ADVERTISEMENT

PGA CHAMPIONSHIP VALHALLA

ESPN has to protect their brand, nothing more. The news reports Scottie did not stop and didn't roll down his window for 30 seconds. When you make up your own set of rules, bad shit can happen. Had he showed patience, then this isn't a story. He could have hit someone when he drove on the median around the officers.

A lot of blatant ignorance on this board. You're the types than don't stop for school bus stop signs.
No I am the type that don't tolerate idiots so good riddance.

Local news is reporting Scheffler has a May 21 court date. So looks like he's going to be staying in town longer than he planned.

ESPN has to protect their brand, nothing more. The news reports Scottie did not stop and didn't roll down his window for 30 seconds. When you make up your own set of rules, bad shit can happen. Had he showed patience, then this isn't a story. He could have hit someone when he drove on the median around the officers.

A lot of blatant ignorance on this board. You're the types than don't stop for school bus stop signs.
You are an example of the ignorance on this board with every post. He didn't make up his own rules. He literally followed other PGA Tour cars going into the grounds. I don't know where you are from but someone needs to let that village know that their idiot is loose and we found him on this board.

Local news is reporting Scheffler has a May 21 court date. So looks like he's going to be staying in town longer than he planned.
He will just hire an attorney to represent him. I am guessing he doesn't have to be in town for that first court date. At worst, he will pay a fine. If LMPD is smart, they will just drop all charges since they are bogus anyway. They've had enough bad press over the years. This won't help them at all.

I bet this get worked out with an apology and a donation. Maybe Scottie sticking up for the cop and taking the brunt of the blame. Doubt either side wants this to linger on. Pretty f'ing entertaining for a Friday at a golf major, though!

Reactions: Ron Mehico
Not a good day for anyone involved in this situation. Worst of it is the person who died and their family. My guess is the charges will be dropped and all PR BS will come out from both parties to smooth it over.

joey bosa tech GIF

If LMPD is smart they will drop the charges. If not, I’d be suing if I were Scottie.
I don’t think he has any basis to sue them. He was in the wrong by law, and provided he didn’t stop when the cop tried to open his door he is guilty of a felony. I think there is a a case to be made, but I definitely don’t think it would be strong enough that the police would drop it for anyone else in the world not named Scottie Scheffler. That said, I totally agree that it would be in the city’s best interest to at the very least reduce the charges to a misdemeanor and a fine. I would suspect that is what will happen so the cop has more of a case in civil court. Who knows, LPD and the mayor may try to make an example of him since he’s white.

I don’t think he has any basis to sue them. He was in the wrong by law, and provided he didn’t stop when the cop tried to open his door he is guilty of a felony. I think there is a a case to be made, but I definitely don’t think it would be strong enough that the police would drop it for anyone else in the world not named Scottie Scheffler. That said, I totally agree that it would be in the city’s best interest to at the very least reduce the charges to a misdemeanor and a fine. I would suspect that is what will happen so the cop has more of a case in civil court. Who knows, LPD and the mayor may try to make an example of him since he’s white.

Playing devil's advocate here but there have been multiple witnesses from different vehicles saying another officer was allowing vehicles to access Valhalla that were PGA courtesy vehicles. Apparently the arresting officer decided it wasn't allowed and he (scottie) was trying to explain the confusion of the other cop telling him he could go? Then he was ripped from his car and detained. I bet before this is all said and done the cop wasn't even drug by scottie's car. So if two cops are telling you different things how do you determine who to listen to.

Reactions: Bill - Shy Cat
Scottie should agree not to sue Louisville if they make a nice donation to the family of the person who died.

No reason to sue at all.

Classy interview by Scottie after the round.

If today isn't a sign Tiger needs to take 2 weeks off and then quit, nothing will be. Sad to see his demise like this.

Tiger going to have to get on a good roll in order to break 80.

LIV has really helped John Rahm's game. Or not.

Last time I checked we are still in the United States and everyone is presumed innocent until proven guilty.

Reactions: sefus12
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT