ADVERTISEMENT

Over/Under on 28.5 wins?

under. by math I think we win 28 on the nose. Looking at the wiki, we have only had under 28 wins twice under cal. Once was two years ago with the Murray squad and the NIT year. That said we are young and there are so many questions. That said would love to see us hit 30 wins.

I'll say over. We win at least 2 in the SEC tournament, and 3 in the NCAA tournament, which means we would have to finish the regular season at least 24-7. I think we will finish better than that, so I'll take the over.

No idea, haha. @Elijah55 might have an idea since he thinks that what it would take for us to make a FF.
Not sure what you're talking about but Il tell you this, this team would certainly have to have a ton of luck to get to a FF. You want realistic? Or sunshine pumped up your Ass?
It CAN happen.....but what we need is a team with experience coupled with young talent to win it. Even 2014 still had a little experience. We need teams like 2012, 1996, 2015.

No, you're wrong.
38 games, could mean make it to the SEC championship game (w/ an opening round bye, so 3 SEC-T games), AND then losing in the Elite 8.
31+3+4=38
Huh. The most games you can play is 40....unless we sucked so bad in league play we started on opening day in wich case we would play 42 games. But truth is, 40 is topps. We will get a bye

Cal has won more than 28 games 6 out of 8 years. 1 of those two years he didn't..he won 27.

I am taking the OVER.

Not sure what you're talking about but Il tell you this, this team would certainly have to have a ton of luck to get to a FF. You want realistic? Or sunshine pumped up your Ass?
It CAN happen.....but what we need is a team with experience coupled with young talent to win it. Even 2014 still had a little experience. We need teams like 2012, 1996, 2015.

I was referring to what you said earlier in the thread, saying we needed to be three times better than we are to make a FF. I'm not sure how you quantify that exactly. I don't disagree that experience can help quite a bit.

I was referring to what you said earlier in the thread, saying we needed to be three times better than we are to make a FF. I'm not sure how you quantify that exactly. I don't disagree that experience can help quite a bit.
I'm simply saying we got a ways to go. I have no doubt end of the year the product will be a better product than now. The real question is the best we got enough? I can tell this year, it's not. Unless it just clicks in every freshmen head. Like end of 2014. This team is ahead of 2013 team for cal second worse team since he has been here.

Now I know that makes it sound bad but we have been blessed with good teams. Even 2013 was likely head d for a 9 ish seed before Noel went down. This team will get a 8 seed. Conference play is gonna eat our lunch. I see us finishing third, or fourth in SEC. Good enough for an 8 seed. I wish it could be argued that playing top 6 guys are freshmen don't matter, but truth is, until we start getting great players to come back, we will NEVER win another ship. It makes me sick to see since 2010 Duke win two titles, and UNC should have won two in a row. That's 4 titles in last 7 years, and it's all because they have projected 1st round pics returning to school. We can't hold on to not projected to even be drafted guys. We all love our coach but I wish he put some common sense into a few who need to come back.

One last thing, Alot of posters love that we push these guys through way to fast. To alot of people, it's all about how many NBA players we get. I'd rather win the how many championship war we have anyday of the week then how many we put in the league.

I care less about NBA, I'm a KENTUCKY BASKETBALL FAN...NOT NBA are us fan.

I'm simply saying we got a ways to go. I have no doubt end of the year the product will be a better product than now. The real question is the best we got enough? I can tell this year, it's not. Unless it just clicks in every freshmen head. Like end of 2014. This team is ahead of 2013 team for cal second worse team since he has been here.

Now I know that makes it sound bad but we have been blessed with good teams. Even 2013 was likely head d for a 9 ish seed before Noel went down. This team will get a 8 seed. Conference play is gonna eat our lunch. I see us finishing third, or fourth in SEC. Good enough for an 8 seed. I wish it could be argued that playing top 6 guys are freshmen don't matter, but truth is, until we start getting great players to come back, we will NEVER win another ship. It makes me sick to see since 2010 Duke win two titles, and UNC should have won two in a row. That's 4 titles in last 7 years, and it's all because they have projected 1st round pics returning to school. We can't hold on to not projected to even be drafted guys. We all love our coach but I wish he put some common sense into a few who need to come back.

One last thing, Alot of posters love that we push these guys through way to fast. To alot of people, it's all about how many NBA players we get. I'd rather win the how many championship war we have anyday of the week then how many we put in the league.

I care less about NBA, I'm a KENTUCKY BASKETBALL FAN...NOT NBA are us fan.

I can see why you may think that, but its still too early for me to be making any predictions about this team come march. I mean Florida just lost to Loyola-Chicago at home and trailed a large portion of the game. Kansas got whipped by Washington. That's two VERY experienced teams with embarrassing losses. I can see your scenario unfold the way you described, but I also see a path for success for this team. I'm patiently going to wait and see.

Reactions: Elijah55
25-6 going into the SEC tournament. 28-6 going into NCAA tournament. 34-6 to end the season. Go Big Blue

I can see why you may think that, but its still too early for me to be making any predictions about this team come march. I mean Florida just lost to Loyola-Chicago at home and trailed a large portion of the game. Kansas got whipped by Washington. That's two VERY experienced teams with embarrassing losses. I can see your scenario unfold the way you described, but I also see a path for success for this team. I'm patiently going to wait and see.
It's true, anything can happen. I'm not gonna garuntee we don't reach a FF. Anything can happen. I agree.

Reactions: ConRay9
ADVERTISEMENT