ADVERTISEMENT

Any Cincinnati Royal fans left.

52T

Oct 26, 2023
Had a great team but were a center away from competing. Back then you got the players closest to you so they wound up with Oscar and Lucas both. Both great. I'm still a a fan. Anyone know who they are now

My uncle would always talk about how much he loved the Royals. He passed away a few years back. They had the jerseys as throwbacks for the Kings in a 2k game at one point. I haven't played a 2k in years to know if they still do it

Reactions: J_Dee
Odie has been a good family friend for years. Wouldn’t know much about the Royals if it wasn’t for him. He has always claimed Oscar was the most talented player to ever play the game.

Reactions: J_Dee
Had a great team but were a center away from competing. Back then you got the players closest to you so they wound up with Oscar and Lucas both. Both great. I'm still a a fan. Anyone know who they are now

I'd watch being that I grew up in NKY and live in the area....that said, cannot ever find them on TV. Are they on Bally Sports Ohio or what?

Can you imagine if they were still in town and you still got the closest players. It could be a all kentucky team

I sat next to Adrian Smith at a UK game. Recognized him. Surprised at his smaller size. He had a NCAA championship ring. I complimented him on it and teasingly asked if he got it at Kentucky Korner in the basement of Rupp.

He said “ Oh no I was on the team and played”. I said really? Then told him I knew who he was and that he was an NBA All Star and 1966 NBA All Star mvp. Also on the US 1960 Olympic team.

We talked a lot. Nice gentleman. He laughed when I asked him if his team needed a coach standing and screaming out instructions the whole game? No he said. Both guards could bring the ball up and recognized immediately what plays to run. Odie said that Coach Rupp said if he had to call out plays to guys who had been in his practices they wouldn’t be on the court.

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT