ADVERTISEMENT

OT: UK baseball continues winning ways

Holy smokes they are fun to watch. Beat #2 Louisville this week and took 2 of 3 from #8 LSU. Hope everyone will get out to the Cliff to support these guys. 2 games up in SEC East. Mingione continues amazing first season.
They didn't just win, they scored a ton of runs. 11 once. 12 once and 10 once. Only loss was 4-3.

Smokin hot!

They are making things exciting, that's for sure. Proud of the guys and the new coaches for getting off to such a hot start to the first season with a new coaching staff. I'll be heading to the ballpark to take in some games, for sure. Today was just such an ugly nasty day, weather wise, for baseball.

Reactions: mdlUK.1
Yep. I'm really impressed. In the past 5 have been so disappointing but I'm glad we are doing legit now.

Reactions: ORCAT
The baseball program at UK has come a long way in the past 10-12 years or so. I can remember the deplorable field conditions at Shivley Field along with the bleachers that were about the size of a high school field. About time that we have a competitive program as there's a lot of talent to in Kentucky, Ohio and Illinois to draw from.

Yep. I'm really impressed. In the past 5 have been so disappointing but I'm glad we are doing legit now.
All comes down to coaching at any college level sport. This is a prime example of what happens when emphasis is placed on a program that has underachieved the past few years. Great to see then doing well!

Baseball team tweet:

We've won 14 games against ranked opponents this season, tying 2012 team for second-most in UK history. 3-1 vs. Top 10 this week. #WeAreUK

Reactions: Mike-D
It should be a good series this weekend, your hitting against our pitching. You guys have one heck of a baseball team this year

Will you be there?

Living in Columbia I hear all the negativity towards your program. I hope SC will have a great crowd this weekend.

I also love your stadium. I hope our stadium is like it. For those that have never been, it's as nice as some Minor League stadiums

Last edited:
If I don't go fishing I will probably go Friday. Should be a good crowd though our last few series might have dampened it a bit. If you go get there as early as you can and explore the ballpark if you haven't been there before and have fun.

If I don't go fishing I will probably go Friday. Should be a good crowd though our last few series might have dampened it a bit. If you go get there as early as you can and explore the ballpark if you haven't been there before and have fun.

I've definitely been many times. It's beautiful!

We are building a $49 million stadium. I'm hoping it will really compete with Founders Park.

Reactions: aj&uscgrad
UK pitcher is Chuck Hayes' cousin. Warning: Jerry Tipton story.

Kentucky’s starting pitcher, Justin Lewis, made his family proud on Sunday. That’s saying something when your cousins include former UK basketball star Chuck Hayes and pro football star Richard Sherman.

Lewis, who has Hayes-like height (6-foot-7) if not bulk (195 pounds), pitched Kentucky to a 10-2 victory over LSU.

That enabled No. 11 UK to win the weekend series of ranked teams and gave the Cats three victories in the week’s four games against ranked opponents (counting No. 2 Louisville on Tuesday).

Read more here: http://www.kentucky.com/sports/coll...-baseball/article146304694.html#storylink=cpy

I have really enjoyed watching this team online this year. What a fun talented group of young men. And even though I give Mitch a lot of crap, you got to give credit where it is due- he appears to have made a home run hire for baseball coach.

I need to attend some games.

I've been wanting to for some time.
They have a 3 game home stand next weekend weekend with Georgia...evening games on Fri and Sat and a 1pm game on Sunday. I hope to make at least two of them.

Just checked to see where our boys were in the standings. Up to number 6 in the latest polls I think! Highest of any SEC school :)

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT