ADVERTISEMENT

OT: The Culty Religious People Outside of Rupp Arena

Probably the Front Runner, Willy, Caveman Catfan, Marleydogg, and IdaCat. Those are probably the 5 most unhinged Jesus freaks on the boards. Maybe Lost in FL too.

Most people would be floored if they knew who Idacat’s previous screen name was if they read the board a long time ago.

Reactions: Stan the caddy
Probably the Front Runner, Willy, Caveman Catfan, Marleydogg, and IdaCat. Those are probably the 5 most unhinged Jesus freaks on the boards. Maybe Lost in FL too.
You don't know me. I'm not religious. I was on here long before you appeared and got the permaban for calling Justice Thomas the N word.

There are cults designed to suit the requirements of every ignorant, arrogant, shallow minded hypocrite on the planet.

Last edited:
Man, my only intention with this thread was to vent about the weird religious people who yell in my ear with megaphones while walking into Rupp Arena.

Like, I actually meant they seem culty, and they actually might be. It wasn't a broader commentary on religion. I think we can unify behind this cause.

Man, my only intention with this thread was to vent about the weird religious people who yell in my ear with megaphones while walking into Rupp Arena.

Like, I actually meant they seem culty, and they actually might be. It wasn't a broader commentary on religion. I think we can unify behind this cause.

Agreed. All religions are cults, we should be able to unite on that front.

For years I used to sell beer out front of Wagner's Pharmacy across from Gate 3 of Churchill Downs for Oaks and Derby. It was a blast. Got free food for two days and a few beers while we worked the crowd of people entering the track. Even made some pretty good cash for a poor college kid. Unfortunately, every Derby morning right where Oakdale Avenue and S. 4th Street meet in front of Wagner's a family of 5 religious nuts would show up at 6 am and start in on the entering crowd about the sins of drinking and gambling until 7:30 pm once Derby finished. I contemplated ripping their bullhorn away several times and smashing that damn thing on the sidewalk but didn't want to get struck down by God standing on the corner of S. 4th Street. I respect their drive and commitment to religion but good grief man.
For a Trumper, everything's about religion, isn't it?

Last weekend, there were groups of people (probably around 10 or so per group) on each side of the south causeway bridge here holding signs saying Jesus Loves You! and other related phrases, and they also had airhorns and other noisemakers to attract attention. If you believe in a Jesus, what makes you think he'd believe it'd be effective use of your time and effort to stand out there on a heavily traveled bridge being a distraction to motorists? Don't you think he'd prefer you spent that time maybe raising money for or volunteering at a homeless shelter, food bank or some other worthy cause?

Last weekend, there were groups of people (probably around 10 or so per group) on each side of the south causeway bridge here holding signs saying Jesus Loves You! and other related phrases, and they also had airhorns and other noisemakers to attract attention. If you believe in a Jesus, what makes you think he'd believe it'd be effective use of your time and effort to stand out there on a heavily traveled bridge being a distraction to motorists? Don't you think he'd prefer you spent that time maybe raising money for or volunteering at a homeless shelter, food bank or some other worthy cause?

The WWJD post.

Reactions: JDHoss

Proselytizing is a big piece for dedicated Christians. I agree that’s the wrong way to go about it though. Be a good example and do the things you mentioned. I seriously doubt you’d see Jesus rambling on message boards or trying to cause automobile accidents.

Reactions: JDHoss
Yeah, I mean I really don't get the point of what they think they're accomplishing. No idea how long they were there, but I'd guess at least a couple of hours. I'd say the same thing if it had been people holding up signs saying The Amazing Spider-Man loves you!

What harm was there? Maybe someone driving that day really needed to see that kind of encouragement.

• Haha
Reactions: Stan the caddy
What harm was there? Maybe someone driving that day really needed to see that kind of encouragement.
Harm? Well...the south causeway bridge is 4 lanes, but probably should only be 2 lanes wide and has heavy traffic on it this time of year, with people on spring break and the snowbirds still here. They're purposefully distracting motorists. I cross that bridge probably 10 times or more a week, and there are times when traffic is so tight and close that it makes you take a deep breath and hold it, especially when there are large trucks and RVs on it. There's already the distraction of a beautiful view, and people don't need another one. It might seem like I'm being an asshole about this, but I worked for 34 years in a large chemical plant, and safety was always a priority.

Harm? Well...the south causeway bridge is 4 lanes, but probably should only be 2 lanes wide and has heavy traffic on it this time of year, with people on spring break and the snowbirds still here. They're purposefully distracting motorists. I cross that bridge probably 10 times or more a week, and there are times when traffic is so tight and close that it makes you take a deep breath and hold it, especially when there are large trucks and RVs on it. There's already the distraction of a beautiful view, and people don't need another one. It might seem like I'm being an asshole about this, but I worked for 34 years in a large chemical plant, and safety was always a priority.

Wow

City and FDOT officials are kicking around the idea of cutting it to two lanes or at least removing the bike lane on each side. Most people with bikes will walk them across on the pedestrian walkway. I've only seen a few people riding bikes across, but you couldn't pay me to do it.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT