ADVERTISEMENT

Our Frosh OLinemen

Wow, Kinnard’s weight seems high. If that is correct then he has put on 40+ lbs since signing. He was listed at 315 as a recruit. Surely, he’s not really 357.

Strange. UKathletics.com has the three listed as RS freshmen but if you go to the top of this page and click on football and then roster it has them as sophomores.

I rarely trust the roster on Rivals. It has been out of date more times than I can remember over the years.

I was also surprised there is an updated roster since the coaches reportedly didn't distribute one at SEC Media Days.

Thanks for all of those who replied above to clarify the location of the roster.

I rarely trust the roster on Rivals. It has been out of date more times than I can remember over the years.

I was also surprised there is an updated roster since the coaches reportedly didn't distribute one at SEC Media Days.

Thanks for all of those who replied above to clarify the location of the roster.

You are correct. Ever since they started sending you to Yahoo sports it has absolutely sucked. Doesn't even show a depth chart. I don't know if it's Rivals or Cats Illustrated that made that call but they made a horrible decision.

You are correct. Ever since they started sending you to Yahoo sports it has absolutely sucked. Doesn't even show a depth chart. I don't know if it's Rivals or Cats Illustrated that made that call but they made a horrible decision.
That and getting rid of their recruiting profiles. I always came to Rivals for recruiting but not anymore.

I don't know his status that was just my pathetic attempt at humor:

This idiom uses raring for rearing, and alludes to a horse's standing on its hind legs when it is anxious to get moving.
Sorry but when you have to explain the joke it kinda loses its humorous edge.

I don't know his status that was just my pathetic attempt at humor:

This idiom uses raring for rearing, and alludes to a horse's standing on its hind legs when it is anxious to get moving.
No, I caught that, "liked" it as it were. Just hoping the guy can return to playing status, disappointed none of the crack KY sports media haven't followed up on his story. Thanks.

Austin Dotson – 322

Sebastian Dolcine - 318

Kenneth Horsey – 332

Darian Kinnard – 357

Nick Lewis – 367

Naasir Watkins – 318

Quitin Wilson - 311
Much more to it than being big of course. Do the have a solid base? Do they have the strength for the position? Do they have the quickness to get off the LOS to block LBs? Just a few of the things needed to be an effective SEC OL.

Reactions: UKCatnNC
Much more to it than being big of course. Do the have a solid base? Do they have the strength for the position? Do they have the quickness to get off the LOS to block LBs? Just a few of the things needed to be an effective SEC OL.

No doubt. I made no conclusions. That said, 240 with great quickness and technique won’t cut it in the SEC.

All very true. Also, OL newcomers usually need at least a year or two of learning about footwork and balance. But the bigger question is whether the freshman will even get onto the field. The depth chart is mostly manned by older players just as big. I can see Watkins and Dolcine possibly winning roles on the playing chart by October. The other freshmen won't, and Horsey is recovering from heart surgery.

ADVERTISEMENT