ADVERTISEMENT

Why is our offense stuck in the mud and how does it get fixed?

PensacolaBlue

Blue Chip Prospect
Nov 26, 2022
It’s been well publicized that we run the fewest plays in college football and our offense runs at a snails pace. I’m very concerned our coaches haven’t tried to speed things up, especially with who our QB is…or have I just missed it? Do you think we’ll see more of the same these last two weeks or will there be a change in strategy? What happens during the offseason to change the opinion of fans and recruits that this offense is Iowaesque? Starting to have my doubts about Coen.

Last edited:
It is a true pro style offense. If they could get the execution down, then no one would complain about the pace. It is designed to have long drives and burn clock which should score points. Problem is the defense can get off the field and puts the offense in a catch up mode.

It’s been well publicized that we run the fewest plays in college football and our offense runs at a snails pace. I’m very concerned our coaches haven’t tried to speed things up, especially with who our QB is…or have I just missed it? Do you think we’ll see more of the same these last two weeks or will there be a change in strategy? What happens during the offseason to change the opinion of fans and recruits that this offense is Iowaesque? Starting to have my doubts about Coen.
One word
IOWA

Cats are #97 in Total Offense. Only 3 SEC teams are worse (#103 MSU, #109 Vandy and #113 AR). I won't mention anything else.

Peace

I don’t even think this is up for debate anymore. It’s Stoops’ philosophy. As for what it will take for it to change, I’d say him deciding it’s time to move on from UK. He’s shown no inclination to have an offense that can rank in the top 60 in the country.

This is who Stoops is as a coach in regards to offense. He’s not changing.

I don’t even think this is up for debate anymore. It’s Stoops’ philosophy. As for what it will take for it to change, I’d say him deciding it’s time to move on from UK. He’s shown no inclination to have an offense that can rank in the top 60 in the country.

This is who Stoops is as a coach in regards to offense. He’s not changing.

And this year the D is giving up like 30 a game in SEC play so it's amazing we have a shot to finish 8 and 4 overall.

I think what irritates me most about the lack of plays is that the coaches act like that’s completely out of their control. Like it’s only external things that influence it. It’s always the other team and how they play or unusual circumstances in a game. Bullshit! If you wanted to get more plays off, you’d do it. Your practice and philosophy would be geared around it. Having said that, it only changes with Stoops leaving, unfortunately.

I think what irritates me most about the lack of plays is that the coaches act like that’s completely out of their control. Like it’s only external things that influence it. It’s always the other team and how they play or unusual circumstances in a game. Bullshit! If you wanted to get more plays off, you’d do it. Your practice and philosophy would be geared around it. Having said that, it only changes with Stoops leaving, unfortunately.
Or MS has a CTJM and truly Changes

Reactions: IFerg1969
Stoops philosophy of Ball Control to shorten game and win with Defense which he never going change is what we stuck with. This Philosophy will win games with Ga., Bama, OSU and Mich. talent but that never going to be seen at UK.
- I presume he thinks we're constantly outmanned despite his great recruiting & so wants fewer plays. Of course fewer plays means less entertainment for your buck.
- Fewer O plays is getting less reps for improved execution.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT