ADVERTISEMENT

Per KSR

Next six weeks will be interesting for the program. I figure that means roster shakeup, coaches shown the door, and back room meetings with agents. Thoughts?
Unless Stoops is shown the door, it won't matter. We have been through multiple coordinators and position coaches through the years with little change in results. The fact that the HC is the problem should be abundantly clear to even Helen Keller at the point.

Next six weeks will be interesting for the program. I figure that means roster shakeup, coaches shown the door, and back room meetings with agents. Thoughts?
It may be just general speculation and not anything specific. I think all UK fans expect some changes. To what level, we’ll see. Personally I would like to see changes from the top down.

Last edited:
It's just speculation but I'm sure there will be movement. Woody is one I'm curious about because one or two wr interviews the last week mentioned coaching from someone else. I know woody is basically oc in waiting but it's pretty damning they brought in presumably a qa guy to actually coach that position.

I suspect Collins is the other guy in the crosshairs. CB is a weakness since he arrived. Talent level there is as low as it's ever been.

Buffano is interesting. Safety was a strength last few years but this year it's absolutely awful. Completely blowing coverage numerous, numerous times.

Jmo but wide zone absolutely should be on the chopping block. It isn't working for us and we're spoiling a brand that let us get countless talented recruits no one else wanted. Last year the offense didn't take off till we ditched wide zone. This year most of our rushing yards are with pin and pull. Go back to physical inside zone.

White is garbage...always a day late and a dollar short on adjustments...him and Yenser at an absolute bare minimum should be given hobo sticks and shown the door.

Ol' Brainfart strikes again with another dumb ass contract...he's as much to blame as anyone...he should be demoted to Volleyball and Golf team AD.

Another state the obvious statement that really means as football coach at UK I’m a thief taking a salary from these fans. Making 9 million a year with no responsibility is perfect. Thanks Mitch for the sweetheart deal.

Unless Stoops is shown the door, it won't matter. We have been through multiple coordinators and position coaches through the years with little change in results. The fact that the HC is the problem should be abundantly clear to even Helen Keller at the point.
Agreed

Reactions: colonelcat78
We can change coaches and we likely will. Stoops is never changing his methodolog.

And unless UK goes to a different conference, no changes matter anyway. We’re never going to be any more than what we are. We’re not winning the conference and will always struggle to be above .500 there. We are what we are.

Stoops makes changes to staff all the time. We are on OC number 6 and are paying over $3mill for Scang and Coen. Nothing has changed because Stoops’ philosophy won’t change. He is stuck in his Iowa football style.

Holding the recruiting class together and success in the Transfer portal will be critical. Leary never fully recovered from injuries. Just can compete without a balanced passing and run game. Team has had some good defensive games and some good offense but need both in SEC There is talent to build on.

Last edited:
Reactions: bevcat
We can change coaches and we likely will. Stoops is never changing his methodolog.

And unless UK goes to a different conference, no changes matter anyway. We’re never going to be any more than what we are. We’re not winning the conference and will always struggle to be above .500 there. We are what we are.
How do you honestly argue with this ??

This is a tactic to get fans to shut up and take the heat off Stoops “as he’s trying to clean things up.”

Barnhart is likely behind all of this. I’m sick of all this false hope from people close to the program that things are gonna change under Stoops.

Guys like Matt Jones and Kyle Tucker or heck even Stoops himself still talk like he’s in his second or third year. It’s been 11 years and we still play the same way. Only difference is we do have better players now.

I was listening to their post game show and they said the next six weeks will be interesting. I thought it might be a good discussion point among us true fans who are all tired of this Iowa cow style football.

Curious what you mean by Iowa style football? Ironically, we’ve moved away significantly from the offense that UK used with Gran - physical play with a determination to establish the run and grind opponents down. We’ve morphed into a pass heavy offense that takes way too many shots 20+ yards downfield while one of the best RB in the nation languishes on the bench.

While the defense took a big step back this year the offense has been the problem more often than not. And it’s becoming more apparent that it’s because we’re trying to make something work that’s not there.

When you can’t even get the play called and lined up on offense with the season almost over you’ve got problems. Getting the right personnel in on both sides of the ball is always a problem. The players just seem lost and confused on what they’re running, where to lineup, missed defensive assignments, couldn’t even get lined up on defense against TN. These are all a bad look and the responsibilities of the staff.
If Louisville thrashes us it’s proof it doesn’t take 10 years to turn a program around.

It doesn't matter. This is and always has been Mark Stoops. He's making 9 million a year to coach scared and conservative. So much so that it costs us the game more often than not. 9 million dollars a year and he seems to have a very below-average knowledge of the game. Xs and Os, situational awareness, preparation, offensive/defensive strategy, it's all just a train wreck and it has been throughout his tenure. 9 million dollars a year for a team to be so disoragnized and undisciplined to the point where it cripples us at some of the most important parts of these games. 9 million dollars a year to actively NOT try to score points. How many times does he run the clock out to get to halftime instead of trying for a quick score? It's all coaching malpractice and it has to be addressed.

Then there's the arrogance of the "pony up" comment. It's one thing if a guy like Nick Saban says that, but what has Stoops really won? He's not the coaching genius he obviously thinks he is just because we went 10-3 and won two Citrus Bowls. Those were fun seasons but each of our three losses those years were because of his below-average coaching abilities and for not having his teams prepared against inferior opponents. Tennessee finished 5-7 in 2018, and they dominated us 24-7 in Knoxville. Our 2021 team with Will Levis and Wan'Dale could only put up 17 points in a loss at a very average Mississippi State team who finished 7-6 that season.

It may be just general speculation and not anything specific. I think all UK fans expect some changes. To what level, we’ll see. Personally I would like to see changes from the top down.
He’s been willing to make changes whether legitimate attempts or just stretching his leashe or both. It just never comes across as though he really has any feel or vision for what he’s trying to do. He just looks in the rear view and then makes hires to build a narrative around for the short term. Personality wise he always seemed like a guy that that wouldn’t get comfortable but that second citrus bowl and raise after a dud season might have done it. Vince married a local girl and he’s comfy now stoops with his girlfriend there a couple years after his split and maybe he is comfy.

The biggest issue to me with him is that he’s reactionary and not visionary. Both in the way he coaches the game and in how he runs the program. Knows it needs to get better but doesn’t know how because he clings to formulas and things that worked once. His gravitation toward soft conservative football existed before UK so I don’t know that he can ever let that go enough to play the modern game where it’s more about making a play than it is not giving one up. As dry as Iowa football is their d at least is a d that can force the issue

Last edited:
!!!!!!!!....MS knows more than the GOAT.
He said college football has officially become an offensive game. "It used to be that good defense beats good offense. Good defense doesn't beat good offense anymore," Saban told ESPN on Friday.

Reactions: TNTUK
People are crying about NIL money but let me ask you this. Did the SC roster have more talent than us? I say no way. So games like last night aren’t about talent. No matter the talent, the crappiest team in the country should be able to call a play, get lined up, and run the called play. Stoops teams can’t. High school teams could walk out on the field and get lined up. And sometimes it’s right after a timeout or to start the half. NIL won’t fix that.

This says nothing. They make a vague statement and if there is a major development they say they knew but couldn't tell ys. Nothing new from ksr
Exactly. Matt's MO is and always will be to keep people attached to watch ads and make money. "Something happening over the next 6 weeks" means nothing more than "gotta put out a carrot to keep people engaged after the season is over so we can get eyeballs on ads and $$ in the account".

Reactions: entropy13
Stoops makes changes to staff all the time. We are on OC number 6 and are paying over $3mill for Scang and Coen. Nothing has changed because Stoops’ philosophy won’t change. He is stuck in his Iowa football style.

Nothing about this offense is stoops brand of football. We barely run and we continuously go deep despite it not working.

Why are fans so reluctant to blame coen?

It's just speculation but I'm sure there will be movement. Woody is one I'm curious about because one or two wr interviews the last week mentioned coaching from someone else. I know woody is basically oc in waiting but it's pretty damning they brought in presumably a qa guy to actually coach that position.

I suspect Collins is the other guy in the crosshairs. CB is a weakness since he arrived. Talent level there is as low as it's ever been.

Buffano is interesting. Safety was a strength last few years but this year it's absolutely awful. Completely blowing coverage numerous, numerous times.

Jmo but wide zone absolutely should be on the chopping block. It isn't working for us and we're spoiling a brand that let us get countless talented recruits no one else wanted. Last year the offense didn't take off till we ditched wide zone. This year most of our rushing yards are with pin and pull. Go back to physical inside zone.
Wondering about Coen and his health scare. Prior Coen was on the sidelines and Woodward in the press box then they switched places after the Coen event. I don't know what I'm trying to say but Coen doesn't seem to be the same coach post health scare.

SECN talking heads said in their coverage last night, UK's O's problems were 1st Down. They start too many drives second and 10 or second and long.

FWIW, Collins signed a contract extension, 2 years I think, last summer.

Reactions: bigblueinsanity
KSR with meaningless made up convo as usual.

They will defend Stoops until they die.

They won't have access for bball again until cal leaves so they have to remain Stoops lapdogs.
Yeah, pretty much leaves it wide open by saying something will happen in the next six weeks like they know something but actually don’t have a clue. Then a bunch of dumbasses but into it like Matt is going to break a story.

It’s scapegoat season for Stoops. Which offensive coach will it be this time? I’m going with Coen or Woodward, then all will be well. We know dang well he’ll never do anything to shake up his vanilla defense or its staff.

I’ve been on the side that can’t fire stoops and other reasons are the problem. It’s all stoops, his coaching play style is bad, and it’s time for Kentucky to cut ties and start over with somebody more modern

Reactions: K86 and bigbluedon
Nothing about this offense is stoops brand of football. We barely run and we continuously go deep despite it not working.

Why are fans so reluctant to blame coen?
Yeah, Stoops even said after the Mizzou game that if we’re going to grow as a program then we need to work on our passing game. Problem is you can’t totally abandon what’s been your bell cow and put it all in the hands of a struggling qb with mediocre receivers. And we seldom target our best wr Tayvion Robinson for some inexplicable reason.

Wondering about Coen and his health scare. Prior Coen was on the sidelines and Woodward in the press box then they switched places after the Coen event. I don't know what I'm trying to say but Coen doesn't seem to be the same coach post health scare.

SECN talking heads said in their coverage last night, UK's O's problems were 1st Down. They start too many drives second and 10 or second and long.

FWIW, Collins signed a contract extension, 2 years I think, last summer.

Coen's schemes and concepts are still good. Most of his play calls are still great. It's the refusal to stick with the run and forcing touches to one no productive guy is the big issue. I do wonder if there was a rift that caused the whole ordeal and sent him upstairs.

The few times we run the ball it's always on first down. Even then we didn't get behind the chains till second down when we'd force the ball to brown.

I remember that extension I just think he's still in trouble. We don't pay him that much and other than max, his talent development just isn't there. Robinson is sad and Dru is on the field because he's the best of the rest. We used to haul in nice cb recruits now we have no one.

Reactions: 23jumpboy
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT