ADVERTISEMENT

OT Moment of silence for the Atlanta Braves

The Cardinals took the Braves to the woodshed in game 5. What a first inning onslaught. This had been a good series up until today's game.

Reactions: ukalum1988
enhance

Glad to be wrong about the Dodgers. I have no shame in losing to Nationals and it would be cool to see them go to the WS. I just pray the evil Yankees don't win...Astros better win today. I still say winner of Yankees vs. Astros is a big favorite over NL Champion.

My Cards are plucky but it wouldn't surprise me if we struggled to score 13 runs in the next series all together. Let's hope the Cardinals pitching staff is up to the challenge. I also don't like how the Cards get home field when Nats have better record...baseball has some archaic rules (hate the 2-3-2 format as well). Bitch session over. Go Cards.

Reactions: Lexie's Dad
Indeed! Funny the team that let the $300 million player go is in the NLCS. These huge 10 year deals never work out for the teams. It's usually a 10 year stone tied around their neck.

QFT, one player just doesn't mean that much on a baseball team.

Last night's Dodger game = a huge choke job. Too much over managing by the Dodgers, let Kershaw get the one tough out in the 7th, then turn over a 2 run lead in the 8th to your bullpen. And no Kenley Jansen??? I know a bitter defeat when I see one, and that was a bitter pill indeed for LA.

Glad to be wrong about the Dodgers. I have no shame in losing to Nationals and it would be cool to see them go to the WS. I just pray the evil Yankees don't win...Astros better win today. I still say winner of Yankees vs. Astros is a big favorite over NL Champion.

My Cards are plucky but it wouldn't surprise me if we struggled to score 13 runs in the next series all together. Let's hope the Cardinals pitching staff is up to the challenge. I also don't like how the Cards get home field when Nats have better record...baseball has some archaic rules (hate the 2-3-2 format as well). Bitch session over. Go Cards.

In every pro sport but the NBA, division champion always has home field over a wild card. In the NBA, division champions are not even guaranteed to make the playoffs. They must still finish in the top eight of conference.

MLB playoffs suck. 103 wins-best record in baseball-pffft, great season means diddly squat.

MLB playoffs suck. 103 wins-best record in baseball-pffft, great season means diddly squat.

Disagree re Nationals, had a terrible start 19-31 after 50 games, but won more than 2/3 of the last 110.

Do you hate the NCAA tournament for the same reason? Correct answer may be yes but playoffs are what they are

Disagree re Nationals, had a terrible start 19-31 after 50 games, but won more than 2/3 of the last 110.

Do you hate the NCAA tournament for the same reason? Correct answer may be yes but playoffs are what they are

I know exactly what the mlb playoff$ are. 162 mlb games played vs 34 ncaa games—apples vs oranges.

The only team I've been a fan of longer than the Cats is the Braves.

They've lost in the playoffs so often I've become numb.

I love that they make the playoffs so often but WTF!!

The only team I've been a fan of longer than the Cats is the Braves.

They've lost in the playoffs so often I've become numb.

I love that they make the playoffs so often but WTF!!

What they (fail) to do in October is staggering.

While some of the initial (early 90s) losing was literally just the “breaks” of the game in what were competitive series, blowing that series to the Yankees in ‘96 (and Game 4, in particular) seems to have poisoned the culture.

Curses are not real, but transferring a losing mentality from one generation of players to the next, is real.

Just seeing the Nationals tee off on Flaherty and the Cards’ bullpen last night, was a stark reminder that there is really no reason the Braves can’t win in October - they just don’t.

The Braves had no business losing to STL, yet no Braves fan was surprised that they did.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT