ADVERTISEMENT

OT: Shooting in Nashville

Status
Not open for further replies.
This is certainly new, I don't think we have seen an adult woman do anything like this before. Horrifying. I don't know how she got in but at my kid's school all doors are locked.

Our daughter is a teacher for small kids in Nashville, and she loves it and her interactions with the kids.

The school where I teach has a lock down system even with buildings scattered across a large campus. You cannot get in to a building without someone inside opening the door for you. There is also a campus security guard who rides around all day and has other men outside the buildings at all times to ensure that safety is maintained at all times. This is a large Christian school and they practice active shooter alerts weekly.

You cannot stop someone who is mentally unstable from getting a gun if they are determined to destroy the lives of other human beings. Therefore, it is up to other people to be able to defend themselves from those who mean harm. We have several people on our campus who are also carrying weapons and this has prevented our school from any incidents - so far, thanks be to God. I wish we lived in a perfect world, but as long as there is SIN in the world and people who are disturbed in their psychological and sociological mind, you must protect yourself and your students from harm. Prayers for those family members who lost loved ones today, including the family of the shooter. So sad...

Searching her home in the Belmont area per Nashville outlets.

Edit: On Brightwood Avenue.

Last edited:
Just an overview since school shootings continue to be normalized...what's frustrating to me is most politicians go for the "easy mark." What I mean is, they'll always bring up culture issues like a book being banned, putting curricular in schools that shouldn't be in schools, will go on cable news and say "woke" over and over, or make a huge deal over drag shows just to get everyone on all sides riled up and ready to fight each other. Meanwhile, important issues like keeping schools and businesses safe becomes an afterthought. Same with the border, but that's another discussion. We fight over complete nonsense as mass shootings continue to occur. Once upon a time, there was a thread here several pages long about some Dr. Seuss books that weren't even in current circulation that the family had decided weren't going to be sold any longer. We focus on shit like that while people just get killed around us.

No, I don't expect politicians to fix this but it's not too much to ask that we as a society stop being the "easy mark."

Unconfirmed reports say biological female identifying as transgender. Unconfirmed a key word here.

Edit: used he/him pronouns.

Not to change the subject but I don’t think radical school agendas and drag shows for children are “easy marks” as you put it.

Unconfirmed reports say biological female identifying as transgender. Unconfirmed a key word here.

Her moms facebook is still up. No recent photos. She was a cute girl. Mom shares son's accomplishments. Mom doesn't say much about Audrey.

Last edited:
Reactions: Col. Angus

4WEVoU4.png

Lived with parents a mile or two away.

https://clustrmaps.com/person/Hale-3dic79

Last edited:
WSJ reports on a study showing a substantial decline in traditional American values
Mental illness is celebrated, not treated effectively
Prescription medications are handed out like candy
Diets are filled with highly processed foods, preservatives and chemicals
People spend their lives online with no real human interaction being fed content by algorithms intended to outrage them
The news media companies in the US spend every minute of coverage trying to divide the population

But yeah, let’s hear some calls for gun bans.

You want to actually fix the issue, you could start with a few amendments other than the 2nd.

Not to change the subject but I don’t think radical school agendas and drag shows for children are “easy marks” as you put it.
It's an all sides thing. Same with the fake war on Christmas and DeSantis' fake war on Disney. I disagree with some subjects that some would like taught in schools. I think drag shows should be an 18 and over event. It's not crazy to say that stuff like drag shows have gotten way too much attention from all sides as if a drag show is something brand new. There's always talk of protecting our children, yet they're the ones getting shot up and traumatized by events like today. That's a more pressing issue than some culture war or yelling about a mask for example. Face it - we're easy marks for that shit because the mass shooting issue is so complicated that we don't want to deal with it.

There is a way. All doors should be locked with entry controlled at 1 access point.
How do you break a glass door? Might just fire a bullet through it. Then step right in. You think doors being locked are going to delay it?

Also this lady did just that. Shot the door open and went in.

If you want to give it one access point I get it, but you have to change all doors out to something else. Can’t just be glass doors locked everywhere. Not going to cut it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT