ADVERTISEMENT

Our Frosh OLinemen

Those kind of numbers have the making for the biggest line in the country by the time they're Jr/Sr.

Reactions: Ky grandpa
Those kind of numbers have the making for the biggest line in the country by the time they're Jr/Sr.
That won't happen. If it did, it would be a sign of lazy nutrition and inadequate conditioning.

The guys who win the playing time will be the best conditioned and most technically sound. They will be big, too. But they may not be biggest players on the team.

Reactions: Rembrandt90
True, for some strange reason UK's roster lists by academic year instead by athletic eligibility.
It is about as accurate as the game participation report each week. Why does a multi-million dollar organization run like a church league sometimes?

Reactions: mrschwump
The confusion about class of eligibility of the OL mentioned in this thread and the lists of players who participated in a game which is released the next day.

When I look at the roster at UK’s website, I don’t see confusion about the eligibility of the players.

LT- Kinnard
LG- Horsey
C- Wilson
RT- Lewis

Does that look about right? I look for all these guys to RS because we are a legit two deep (4 deep at RG) at every position on the OL.

Reactions: The-Hack
I was responding to 502cats post. Go read his/her post in this thread.

I did not understand either complaint. I realize that the staffer who accounts for who played sometimes gets it wrong, often when shared numbers are involved. Just not sure why people are complaining.

Just amazing what our staff is doing right now. Building a SEC Powerhouse!! It’s been my great joy to watch UK Football, and even with the losing and winning some, I’ve always loved watching the blue and white!! It’s just different right now. The excitement around the program, the young guys, the size, the speed, the competition at almost every position and knowing if you play hard, you’ll actually have a chance to win every single game!!

I’ve never saw this much depth overall, just so many great players that are working their butts off and waiting for their turn!! It’s truly the best I’ve seen it here as far as all around potential. We’ve always had a couple great players, but now it’s spread out so evenly, and we’ve got guys redshirting and some playing on special teams that would’ve started a few years ago. Haha.

As crazy as this is to say, it’s actually made my life better somehow! Lol. I know that sounds weird to say but it really has. It’s gave me hope and something to be proud of and soo much enjoyment the last couple of years. I honestly can’t thank Coach Stoops enough, for the hard work and the patience he’s showing. He’s building this program the right way with good/great young men and can develop with the best of the best.

I really am as excited and proud of this team as I could possibly be and the best thing is, it’s just starting. I see great things coming for Kentucky Football, even though I’ve been on board 100% since 1974, I’ve never had as much confidence about the future, as I have at this moment. Seeing the size of these kids are nice, and like others have said, “ it’s not all that matters “,! Of course not, but with the way our staff can develop talent, it’s sure nice to start with some size. Lol.

Thanks guys. I swear I feel like a kid waiting till the weekend to go to Kings Island. Haha.

Last edited:
Just amazing what our staff is doing right now. Building a SEC Powerhouse!! It’s been my great joy to watch UK Football, and even with the losing and winning some, I’ve always loved watching the blue and white!! It’s just different right now. The excitement around the program, the young guys, the size, the speed, the competition at almost every position and knowing if you play hard, you’ll actually have a chance to win every single game!!

I’ve never saw this much depth overall, just so many great players that are working their butts off and waiting for their turn!! It’s truly the best I’ve seen it here as far as all around potential. We’ve always had a couple great players, but now it’s spread out so evenly, and we’ve got guys redshirting and some playing on special teams that would’ve started a few years ago. Haha.

As crazy as this is to say, it’s actually made my life better somehow! Lol. I know that sounds weird to say but it really has. It’s gave me hope and something to be proud of and soo much enjoyment the last couple of years. I honestly can’t thank Coach Stoops enough, for the hard work and the patience he’s showing. He’s building this program the right way with good/great young men and can develop with the best of the best.

I really am as excited and proud of this team as I could possibly be and the best thing is, it’s just starting. I see great things coming for Kentucky Football, even though I’ve been on board 100% since 1974, Ive never had this much confidence about the future as I am at this moment. Seeing the size of these kids are nice, and like others have said, “ it’s not all that matters “,! Of course not, but with the way our staff can develop talent, it’s surw nice to start with some size. Lol.

Thanks guys. I swear I feel like a kid waiting till the weekend to go to Kings Island. Haha.

Times two.

Reactions: jauk11
We probably have more quality depth than we’ve ever had there. Young, Price, Asafo-Adjei, Watkins, Kinnard, and Lewis.
Or anywhere else on the team!! GO CATS!!

Dang it! I thought this thread seemed familiar!? I was so excited to see a new football thread, or so I thought, that I started reading it again. I have to start looking at the dates of the posts. GO CATS!!

When this thread was started, we were beginning to see preseason All SEC and AA teams being announced. Fast forward to the end of the season and Bunchy is an AA. Who saw that coming????

These OL are in good hands.

When this thread was started, we were beginning to see preseason All SEC and AA teams being announced. Fast forward to the end of the season and Bunchy is an AA. Who saw that coming????

These OL are in good hands.

Bunchy?

Word is that, of the true freshmen, Wilson and Kinnard are transitioning to the college game the quickest in camp.
Wilson attended Cincy Walnut Hills first 3 years. Quite the academic powerhouse. Turpin is no slouch - since my grandkids go there & are super smart due to inherited genes.

Wilson attended Cincy Walnut Hills first 3 years. Quite the academic powerhouse. Turpin is no slouch - since my grandkids go there & are super smart due to inherited genes.

I understand, I had heard that your wife was really smart.

Reactions: cat888
ADVERTISEMENT