ADVERTISEMENT

OT: Twitter in Absolute Shambles

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think its disingenuous to blame the downsizing at Twitter on Elon when Amazon just laid off 10k people and most other tech companies are hemorraghing stock value.

It's also disingenuous to ignore that what he spent and how he has gone about "changing" Twitter is going to cause a lot more problems for the company, at least in the short term.

Everyone in tech is cutting jobs. Twitter was in front because the other companies waited until after a certain Tuesday in November to make the news public
Amazon is cutting 10,000 of their 1.5 million employees. Twitter has lost like 85% of their employees over the past few weeks. Those two aren't even in the same stratosphere. Anyone who thinks this is just Musk laying off employees is uninformed. He has no clue what he's doing right now.

I think its disingenuous to blame the downsizing at Twitter on Elon when Amazon just laid off 10k people and most other tech companies are hemorraghing stock value.

It's also disingenuous to ignore that what he spent and how he has gone about "changing" Twitter is going to cause a lot more problems for the company, at least in the short term.
Amazon is cutting about 0.7% of their workforce. Twitter has forced about 85% of their employees out since Musk took over. These two things aren't even close to the same.

I think it’s insane to act like someone is ruining a company within 2 weeks of buying it. Clearly he’s completely restructuring it as it was in a terrible spot. He didnt inherit a company that was killing it and drive it into the ground. I think it’s the primary reason Twitter sued so he basically couldnt back out because he overvalued the company. With that said I do hope he fails miserably and Twitter is completely ruined and destroyed. If that were accomplished I would consider Musk a huge hero. I would then insist he buy Facebook and do the same.

75% of the roughly 3,000 people still left going into today did not click yes. The entire engineering teams that operate the critical infrastructure of Twitter resigned. So effectively there isn't a single person at Twitter right now that knows how to run the critical infrastructure.

About the only people left are the ones on work visas. Most of them probably would have left too if they didn't need the job to stay in the country.

Shocking that Ida was up after midnight bitching about the left online. Absolutely. Positively. Shocking.

I’m being sarcastic.
Before midnight here in my time zone, granny. So what? You're up posting about me at 3:43 AM MST. That's just shocking, shocking, shocking. Dork.

• Haha
Reactions: Nightwish84
I think it’s insane to act like someone is ruining a company within 2 weeks of buying it. Clearly he’s completely restructuring it as it was in a terrible spot. He didnt inherit a company that was killing it and drive it into the ground. I think it’s the primary reason Twitter sued so he basically couldnt back out because he overvalued the company. With that said I do hope he fails miserably and Twitter is completely ruined and destroyed. If that were accomplished I would consider Musk a huge hero. I would then insist he buy Facebook and do the same.
He could move from one social media platform to the next destroying them all and I would be fine with it.

Last edited:
This lefty Twitter meltdown is glorious entertainment.
Absolutely... I'm now on there every single day... reminds me of this:

Hot Dog Face GIF

One of the wrestling Twitter accounts I follow posted that they have a Discord server as their backup in case Twitter goes down. I joined it to see what it was like. Holy shit this is basically a giant chat room, just any random person saying whatever the **** they want. Can't believe some people are trying to say Discord could be a replacement. This shit is unusable.

Reactions: GeraldV
Amazon is cutting about 0.7% of their workforce. Twitter has forced about 85% of their employees out since Musk took over. These two things aren't even close to the same.

Amazon is cutting more employees than it ever has and is a monolith by comparison to Twitter but they are cutting white collar (read tech) jobs, not boots on the ground in Amazon warehouses. I don't know what percentage of Amazon is AWS/Cloud/Tech related, but anytime you layoff that number of folks (and the CEO warned of much more to come) there's obviously a correction in Tech.

Elon's a man-child and obviously suffering from some form of Hero delusion, only way I can explain firing people who respond to his stupidity on Twitter. Some would argue they're baiting him so they can get severance and go work elsewhere. Either way, I've read multiple articles about concerns for Twitter's infrastructure because the Tesla engineers he brought over are trying to learn it on the fly and it's basically like reading another language (allegedly).

That's dumb.

And, no, forcing people to work 80 hour work weeks and limiting their PTO isn't "OWNING THE LIBS", it's being an asshole, plain and simple. There are plenty of places that do have tech crunch periods, but none of them have a CEO threatening them publicly and firing people who push back on that notion. Twitter may come out better for this, but it isn't a good look for Captain Free Speech (lol at Alex Jones tho).

How long until the right-wing nut jobs that celebrated Musk taking over as some kind of victory for free speech (aka they just wanted to say the N word without getting banned) start revolting because he is already back to announcing he is regulating free speech and banning/shadowbanning people?

Last edited:
Reactions: UK-BILL

You can't trust the media being upset about Twitter, they're just mad terms if service may be applied correctly now
I'm still trying to figure out why it would take an army of 8K employees to operate a platform that allows people to type something and press "Tweet". Seems pretty straightforward to me. I'm sure it's a bit more complicated than that, but still.... 🤣

Reactions: Girthang
I'm still trying to figure out why it would take an army of 8K employees to operate a platform that allows people to type something and press "Tweet". Seems pretty straightforward to me. I'm sure it's a bit more complicated than that, but still.... 🤣
It's a pretty complex platform...

• Haha
Reactions: Girthang
Status
Not open for further replies.
ADVERTISEMENT