ADVERTISEMENT

Pitino is the answer with links

you’ll notice most anti-pitinoites are the posters you hardly recognize. i’m not saying trolls, but probably youth/ignorance. uk has nothing right now. a program builder is exactly what we need. then we can better approach a more thorough transition and not just throw the reigns at whomever, out of desperation. chances are we’d be in good shape for whomever it is as well.

having said all that, i think donovan is the better hire. we may not win as much as fast as with rick, but we could have sustained success. after that i’m good with pearl. the miller stuff is not even understandable.

Could this possibly be where some of the Mark Pope talk is coming from? I can't see UK hiring Pope based on his current resume. But I could perhaps see hiring him to work under Pitino for a few years and allow Pitino to groom him to take over once he retires, a la K/Scheyer at Duke.

If we can't get Donovan, then I think I'd be as comfortable going this route as some of the others being mentioned.

Could this possibly be where some of the Mark Pope talk is coming from? I can't see UK hiring Pope based on his current resume. But I could perhaps see hiring him to work under Pitino for a few years and allow Pitino to groom him to take over once he retires, a la K/Scheyer at Duke.

If we can't get Donovan, then I think I'd be as comfortable going this route as some of the others being mentioned.
1. Donavon
2. Pitino/pope option
3. Golden or pope

It’s better than mark pope
But that’s not the question. I want to understand what has he done recently to give so many people the false hope that he can show up and poof, it’s 1995 again. I keep reading what a great coach he is but all I see is nothing but a washed up, bitter, shell of his former self. I really don’t get it.

Reactions: Jmeeks54thebest
But that’s not the question. I want to understand what has he done recently to give so many people the false hope that he can show up and poof, it’s 1995 again. I keep reading what a great coach he is but I se nothing but a washed up, bitter, shell of his former self. I really don’t get it.
Now that is a fair question. He did a good job at St. John’s this year given what he had on the roster, they should have made the tourney. I know our expectations are a lot higher. Pitino is the same thing as donavon, you are betting on his pedigree as coach

Last edited:
Reactions: BigKari and dl51344
Now that is a fair question. He did a good job at St. John’s this year given what he had on the roster, they should have made the tourney. I know our expectations are a lot higher. Pitino is the same thing as donavon, you ad betting on his pedigree as coach
Can we afford to lose that bet though? One could make the argument that he did well with a roster full of Mike Anderson’s recruits and not his own.

Reactions: Jmeeks54thebest
Can we afford to lose that bet though? One could make the argument that he did well with a roster full of Mike Anderson’s recruits and not his own.
I honestly don’t know, I just know I like pitino better than Shaka smart or Mark pope. Donavon is my number one, golden and pearl might be number 2 depending on the argument, but I don’t hate pitino for 3 years

Pitino? The guy who went turncoat, flipped off all of Rupp, had the Karen Sypher debacle, paid for prostitutes for players, and currently talks about how bad his players are? Hard pass. I know there is some nostalgia from many on here who were growing up during that time and it cemented their basketball fanhood, but he is not the answer.
Thats how hard up fans are now. I mean this is getting ridiculous. We are becoming a laughing stock.

Reactions: Blue_2_the_bone
Sorry , but there isn’t one available unless you’re talking Mark Pope and his zero tourney success.

Hire Rick at 4 years/20 mil, and after that, hope a more proven, young coach is available.
Use Pitino for 4-5 years with him knowing he retires at end of the contract but begin to plan for Pitinos replacement or even bring in an assistant to groom for the position. Strategic preparation instead of knee-jerk and desperate coaching search you see right now.

You know what, if we can't get Donovan, I say fug it. Lets do this! Hire Pitino. Bring in Pope to be associate HC/Coach-in-waiting. Hire some combination of Derek Anderson, Scott Padgett, Jeff Sheppard and Rajon Rondo as assistants. Grab Mashburn Jr. out of the portal. Retain Reed Sheppard. If there could be a sales pitch to get him to come back for another year, how about the pitch to play for his own dad and the guy who coached his dad? If we can't draw interest from established coaches at other schools, then lets go the path of Duke and UNC and keep it within the family. I would rather do this than hire some nobody from Butthole State University and turn into frickin' Indiana.

Use Pitino for 4-5 years with him knowing he retires at end of the contract but begin to plan for Pitinos replacement or even bring in an assistant to groom for the position. Strategic preparation instead of knee-jerk and desperate coaching search you see right now.
Pitino would fill joe bs role in 5 years. You’d see tubby around more too all our players

Reactions: DraftCat
LOL, create all the threads you want, post a single link from a local Gamecock fan who undoubtedly has his finger on the pulse of BBN 🙄 and a bevy of “sources” 😂😂 but it’ll NEVER, EVER happen.
BBN is a huge joke around the country. I hate how we're viewed.

If UK hires Pitino then the program deserves what it’ll get. He’s a washed up has been with corrupt morals. Y’all are nuts. Mob mentality

I’ve been saying it for a while, but people say I’m crazy. Makes sense to me.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT