ADVERTISEMENT

Our Offense Tonight

Defense not getting off the field doesn’t help. Hard to play offense when the ball is with the other team. Time to start looking this issue as a team problem. Typical stoops bend don’t break defense with this running clock will not allow for more offensive production. Can’t blame this all on the scheme.

Reactions: dgatins
That was the point of my post.

We have got to find a way to run more plays on offense.

We are stuck in the mud for some reason.
All the top teams snap it at a much higher rate than we do. We are not a top 25 team most of the time and squeaking by teams we should be blowing out is part of the reason. Stoops said in his first radio show that we didn't even have the capability of speeding it up last year. He said we did this year, but so far it looks to be as slow as ever. Stoops likes to keep the defense off the field, but unfortunately a poor offense has usually kept us from taking the next step up.

Ran 49 total plays if the stat sheet is right.

TN ran 29 plays.............in the 3rd quarter!!!!!

Simply inexcusable the pace of our offense under CMS.

And no way to win many (if any) SEC games at this pace.
Do you have to be fast or effective?

Ran 49 total plays if the stat sheet is right.

TN ran 29 plays.............in the 3rd quarter!!!!!

Simply inexcusable the pace of our offense under CMS.

And no way to win many (if any) SEC games at this pace.
Tennessee lost. Kentucky won.

It seems to me that Leary is a down the field passer, and he’s got receivers who can support that. That’s one reason the offense isn’t out there for 10 minutes at a time.

League games are gonna require U.S. to grind.

Cohen, after his medical issue last week, was calling plays from the booth. That adds another dimension, and more seconds to getting the play off. OP needs to find another thing to bitch about.

Actually, 20 WILL beat Bama if you looked at their game yesterday.

Not sure I follow. What does yesterday's game have to do with the uk bama game in November?

If you think Bama will still look like that by 11.11 keep living n the fantasy world u live in. Saban will figure something out.

Reactions: ManitouDan
That was the point of my post.

We have got to find a way to run more plays on offense.

We are stuck in the mud for some reason.

And that makes me really sad......
If Davis is running 50+ yards a play I’m down to run less plays.

I yelled at the screen a few times tonight telling our defense to get lined up. Absolutely will get us burned.
Very very VERY frustrating as it happens every damn year .. season after season .. against up tempo we refuse to bust ass to the line and get set.. drives me bonkers

Also there is several people who say “ oh we will open it up against Blah blah blah … “ nope it’s just boring weak offense with very little imagination . It’s big tin ball

Guys, we've known who CMS is for 13 years now. Every season it's the same whining about the same ole shit.

He is an old mid-west, defense, run, field position guy.

We're lucky he progressed a tad bit and brought in a younger more modern offense guy in LC. That was a big step for him but he's still clearly not to the point where he wants to totally get out of the way and let the offensive staff run things.

People are obsessed with tempo. We don't have tempo personnel or coaches. LC is a modern pro-style guy but he's not from a tempo or "basketball on grass" lineage.

Also, if the team isn't all that sharp and has some things they need to work out, why do you all want them going faster? That's a recipe for disaster. That's when more mistakes will be made.

LC's offense is an upgrade from every other offense we've had under Stoops and good enough to score and win ball games in this conference, but it's not fireworks show.

You missed the point, again John. But, Carry on, sir.

P.S. CMS was pi$$ed about the offense, too.
But I guess he doesn't know anything about it, right???
I'm good at missing points. Thanks for noticing. I would like to ser more snaps too, but let's not forget, as Herman Edwards said, you play to win the game.

P.S. CMS was pi$$ed about the offense, too.
But I guess he doesn't know anything about it, right???
So was Liam Coen. He sounded like their were MULTIPLE players not executing the plays correctly. This will be week 4 coming up and even though it's Vandy, if we continue to make the STUPID unforced errors that we have these first 3 games, they will beat us.

Number of snaps DEFINITELY needs to increase. The biggest way to increase them is to stop the DUMB mistakes, stay in front of the chains, convert on 3rd down AND defense stop the opponent on 3rd down.

If we can VASTLY improve in those 4 areas, this team has the talent to win a lot of games, but if we don't, we could also lose a lot. The FIXING HAS TO START NOW!!!!!

I'm more concerned about scoring more points than the other team than I am about how many plays we run.

It was good to learn that we have another top back in DSK. Highest grade so our depth at RB looks good enough to survive the season. And really happy for Robinson playing this good all season. A veteran that Leary can count on kind of like WR was. Grading out that high, he is playing lights out. It was a great thing that everybody got to play also. Gives the coaches a better idea who looks like they can contribute going into conference play.

Dinkins was really fast off the snap count when he was in there. Rayner making several tackles is huge for our LB's because Jackson has not been doing a lot so far. Both corners was good. We look close to knowing who we can use on defense. Wade and Fearby may be making a move also. Still need to get that OL figured out. Get Horsey back and see if Bowles needs to be in the rotation.

We do need to pick our tempo up but yesterday we had. A ton of explosives. Lack of plays wasn’t the issue

I'm betting against Vandy we call far fewer pass plays in the 1st half & run Davis & DSK often. IMO we have been working the rust off Leary against manageable opponents. The staff knows Davis can run it.

Kind of like 2021.....in September, against winnable nonconference opponents Coen had Levis pass a bunch. But against Mizzou we ran CRod like crazy.

Reactions: cathouse
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT