ADVERTISEMENT

OT: Louisville @ Notre Dame

We have a schedule full of South Carolina like teams, does that make you feel better?

Actually, you don’t.

If Boston College goes 5-6, that is not much “like” South Carolina’s 5-6.

USCe has averaged in the low to mid-twenties in recruiting, and most of their SEC opponents have done better. The ACC has 9 teams that typically average from 45th to 80th in recruiting.

Remember Vandy beating Virginia Tech: Vandy has narrowly had better recruiting years than has Virginia Tech, and Vandy is a distant 16th among SEC average recruiting classes the last 4 years.

Vandy signed the 33rd ranked Class in 2022, which would have been the 4th best class in the ACC that year. It was 16th best in the SEC.

Different worlds!

Last edited:
I want UL to lose as many games as possible. That said I would pick ND to win game anyway. As far as playoff I could care less outside of SEC teams who goes. Right now based on what I have seen Texas is only team from SEC I can see winning it. Not really impressed with UGA ot Bama.

What is going on In This game? I just looked at the score and it was 30-14, then checked again and it’s now 24-27? Did they take away a ND TD and then UofL kicked a field goal?

An interesting game shaping up for Little Brother -- a chance to set itself up for a Playiff Berth run in the insanely weak ACC -- until being upset by Kentucky, as usual on Nov. 30.

I think Kentucky fans SHOULD want the Cards to win -- would make beating them in late November much sweeter.

But can they win? Notre Dame as always has been grossly overrated, and of course lost at home to Northern Illinois. Louisville is also overrated on the strength of a very weak 3-0 start.

I'm going to say ND wins at home, 24-17.

Full Disclosure; I loathe Notre Dame more than any other football program. When they lost to NIU after their fans were already talking Playoff seedings the score would pop in my head at random moments all week and I'd laugh out loud. SO I'll be rooting for Louisville -- Kentucky can take care of them later.

What say you?
Living in Indianapolis, I hate hearing about ND all of the time. I do not like ND. But I hate Louisville more. I would even root for Indiana to beat Louisville. Now, if Tennessee were playing Louisville, I guess it would depend on the circumstances.

What is going on In This game? I just looked at the score and it was 30-14, then checked again and it’s now 24-27? Did they take away a ND TD and then UofL kicked a field goal?
I was checking the score on ESPN gamecast, and I think they took away a fumble recovery TD for Notre Dame. Initially that's what they put up, but took it away. Guess it was overturned. Don't know for sure cause I don't get Peacock network.

Reactions: JrandoUK
Stats suggest UL was as good or better than ND, but mistakes and TOs cost UL a chance to stay undefeated. UL blew this. And, then with 4th and one at the end of the game, they took a penalty. 1 for 5 on 4th down efficiency. Not a clean day for the Cards.

It's this same shit every year, I don't get the love they get from the voters
Perceived record. They only play 3 good teams so they only have 3 or 4 possible losses on their schedule. So voters just figure they have a 50/50 shot of winning 9 or 10 games and they will look smart for ranking them high with that record. If they were in the SEC they would have been preseason around 40.

I've always thought Brohm to be a good coach, but he can be very dicey situationally at times. Burning timeouts with reckless abandon, delay of penalties with less than two minutes to go, bypassing points multiple times and then getting stuffed on fourth downs. UL is a decent team, and definitely top 5 or 6 in their terrible conference, so this one had to sting.

My guess is that UL will show up and get every bounce and win one of their few remaining tough games (Miami?), then will lay an egg or two (BC and UVA?), and then lose to UK. The bad news is that Brohm is good enough to win most acc games every year so they'll probably average 8-9 wins a year, but that only reinforcdes the false notion that the UL fanbase has always had that they are some burgeoning powerhouse (they're not). So, they will continually build themselves up only to be letdown after games like this and the inevitable loss to UK (and do not be mistaken, they'll convince themselves that UK is somehow the lesser program by the time thanksgiving rolls around).

Reactions: Mulder14
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT