ADVERTISEMENT

Overtime Elite and Cal

SemperFiCat

All-American
Mar 2, 2009
Central Indy
Let me start by saying, I know nothing about OTE and how it actually works or exists. But, it seems to me OTE and Cal have the exact same priorities. Everyone knows the goal, and nobody cares about wins and losses or championships. Seems to me, Cal and OTE are a match made in heaven.

But here's a wrinkle in that; Cal actually cares more about people thinking he made these kids rich, than the kids actually getting rich. IMO. There would be no spot light on Cal with OTE. Not sure his ego could handle that. If Cal truly only cared about the kids and getting kids paid, OTE would be a dream destination for him. He could end generational poverty without having to pretend that he cares about winning. Also, you'd think OTE and the NBA would love to have a big name like Cal.

Let me start by saying, I know nothing about OTE and how it actually works or exists. But, it seems to me OTE and Cal have the exact same priorities. Everyone knows the goal, and nobody cares about wins and losses or championships. Seems to me, Cal and OTE are a match made in heaven.

But here's a wrinkle in that; Cal actually cares more about people thinking he made these kids rich, than the kids actually getting rich. IMO. There would be no spot light on Cal with OTE. Not sure his ego could handle that. If Cal truly only cared about the kids and getting kids paid, OTE would be a dream destination for him. He could end generational poverty without having to pretend that he cares about winning. Also, you'd think OTE and the NBA would love to have a big name like Cal.
Sounds interesting, but your caveat is probably true. Cal wants to be seen in the spotlight for what he thinks he's doing for these kids, and UK provides that (plus a meaty salary to boot).

I think all this talk, though, is premature until we see what the hell is going to happen with Cal and UK. No one knows anything, at least not definitive and final, just a bunch of chatter on the most unreliable source on earth - social media and message boards.

Sounds interesting, but your caveat is probably true. Cal wants to be seen in the spotlight for what he thinks he's doing for these kids, and UK provides that (plus a meaty salary to boot).

I think all this talk, though, is premature until we see what the hell is going to happen with Cal and UK. No one knows anything, at least not definitive and final, just a bunch of chatter on the most unreliable source on earth - social media and message boards.
Yeah, I didn't think about the salary part. OTE can't sniff Cal's current salary. But I'm sure Cal knows he will be taking a substantial haircut with his next job, no matter where it is.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT