ADVERTISEMENT

OT: Shooting in Nashville

Status
Not open for further replies.
Studies indicate that most people that claim to be transgendered have suffered some form of trauma, typically sexual abuse, earlier in their life.

It is a fact that people suffering from ptsd are more likely to commit suicide. It is also a fact that ptsd affects your decision making ability.
That is an example of a correlation but not causation. Unless everyone that experienced trauma went on to be transgender than we can’t definitely say that there is any 100% direct link between the two.

• Haha
Reactions: 80 Proof
Nah. If it was high the number would be a progressive talking point. I know it, you know it, everybody knows it.
It is literally a talking point about how much higher the chances are that a trans kid would commit suicide than a straight kid. Your obsession with finding a specific number is just strange. Arguing that trans kids don’t actually kill themselves a whole lot feels like a dumb hill to die on.

• Haha
Reactions: UK_Dallas
Do you have kids? Have You been around a 16 or 17 year old for very long?
I do not have kids but I used to be a sub at my local high school. Once again, minors require parental consent along with extensive medical recommendations to be able to receive that care.

It is literally a talking point about how much higher the chances are that a trans kid would commit suicide than a straight kid. Your obsession with finding a specific number is just strange. Arguing that trans kids don’t actually kill themselves a whole lot feels like a dumb hill to die on.
You are the one spouting off that removing gender affirming care will increase trans children suicides. Not suicide attempts. You have nothing to back up your assertion that actual suicides will increase. Nothing.

They are going to miss their mark on puberty blockers if they are waiting 16-17.
Tell me that you don’t actually know how gender affirming care works without telling me that you don’t actually know how gender affirming care works.

You are the one spouting off that removing gender affirming care will increase trans children suicides. Not suicide attempts. You have nothing to back up your assertion that actual suicides will increase. Nothing.
So to you, it only matters if they’re successful. Forget about the whole reason why they attempted suicide in the first place and focus on if these kids actually ended up dying. Stop talking like the stats are on your side because they most certainly are not.

• Haha
Reactions: UK_Dallas
For good reason. For Dims, so long as it emotionally feels good, the consequences of laws don't actually matter.

Cop out strategy. Doing nothing then complaining about the problem is the GQP way.
giphy.gif

So to you, it only matters if they’re successful. Forget about the whole reason why they attempted suicide in the first place and focus on if these kids actually ended up dying. Stop talking like the stats are on your side because they most certainly are not.
youre-so-full-of-shit-full-of-shit.gif

• Love
Reactions: bertfan31
I do not have kids but I used to be a sub at my local high school. Once again, minors require parental consent along with extensive medical recommendations to be able to receive that care.
Says a ton. You are an extremely liberal teacher and don’t have kids. If you had kids for yourself, like the one’s you actually care about, you would likely have a much different perspective. Kids, especially 14-18 are illogical, temperamental beings that don’t really know what they are doing. They don‘t make good decisions on much of anything for the most part and it’s the most worrisome time as a parent there is. Why would there be an issue holding them off until they are 18? What is the harm in giving them 2 more years to mature mentally and then let them make their own decisions. If my daughter, who is 15 came to me and said “I don’t like my tits so I want a boob job”, my answer would be the exact same if she came and said she wanted to turn into a boy. You have to mature and live a little of your life with a sane brain and then it can be discussed.

Says a ton. You are an extremely liberal teacher and don’t have kids. If you had kids for yourself, like the one’s you actually care about, you would likely have a much different perspective. Kids, especially 14-18 are illogical, temperamental beings that don’t really know what they are doing. They don‘t make good decisions on much of anything for the most part and it’s the most worrisome time as a parent there is. Why would there be an issue holding them off until they are 18? What is the harm in giving them 2 more years to mature mentally and then let them make their own decisions. If my daughter, who is 15 came to me and said “I don’t like my tits so I want a boob job”, my answer would be the exact same if she came and said she wanted to turn into a boy. You have to mature and live a little of your life with a sane brain and then it can be discussed.
I haven’t subbed in years and never talked about trans kids while in the classroom so I wouldn’t necessarily consider myself to be an extremely liberal teacher but if that helps your narrative then sure. I also wouldn’t have a different perspective because I know how to listen to doctor recommendations that this care makes a difference instead of politicians who like to score cheap point by attacking a marginalized group. You can raise your kids however you want but you have no right to tell other parents how they can raise their kids.

I was going to reply to that. I don't think he knows what it is he is proposing. Semi-automatic will eliminate a very large percentage of guns people own in this country and therefore leave most people defenseless against criminals breaking into their homes. Which would skyrocket in many places by the way afterwards.
New York City put a ban on big gulps. No more 32oz drinks for you fat bastards! Could still buy 2 16ozers at a time though.

"A 3 foot fence will keep all the honest people honest. So we'll put up a 4 foot fence".

Reactions: warrior-cat
I haven’t subbed in years and never talked about trans kids while in the classroom so I wouldn’t necessarily consider myself to be an extremely liberal teacher but if that helps your narrative then sure. I also wouldn’t have a different perspective because I know how to listen to doctor recommendations that this care makes a difference instead of politicians who like to score cheap point by attacking a marginalized group. You can raise your kids however you want but you have no right to tell other parents how they can raise their kids.
You have a lot to learn. Watch a child grow from an infant up through their teenage years and then come back and tell me you have the same perspective.

You have a lot to learn. Watch a child grow from an infant up through their teenage years and then come back and tell me you have the same perspective.
Yeah I don’t really feel like doing that. I can go ahead and tell you that I’ll have the same perspective. Maybe as you continue to grow in age, you can manage to change your perspective as your knowledge about trans people evolves.

• Haha
Reactions: 80 Proof
God bless you. How you must have ducked and weaved past that topic when trans kids have always existed.
I had multiple trans kids in my classes. Not many kids want to talk to subs about their sex lives, how they identify, etc. and I had no interest in talking about it either since that’s not my place. You all truly don’t understand the day to day operations of schools, most of these teachers just want to be able to get the class material into the minds of their kids.

Just going off of statistics, most of this care is being provided to adults but when it is provided to minors, it almost always begins around 16-17 with parental consent and written advice from multiple mental health professionals. Under very special circumstances is there care provided to anyone younger than 16 but that requires even more doctoral research and medical advice. I know a lot of you all like to take things to the extreme and believe that there is this widespread attempt of parents, doctors, and the libs to put all of our children on the fast track to being trans but if you look up any reputable statistics, this is not happening anywhere close to as often as some of you think. And when it is, it is handled with much more medical supervision than you think.
This whole argument that it is "only a few" is a classic Trojan Horse and you know it. The minute you say "ok" they'll be in preschool with scissors faster than you can lob sprinkles on tinkerbell.

Yeah I don’t really feel like doing that. I can go ahead and tell you that I’ll have the same perspective. Maybe as you continue to grow in age, you can manage to change your perspective as your knowledge about trans people evolves.
I don’t care one way or another about trans people, I care about people with a complete and utter lack of morals or sense making decisions that will impact kids entire lives based only on what they think they may want in their teens. And to think you are in the schools as a teacher makes me cringe.

The secular leftists in this thread are delusional.

Admit it…this was a hate crime by a morally bankrupt person denying reality and living in absurdity. And the left encourages mentally ill people to live in this absurdity.

Unless everyone that experienced trauma went on to be transgender than we can’t definitely say that there is any 100% direct link between the two.

That is false. That is like saying that people w/ comorbidities weren't affected by covid at a higher degree/more severe than those who had none. We know they were, but there were people w/ comorbidities who never caught it or it was a very mild case.

There is never a 100% link....smokers getting cancer, obese getting diabetes, etc.

You all truly don’t understand the day to day operations of schools,

False again. My guess is most on here have family members and close friends who are teachers or may have been a teacher themselves at some point....we hear the first hand accounts or know them from past experience. It isn't rocket science to see what is happening to our neighborhood kids when you see them out in public in regards to the pressures they are enduring.

There is no doubt that transgenderism is creating kids with dysmorphia. Environment is definitely a factor, especially for young girls, but probably also for gay boys. And, we hear repeatedly from those who promote that environment and encourage dysmorphia that trans kids are more prone to suicide attempts.

Let that sink in. The same evil messing with kids’ minds and promoting an environment for dysmorphia realize that dysmorphia promotes suicide attempts.

I don't watch the news so I'm just curious has any media outlets made the shooter to be the victim because she wasn't accepted? While it is despicable to make them a martyr I could totally see one of the liberal news channels doing it.

I don't watch the news so I'm just curious has any media outlets made the shooter to be the victim because she wasn't accepted? While it is despicable to make them a martyr I could totally see one of the liberal news channels doing it.
Some commentary was evidently upset that media used the pronouns “her” and “she” to describe the perpetrator of a murderous hate crime. Get the dead woman’s pronouns right!

Reactions: AustinTXCat
I don’t care one way or another about trans people, I care about people with a complete and utter lack of morals or sense making decisions that will impact kids entire lives based only on what they think they may want in their teens. And to think you are in the schools as a teacher makes me cringe.
I am so glad you said that. This bill was passed based on "good Christian morals" with no support from doctors, mental health professionals, or medical associations. If you want to pass a bill that deals with the health of children, you should probably see if the experts support it first before you shove it through committee. These representatives in Congress did the exact thing that you just said that you worry about happening. The only difference is, instead of parents having the rights to decide what is best for their child, that power now lies within the government, something that 20 years ago Republicans would shiver at the thought about.

And don't you worry, my last day in a classroom was in 2021. Like I said before, I never once talked to my students about anything other than the content that I was given so you can stop clutching your pearls at the thought of some scary lib indoctrinating Kentucky youth.

Reactions: MadaboutBlue
That’s a statistical impossibility and would make any sane person question why so many kids are saying they are transgendered.
In my time teaching, I had two trans kids. That counts as multiple and is not a statistical impossibility. You are weird.

I've known two "trans" kids - both girls who wanted to be boys. Both came to this decision when they were in their adolescent years and then a couple of years later they changed their minds. As far as I know they received no treatment as part of this. My daughter went to school with one of the girls and we are friends with the family. The other is the daughter of a college friend. I've never heard any suggestion that either case was precipitated by pressure or anything learned or taught ("grooming") in school. Rather, I believe this is part of what kids see and learn on social media and in general, living life.

Status
Not open for further replies.
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT