ADVERTISEMENT

Over/Under on 28.5 wins?

kev69

All-American
Feb 26, 2007
My sweet Gizmo 2002-2018
...what do you have?

Keep in mind that heading into the SEC Tournament, we will have played a total of 31 regular season games, with the potential for 9 postseason games.

Last edited:
I am going with 31-7. I believe we take a handful of losses on the road in the SEC. We could also potentially take a loss at West Virginia. If we have six or less losses after the SEC tournament has concluded, then I believe Calipari will have done a damn fine job this season.

I am going with 31-7. I believe we take a handful of losses on the road in the SEC. We could also potentially take a loss at West Virginia. If we have six or less losses after the SEC tournament has concluded, then I believe Calipari will have done a damn fine job this season.
Under your scenario we make it to A FF.
NO way. I'm sorry. At least, not as we are now. We would have at least triple how good we got from this point. I'm going under. 26 wins.

NO way. I'm sorry. At least, not as we are now. We would have at least triple how good we got from this point. I'm going under. 26 wins.
It would mean losing in the elite eight, not final four.

That would be an elite 8 trip. I also think it's reasonable to expect we will be better by then as well. Also, how would you quantify us being 3x better than we are now?

Under. I think this truly freshman team is going to be schooled on the road in the SEC. When's the last time the SEC ever had 3 teams ranked in the top 10? And every road game we play is a something out, and a free t-shirt night because we are UK. Beat us though you may don't forget that. We own this conference in basketball.

Over ..
Upside is higher than last year.
Depth and size .
Traditional team 2 guards,sm. & big fwd. plus center.
No more 3 guard lineups.

Like our team now; tournament here we come.

Last edited:
Yes, obviously "under". No question about that. We will lose some games in December and January, while our freshmen mature. But the ceilings on Richards, Knox, Washington, Diallo, SGA are considerably higher than their November performances.

Need to get Vanderbilt back to answer this question.
I think our fans must get used to the rapidly increasing likelihood that Vanderbilt won't play for us this year, and maybe never. Our current team won't miss JV, since he has never been on the floor with them. But if he comes back healthy next year, he could be a difference maker.

I'll go with 34-6 with NC #9. My heart.
I'll go with 32-8 with maybe a NC#9. My head.
I'll go with 31-9 with Higgins as the Ref somewhere along the way.

Whatever happens love me some UK basketball players and our coach.

Reactions: Bobcat94

No, you're wrong.
38 games, could mean make it to the SEC championship game (w/ an opening round bye, so 3 SEC-T games), AND then losing in the Elite 8.
31+3+4=38

Under....23-8 heading into SEC tourney, win 2 or 3 there and probably 1-2 in the NCAA tourney for a final record of something like 27-10

I think our fans must get used to the rapidly increasing likelihood that Vanderbilt won't play for us this year, and maybe never. Our current team won't miss JV, since he has never been on the floor with them. But if he comes back healthy next year, he could be a difference maker.

You can't say that ("he won't play"). At worst you can say "he may not play".
No doubt he wants to play, both for his competitive nature, AND if he has any dreams of being a OAD.
I think he plays. Will it be late Dec, early Jan, late Jan, later, who knows. My best guess is early-mid Jan, and if it's after say the first week of Feb, then I say he doesn't play.

I'll take 28 and the barely under. 24 regular season, two in the SEC tournament and two in the NCAA tournament.

Under. Lack of consistent shooting bites us. Teams will pack in a zone

You can't say that ("he won't play"). At worst you can say "he may not play".
LOL! This is a great example why you have to actually read what you are criticizing before responding to it. I said our fans need to get used to the increasing likelihood that he won't play. I never said "he won't play".

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT