ADVERTISEMENT

OT: Twitter in Absolute Shambles

Status
Not open for further replies.
If she actually cared what you thought, her response would have been something along the lines of "Well, if I happen to get raped and get pregnant, I don't think the Government should force me to have the rapist's child." That would have been a more than adequate explanation of her vote. But apparently she didn't think you were important enough to bother explaining it to you.
She does care what I think, we talked again tonight. It’s wild, we respectfully speak to each other about our positions and maintain a friendship without calling insults.

I would’ve 100% voted amendment 2 down and I lean right for sure. That’s something people should decide on their own.

See how crazy it is when people can see multiple
Sides and not just shit on the other side all the time?

He has Asperger's syndrome which has a lot to do with his awkward social interactions, and what bigger platform for social interaction is there than Twitter? He also happens to own that platform and is the richest man on the planet, so everything he does is magnified for the world to see.
True, but he still could act a bit more professional and stay a little more behind the scenes instead of publicly going after people on his platform that go after him. Lead by example and maybe twitter users won't keep acting like asses to each other on a daily basis (too late for that, I'm sure).

Tom from MySpace is the smartest man alive to me. Created a fun platform with lots of customizable features so every page could be unique to it's user, didn't allow conspiracy nuts to take over, stayed out of the spotlight and ran the damn thing like a pro, and then sold it and walked away with duffle bags of money. He's like a lottery winner who does an interview then splits and enjoys his life.

Reactions: Kevin Bryan
When that was initially overturned I posted it would be a huge mistake for republicans. Really just needed to STFU and keep letting Democrats mess up but then they decided to trip over themselves and go after Roe vs Wade which like 75% of the country is for. Huge miscalculation that cost them.
Except that isn't the actual percentages depending on how you ask the question. It's closer to 50/50 if you make exceptions for life of the mother, rape, incest and severe deformity. If you look at bans on late term abortion its close to 65% that agree with that but that goes up to 85% if you show them an image of what the fetus looks like at the time.

The framing of the issue was what made the difference. Abortion wasn't banned by the supreme court. It was kicked back to the states like our constitution suggests such things should be handled.

The framing of the issue was what made the difference. Abortion wasn't banned by the supreme court. It was kicked back to the states like our constitution suggests such things should be handled.
The average (ignorant) voter has no clue that's the case though, and it's certainly not portrayed in that context on CNN.

Except that isn't the actual percentages depending on how you ask the question. It's closer to 50/50 if you make exceptions for life of the mother, rape, incest and severe deformity. If you look at bans on late term abortion its close to 65% that agree with that but that goes up to 85% if you show them an image of what the fetus looks like at the time.

Results don’t lie bub, you can talk about whatever blah blah poll you read but the people voted and you saw what happened.

So you are concerned with where others spend their money, and also with people making posts on a message board 😄
He spends his entire time here smarting off to people and barely ever does anything else. He thinks he’s the smartest guy in the room and needs to let everyone know that 24x7. Not sure why he gets away with it.

Reactions: Girthang
Abortion shouldn't be a public discussion topic. It's legality definitely shouldn't be decided by politicians. I'm anti-abortion but pro-liberty, which is why I voted No to Ammendment 2.

If you don't like abortions, don't get one.

He spends his entire time here smarting off to people and barely ever does anything else. He thinks he’s the smartest guy in the room and needs to let everyone know that 24x7. Not sure why he gets away with it.
Pot meet kettle.

I was thinking about working on all of those things. I was on a collision course to improving all three. The only variable was time.

They are all pretty obvious industries to target. Maybe you should move yourself off the ‘as smart’ list.

I just deleted all 73 of my bot accounts and my three impersonating Kari Lake.

You’re welcome Elon!

• Haha
They are all pretty obvious industries to target. Maybe you should move yourself off the ‘as smart’ list.
I never placed myself on the “as smart” list with Musk.

The theory of relativity was always there. Someone would have figured it out. Stop heaping praise on those who achieved what we now know possible. 😝

Reactions: bigblueinsanity
Elon calling out his engineers/developers, misunderstanding what was causing the issue, firing his senior android dev for calling him out (which was probably a stupid move anyway) then using the devs earlier recommendations only to mistakenly shut down 2FA for all of twitter has got to be one of the stupidest things I've seen a genius do.

Elon is the equivalent of Neil Degrasse Tyson. There are fields that both men would be considered experts but, because they are wildly popular, they end up thinking they can be experts in everything.

Elon lost me when he called an expert rescue diver a "pedo" when the diver told him it wouldn't be possible to send a submarine like pod to rescue the boys trapped in the underwater cave in Thailand. The diver explained that the pathway, which he had already traversed and seen first hand, was too narrow and risked endangering more lives. Elon called him a pedophile because there's no reason a single adult male should live in Thailand otherwise.

You can now see he fancies himself a software engineer (and before you say anything about Paypal, that framework was Max Levchin's from the jump) but, according to people far smarter than me, the code and processes necessary to make Twitter even function are unlike anything any other tech firm is doing right now.

All of this ignores the fact that he overpaid for an asset that is now likely going to struggle if he continues this pricing model as is.

Yes, posting on a message board. How crazy 😄

I hope this post bothers you as much as the rest of them.
All he and his side have are personal attacks since they know they can’t debate the issues without being pummeled. It’s that simple.

I never placed myself on the “as smart” list with Musk.

The theory of relativity was always there. Someone would have figured it out. Stop heaping praise on those who achieved what we now know possible. 😝

Gravity was bound to be discovered. So it's initial discovery is ho hum. Thanks for nothing newton

Reactions: Caveman Catfan
It would be better for society in twitter was gone. A. One party would stop governing based on what's trending on twitter...like proposing it's illegal to call a toddler by the wrong pronouns or whatever they're doing these days.

I understand some and journos are upset bc their play toy was taken away from them.

All I wanted or cared about was Musk to release what the algorithms were, how they clearly boosted certain accounts and gave them engagement, etc. Otherwise, don't care.

Did love celebrities losing their minds bc having a bluecheck was some sort of status symbol to them...lol

"extremely hardcore" work environment

Either Elon is a big ECW fan or he wants everyone coked up while working because he watched Wolf of Wall Street like four times one weekend.
This is how I imagine the scene at Twitter HQ when Musk canned all the executives.
wolf-of-wall-street-not-leaving.gif

Last edited:
Results don’t lie bub, you can talk about whatever blah blah poll you read but the people voted and you saw what happened.
OK. So if people vote to bring slavery back or to legalize pedophilia...you good with that? The difference between the nonsense I just said and what you are talking about is its a matter of the media spin. For instance.... Cali is trying to allow post birth abortion. Up to 2 weeks after a child is born they want to be able to kill it. Now I assume you would think that is freaking murder.... If it is legalized, then you would be just as crazy as me technically.

All of these dorks predicting Twitters end are just frustrated, liberal, soy boys, who hate the changes. Musk will get this thing rolling. It may not be the liberal utopia that is driven by the media and controlled by government/big pharma but it will become a non-partisan townhall. Like it should have been the entire time.

OK. So if people vote to bring slavery back or to legalize pedophilia...you good with that? The difference between the nonsense I just said and what you are talking about is its a matter of the media spin. For instance.... Cali is trying to allow post birth abortion. Up to 2 weeks after a child is born they want to be able to kill it. Now I assume you would think that is freaking murder.... If it is legalized, then you would be just as crazy as me technically.
So now you’re equating abortion with slavery and pedophilia? Seems legit…

Everyone in tech is cutting jobs. Twitter was in front because the other companies waited until after a certain Tuesday in November to make the news public
It is surprising how Musk is nuts but Google and other Techs had dramatic layoffs, as well. Had there been a red wave, I guess we could blame these layoffs on politics. The good news? Still NOT a recession . ;)

It is surprising how Musk is nuts but Google and other Techs had dramatic layoffs, as well. Had there been a red wave, I guess we could blame these layoffs on politics. The good news? Still NOT a recession . ;)

Don’t bother telling that to someone trying to buy a house right now, interest rates are great!

Status
Not open for further replies.
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT