Votes: 2 5.9%
  • You Light Up My Life_Debbie Boone

Votes: 8 23.5%
  • Escape_Rupert Holmes

Votes: 3 8.8%
  • Seasons in the Sun_Terry Jacks

Votes: 4 11.8%

• Total voters
I voted for "Feelings" but surprised no Christopher Cross or Barry Manilow for choices.

Maybe throw in Rapture by Blondie. And for the record it WAS NOT the first rap song. I credit Rappers Delight by Sugar Hill Gang as the true first rap song. Which it is ironic, the song could make this list. Awful. Only thing saving it is it was a pioneer song.

Listening to 70s disco 24/7 would be true hell but this one would be too (1974).

Stairway take horribly bad, great, great song that I could be comfortable never hearing again...

There are many songs that would be a personal hellish experience but the first one that popped in my head was Loving You by Minnie Ripperton, yes I remember the title, and yes, I remember the artist, because I hate that song so, so, so bad...

La la la la la la...la la la la la la...lu la la la...

“Imagine”. The original. I don’t think Satan himself would be evil enough to play the celebrity early COVID version.

Stairway To Heaven is far worse than anything on your list (and the songs ON your list are abjectly terrible)
True story: I went back to college as a non-traditional student (mid 40's), it took me 1 semester get my routine down. Everytime I had a test I would go through my notes until I would feel confident then stretch out an the carpeted floor of my old red van while enjoying part of a Scooby snack and start Hotel California. It starts out mild then gets to the point that got my blood pumping keeping an eye on the time, I would time it to where I walked into the classroom directly after the instructor (so I wouldn't have to listen to the other students)...worked so well that I adopted as my regular class routine. Funny thing is I would have to confirm to the many who walked by and heard the song or smelled the aroma whether I had a test or was just attending class. Life is grand if you allow to be.

“Joy to the World” always gets old quick.
Never did fish or get into frogs … 😎

Last edited:
Blinded by the Light.....I was attending EKU at the time & while standing outside the classroom I was going into, a guy came out singing that abomination. I came close to strangling him on the spot.

Reactions: PhDcat2018
True story: I went back to college as a non-traditional student (mid 40's), it took me 1 semester get my routine down. Everytime I had a test I would go through my notes until I would feel confident then stretch out an the carpeted floor of my old red van while enjoying part of a Scooby snack and start Hotel California. It starts out mild then gets to the point that got my blood pumping keeping an eye on the time, I would time it to where I walked into the classroom directly after the instructor (so I wouldn't have to listen to the other students)...worked so well that I adopted as my regular class routine. Funny thing is I would have to confirm to the many who walked by and heard the song or smelled the aroma whether I had a test or was just attending class. Life is grand if you allow to be.
Lol

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT