ADVERTISEMENT

Penny Wants Home/Home Series w/UK

Every time some little basketball program starts feeling good about themselves. What's the 1st thing they all want to do? They want to play Kentucky. I remember when Denny Crum came to UofL how him & the UofL fans starting running their mouths about wanting to play Kentucky. Wonder how they like playing us now? Then anytime Cincinnati has a decent team. What do their fans want? Yeap, you guess right, they want to play Kentucky. And now Memphis has started. It's obvious, that UK is the measuring stick that these little wannabe basketball programs measure themselves by.

kaley-cuoco-the-big-bang-theory-penny-season-11-2017.jpg

Every man wants a home-n-home with that Penny.
giphy.gif

Last edited:
Reactions: kev69
There is a lot more for Memphis to gain then Kentucky. UK is already an established powerhouse while Memphis simply is not (they have potential to be someday).

If Kentucky wins the narrative is "so what, they were supposed to".

If Memphis wins the narrative is "Here comes Penny! He topples his first giant, momentum can't be stopped etc.... What's wrong with Kentucky?"

Reactions: wildcatwelder
I'd say yeah.......... lets play them in memphis next year so we can beat down Wiseman and DJ Jefferies and make them wish they never chose tigers over wildcats.

Dont care what you say.......... I'll believe those two are already tigers until a miracle happens and they announce for someone else other than Memphis.

Sorry Pennywise, we only float banners, not balloons.

Back to the sewers for you, clown.

Screw Penny
Screw Memphis
Screw Memphis fans

So no.

Well, this is how we gon do this: Screw Penny! Screw Mike Miller! Screw Memphis as a staff, team and a motherfreakin school! And if you wanna be down with Memphis, then screw you too!

We'll schedule that home and home series with Memphis just as soon as we finish the home and home with WKU, Murray, and Indiana. In other words, when Hell freezes over.

Of course he does! It’s a no win scenario for UK. If we beat them, then we were suppose to. If we happened to lose, then he’ll use that to recruit against us.

Cal should make a trade: we'll give Penny four years of a home and home if Penny concedes Wiseman to UK.

Or just take him, and if he's not smart enough to know what's good for him, let'm go suck in Memphis for a season and lose 3-10 spots in the NBA draft.

Cuz hey, Penny has some shoes and is super popular in Shelby County.

Reactions: Son_Of_Saul
Penny is trying to be the new guy at a new school. Pick out the biggest and baddest and beat them up. To bad for him....... it won’t happen, and he will just blend in with everyone else as he walks down the hall.

I say yes. But, unlike some here I guess, I've always been more of a play anyone anywhere type of fan. Damn, a lot of people here sound like duke fans...."they can play us in Lexington, but we shouldn't have to go to Memphis".

He's only doing what's good for Penny. Now he can say they don't want any part of us and Dick Vitale will chime in with why doesn't UK play Memphis.

Good short term strategy but as he and Memphis have their inevitable flame out the only one left to talk about it will be Vitale. Penny will or will not be successful but either way he'll eventually leave Memphis and give their fans someone else to hate.

Who is eager to spend the night in crime city for a basketball game or invite then here for a home and home? We all know what's said about wrestling with pigs in the mud.

Hell we already play UL.

Memphis is not worthy of a home and home with Kentucky.

Period.

Penny just needs to worry about winning his mid-major conference.

He's cocky at the moment but he's yet to actually coach a game and he won't have the benefit of getting to recruit kids he coached in AAU forever.

Penny already piggy backed off Calipari to land his coaching job.

Now he wants to use the Kentucky brand to make his program relevant.

It’s still a business, while I don’t think Memphis is worthy of landing Kentucky on their schedule till they prove their program is competitive, end of the day it’s a business. Split revenue 90 percent to Kentucky and 10 percent Memphis, wouldn’t mind kicking their ass for that pay day.

I want Kentucky to do a home and home with Marshall. It’s a close trip, Kentucky wouldn’t lose and it would be the biggest game in their history.

Many have touched upon the what does UK have to gain from such an arrangement already in this thread so I will just add to those thoughts. Normally, the home and home series are arranged between blue bloods or huge rivals, neither of which Memphis is qualified to be. We quit the series with IU because of horrible treatment towards our players and fans and, particularly, the safety of our players on the court. Why in the world would we go into Memphis where the risk for something bad happening is even far worse? It would make no sense at all for Cal and UK to agree to such a home and home series with a school that, first, is currently considered just a mid major at best and a very dangerous environment for our players, coaches and fans. Makes no sense to agree to a home and home with Memphis.

I say yes. But, unlike some here I guess, I've always been more of a play anyone anywhere type of fan. Damn, a lot of people here sound like duke fans...."they can play us in Lexington, but we shouldn't have to go to Memphis".

You hang around Duke fans?

Trying to make his team one of the big boys without earning it.

No thanks, I see little to gain there.

That'd be a waste of a game slot for us. I will give Penny credit though, he's using UK to help bolster his stock at memphis. Hopefully we don't have to hear Dick V yelling that we should take this series, like he does with iu.

Get ready for it because we know this is exactly what ol cyclops is going to do

Reactions: WeWant9
Xavier, Cincinnati, Michigan, Maryland, Arizona, Miami, Virginia, Villanova, Gonzaga, Butler, Wichita State, St. John's, Florida State, Marquette, Purdue, Norte Dame, UConn, Syracuse, Georgetown, Pitt, Ga. Tech and several others are ahead of Memphis on the list of schools UK should consider for home and away series.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT