 with 10 minutes left in the game was an "interesting" choice and then thanking the Security in Boston for their help.

Haliburton is now questionable with a hamstring injury--so no Butler, Mitchell and Haliburton left series injured/banged up.....so now we'll see what happens to Luka and Kyrie.

Either way--Silver can go spank it as one of his beloved Dookies will get a ring or another ring.

3-0, series over. Boston can’t beat these beasts.

KAT stunk the joint up again. 0-7 from three.

Big 3 by PJ.
I’m with you. I don’t think Boston can beat Dallas without a healthy Porzingis. Horford is too old to hang with Gafford and Lively. Luka and Kyrie playing at such a high level right now.

KAT looking a classic Cal recruit. Awesome on paper. Soft when it counts.

Edwards has some awesome dunks. Jordan used to do that but also won the games too.

Van Gundy may be right with his declaration of “the best backcourt in NBA history”.
Well, what he actually said was best “offensive” backcourt in history, not best overall.

And that’s a very fair statement IF you limit it to offense. I’m hard-pressed to think of any other examples of a team having two guards with the ball skills of Luka/Irving at the same time.

But it’s a very different story on the defensive end.

Reactions: chroix
At least we showed some heart and didn't get swept. The series SHOULD be tied 2-2. Wolves gagged game 2 away so bad...

True that but if he played halfway well the first 3 games, this series would be over and Minn would be in the finals already- hopefully this game gets him started
People in Twin Cities are way too hard on KAT. They don't like him and want him traded. If you have watched all of their Playoff games-he usually plays way better on the road. If you point out they'd not have beaten Denver without him because he was the only guy who could physically handle Jokic most of game and then Naz Reid did a great job in spurts-because the 4x DPOY FRAUD couldn't defend him and most importantly told his teammates to guard him.

Wolves won a tough game--if they can win Game 5 (they've been awful in Mpls since 1st Rd) then that puts all the pressure on Mavs for Game 6.

Also shows just how important Lively has been to Dallas. He's been fantastic in the Playoffs. His absence helped Wolves a great deal last night. Hope he can come back and play in Game 5 and if not, then Game 6 or NBA Finals.

As a Lakers fan--sickens me that Lively was passed along with Cam Whitmore for the likes of Jalen Hood Schifino a Big Ten Shot jacker who padded stats in a league that lacks NBA Athleticism as a 6'3/6'4 non athletic volume scorer.

Reactions: kywildcats8
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT